Why does skin dry?
About excessive dryness of the skin say the following symptoms: peeling, tightness, itching. Particularly often, discomfort occurs in the forehead area – here the skin is particularly susceptible to drying. Therefore, the correct care with the use of special cosmetics (finished and home) is of great importance. Perform regularly moisturizing procedures, and over time you will be able to achieve excellent results. The skin will cease to dry, refreshed and will look attractive.
To combat dryness of the skin was more effective, it is necessary to fully understand the causes of this annoying cosmetic problem. And they can be very different:
- Wrong care. Remember that ordinary soap strongly dries the skin. No less harmful and too hot water. Therefore, pick up special soft products and wash with warm or cool water.
- Frequent facial peels.
- The impact of heaters in the cold season.
- Adverse weather factors (bright summer sun, cold, wind). Sharp changes in climate are especially dangerous for the skin. If you moved to another country, you should not be surprised that the skin condition has deteriorated sharply.
- Regular use of decorative cosmetics. Foundation and powder have a pronounced drying effect, which is manifested primarily in the winter period.
Medical problems leading to dry skin
Sometimes even with proper care and favorable climatic conditions, the skin begins to dry out. This can be a sign of serious ill-being in the body, so it is advisable to consult a medical professional. Tell you about the most common diseases that can affect the skin.
- Lack of vitamins
If the skin on the forehead has become too dry, and moisturizers do not help, think about changes in your daily diet. It is possible that the problem is associated with a lack of vitamin B2. In this case, fermented milk products, meat, liver will help. In addition, try to use more greens.
If dryness is combined with inflammation, you have reason to suspect a lack of vitamin A. With a strong deficiency of this substance, night blindness sometimes develops. Try not to bring yourself to this state, eat varied and do not forget to enter into your diet foods containing vitamin A (liver, carrots, eggs).
- Hormonal disorders
The health of the whole body depends on the right balance of hormones. Imbalance of these substances is manifested by many unpleasant symptoms. And one of them is dry skin. It becomes less elastic, loses its natural tone and is flaked.
Changes in hormonal levels can also be natural – when women begin menopause. Estrogen in the body is significantly reduced, why suffer from skin condition. It dries out, loses its elasticity, wrinkles and pigmented spots appear on it. If the usual skin care does not give tangible results, it is advisable to consult an endocrinologist.
- Dermatological diseases
Dry skin in the forehead can be a sign of a dermatological disease (seborrhea, dermatitis, psoriasis, fungus, various allergic reactions). Diseases are manifested not only by drying out and a feeling of tightness. The skin begins to peel off, redden and itch. In this case, dryness is accompanied by inflammation and irritation.
If you experience these symptoms, do not delay your visit to the doctor. The disease will be much easier to cure in the initial stage. A dermatologist will prescribe the necessary examinations, make the correct diagnosis and help eliminate not only the external manifestations, but also the causes of drying of the skin.
Moisturizing the skin on the forehead
For many people, the skin on the forehead is very sensitive and under the influence of certain factors begins to dry and peel off. If the problem is not related to a dermatological disease, then it can be tried to be eliminated with traditional methods and proper care. It is very important to adhere to such recommendations:
- Drink more water (we are talking about pure water, and not other drinks, even useful ones). Daily intake – 2 liters per day. This will help maintain normal water balance and prevent excessive dryness of the skin.
- Tap water with a high chlorine content is very harmful to the skin. Therefore, it is advisable to defend the water for washing, and even better – to filter.
- The person is very sensitive to the effects of cold or heat. Therefore, it is desirable to wash with water at room temperature.
- Avoid alcohol-based lotions. Such funds strongly dry out the skin. Always make a choice in favor of high-quality soft cosmetics.
- When wiping your face, it is better to use a soft towel and not to make intensive movements.
- After each washing, moisturizing tonics are recommended.
- Do not forget about regular care with high-quality nourishing creams and oils.
- Once a week, pamper your skin with a moisturizing mask of natural ingredients; you will find the 15 best recipes in this article.
- Get a humidifier and use it at home.
- Add vitamins A and E to cosmetics. They effectively help to cope with dry skin.
How to choose the right oil
Natural oils bring great benefits to the skin. They soften and moisturize it, saturate with useful components and eventually return elasticity. For dry skin, beauticians recommend using seed oil (peach and apricot), as well as almond oil. These natural products do not cause allergic reactions and irritation. Therefore, they are ideal even for very sensitive skin.
Another great option for dry skin is jojoba oil. It is very popular in home cosmetology due to the many useful qualities. This light oil can be used regularly without fear of pore contamination and the appearance of oily sheen. If necessary, boldly treat their skin several times a day.
Olive, flaxseed and argan oils are also very helpful. In addition, there are solid oils (butters) that can be used for cosmetic purposes. First of all, we are talking about shea, cocoa, mango and coconut butter. But applying butters, you need to be careful, because they can clog pores and lead to comedones. Treat them not the entire face, but only those areas that require moisturizing.
Apply a thin layer of oil every day. But oil compresses for daily use are not suitable. They are advised to do no more than once every 3-4 days.
The benefits of this product for the skin should be discussed separately. It quickly helps smooth out cosmetic defects and saturates tissues with a variety of beneficial substances. Preference should be given to a quality product, very well, if it is Extra Virgen.
Olive oil copes with dry skin care. It contains a large amount of antioxidants and vitamins that make the skin more elastic, improve blood circulation and local metabolism. And the fatty acids that make up the oil increase the protection of the skin against aggressive environmental factors. It is possible to apply oil in the different ways. Here are the main ones:
- Application in pure form (pre-oil should be slightly warmed).
- Adding to the cosmetic cream (just a couple of drops is enough for one serving).
- Lotions and compresses.
Bee honey with dry skin
Natural honey is used in many home cosmetology recipes. It contains a whole range of active substances that have a beneficial effect on the skin. Its only minus is the probability of allergic reactions. Therefore, before use, it is desirable to test the product on a small area of skin.
If you often dry skin on your forehead, we recommend trying a recipe from these ingredients:
Both products are combined and thoroughly mixed. The resulting mass is treated with the entire face, except for the areas around the eyes. After a quarter of an hour, the nutrient mask is washed off with warm (but not hot!) Water.
Another effective moisturizing recipe – honey-oatmeal mixture. It is prepared very quickly. A tablespoon of oatmeal is mixed with two teaspoons of bee product. The resulting mixture is applied to the face and held for 15 minutes. This mask not only nourishes the dry skin, but also has a slight whitening effect.
Dry skin in the forehead – a phenomenon that delivers a lot of discomfort. But do not rush to immediately purchase expensive cosmetics. Very often, the problem can be solved at home, using inexpensive natural products.