At the stage of remission of chronic diseases of the liver, kidneys, pancreas and other organs of the gastrointestinal tract, doctors often recommend that patients regularly use mineral water with a high salt content (over 4 grams per liter).
The main benefit of this therapy is the normalization of water-salt balance in the body, which normalizes the biochemical composition of the blood, accelerates the output of urea products (derivatives of sodium salts).
And it will help to balance the composition of the intestinal microflora, as salts in large quantities stimulate the flow of bile (which speeds up the digestion of food).
But are all the mineral waters that are found on the shelves of the same good for the liver? Which of them are considered more effective in chronic diseases? All answers in our article.
8 facts about the benefits of mineral water
In addition to providing the body with minerals and salts, medicinal waters have the following beneficial effects:
- Protects liver cells from destruction. One of the common causes of cirrhosis is a regular disruption of water-salt balance (alcohol abuse can also trigger it). Mineral water restores it to normal saturates the body with potassium, sodium, sulfates, chlorine compounds.
- Stimulate bile formation. This helps not only to increase the amount of gastric juice produced, but also to prevent the formation of stones in the gallbladder and ducts (which is why the liver is most often affected). This effect is more pronounced in chloride-sulphate mineral waters.
- Disinfects. The mineral bank restores the normal microflora of the intestine, stomach, prevents the formation of gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcers due to the action of Helicobacter pylori. Indirectly, it also prevents the development of infectious diseases of the liver, including hepatitis.
- Normalizes the stool. For chronic constipation, doctors always recommend increasing the amount of water consumed daily, as well as fiber.
- Increases the acidity of gastric juice. Provides this choleretic effect. It speeds up the metabolism, helps to fight obesity. This effect is also important, for example, in hepatosis, when a large amount of lipid compounds accumulate in the blood.
- Improves the secretory function of the stomach. That is, stimulates the synthesis of enzymes, gastric juice. Again – it improves digestion, increases the amount of nutrients that the body receives from food.
- Lowers blood sugar levels. When the amount of glucose in the body rises rapidly (including diabetes mellitus), this immediately affects the liver, since it is in it that the transformation of carbohydrate compounds occurs. Mineral water not only accelerates this process, but also improves the work of the endocrine system, which is responsible for insulin production.
- Prevents fermentation in the intestines. In this regard, mineral waters with a high chlorine content, which destroys the pathogenic microflora in the gastrointestinal tract, are more effective.
Such water is usually taken in short courses. With constant use, there is a high probability of cholecystitis. And if there were stones in the bile ducts, then blockage may occur, followed by inflammation.
What types are the most effective – Top 5
The composition of different mineral waters varies significantly. In some, sulfate compounds predominate, in others, sodium, in the others – potassium, chloride. That is why, for example, with increased acidity of the stomach, Berezovskaya will be better suited, while with reduced acidity, Morshinskaya will do better. Which mineral waters are the most beneficial for the liver for the prevention of chronic diseases of the gallbladder?
It belongs to the chloride-bicarbonate group. Essentuki number 4 and 7 are the most useful for the liver (they are prescribed for patients with chronic diseases of the liver and gall bladder).
Essentuki recommend taking with hepatitis of different etiology, cholecystitis, cholangitis, as well as diseases of the urinary system.
Allowed the appointment of this mineral water and chronic gastritis, gastric ulcer / duodenal ulcer.
Unlike other mineral waters, Borjomi – water of volcanic origin, which explains the presence in the composition of several groups of sulfates. This will be useful for any failures in the liver and gastrointestinal tract.
Another additional property of this water is a slight laxative effect.
Along with this, liver detox from accumulated toxins is achieved. Borjomi is the best option for the prevention of gastrointestinal and liver diseases. But in the acute stage – it is better to give preference to more saturated with potassium waters.
One of the most popular "mineralok" in Ukraine, it is extracted from artesian wells with a high content of sodium compounds. Gives a powerful choleretic effect, stimulates the secretory function of the stomach. It is also useful for obesity, slow metabolism.
But drinking is allowed only in short courses. Since 2017, the manufacturer also produces water Mirgorodskaya Light with a reduced sodium content – it is suitable for chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Stimulates the flow of bile, gives a diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect. Such mineral water is especially saturated with chloride and sodium compounds. Increases the acidity of the stomach.
Also, the manufacturer indicates that it will be useful for patients with diabetes, as it helps the body to lower blood sugar levels.
Even Morshinsky recommended with high blood pressure – hypertension often provokes disorders in the liver.
Its key difference is the presence of large amounts of magnesium in the composition. It is necessary for the regeneration of liver cells and their protection from further destruction. And due to the presence of fluorine and silicon – this water neutralizes a wide range of toxins, which the liver is responsible for removing from the body.
The manufacturer claims that Luzhanskaya helps to “get in shape” much faster with a hangover.
How to clean the liver?
Cleaning the liver with mineral water is recommended for those who have previously been diagnosed with dyspeptic gastrointestinal disorders, duodenitis, chronic pancreatitis. This procedure can be carried out at home.
First, within 3 days of preparation for the purification procedure. The essence of the preparation is quite simple – the use of only herbal products (fresh, boiled or baked without oil). Enemas – contraindicated.
The choice of optimal mineral water is best done with a specialist. For help, you can contact a nutritionist or a gastroenterologist. In this case, you will need to pass basic tests – this will establish the overall picture of the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
Liver cleansing is carried out according to the following scheme:
- every morning on an empty stomach to drink 1 cup of mineral water without gas;
- before each meal (for 20-25 minutes) – also drink 1 cup of mineral water;
- The course of treatment is 6 weeks.
It is recommended to count a single dose of mineral water by body weight, at the rate of 3 – 4 ml per 1 kg of body weight. That is, for a man weighing 90 kilograms it is recommended to drink not a glass at a time, but 270 – 360 ml.
In a glass of water, you can add a few drops of lemon or a teaspoon of honey. Honey water should be drunk at the rate of 2 – 3 ml per 1 kg of body weight.
Above is the so-called "gentle" cleaning method. There is also the so-called "two-stage", but it is contraindicated, for example, in inflammation of the gallbladder.
Features of admission for diseases
Since the composition of mineral waters differs dramatically, it is necessary to give different types to preference in case of chronic liver diseases. Consider the most common options:
- With hepatosis any mineral water that has a choleretic effect as well as enhancing the secretory function of the stomach will be equally useful. When replacing liver tissue, the main thing is to speed up the metabolism, but at the same time it is important to follow a low-calorie diet (or with minimal protein intake, if hepatosis is fibrous, that is, connective tissue ligaments are formed).
- With hepatitis the best option is Essentuki number 4 and 7. Such mineral water suppresses inflammatory processes, comprehensively normalizes the functioning of the liver and gastrointestinal tract, which will help to recover faster from a viral infection.
- With cirrhosis Borjomi and Luzhanskaya are best suited to help the body cope with toxins, thereby "unloading" the liver.
- At the stage of recovery Morshinska will perfectly fit – it normalizes the work of the cardiovascular system, lowers blood pressure, which will speed up the restoration of the liver’s functionality.
- In diseases affecting the functionality of the bile ducts, can advise Mirgorodskaya. But this is only relevant in those cases when there are no formed calculi in the liver.
And now we offer you to familiarize yourself with the video:
Total, mineral waters help to normalize the functional of the digestive tract, but their composition is radically different. And to obtain a certain effect, you should individually select the best mineral water, it is desirable to completely trust the attending physician. And you should not drink such water regularly – you can even damage the liver. Better – courses, lasting up to 6 weeks, while at the same time drinking only about 1 liter of mineral water.