When we serve grilled meat, fish or poultry to the table, the question arises – what kind of side dish or snack to submit to the kebab. The best accompaniment to dishes on the grill are vegetables – fresh or pickled, and all sorts of snacks and side dishes.
Marinated onions with spices will be a great side dish for lamb kebab or beef, vegetables baked on skewers are perfect for meat or fish kebabs. We have collected for you variations of tasty snacks and side dishes for kebabs.
Vegetable appetizer from eggplant to kebab
- Ripe tomatoes – 4 pcs.
- Eggplant – 3 pcs.
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Cilantro, parsley, dill – 150 g
- Balsamic (dark) vinegar – 2-3
- Rinse the eggplants under running water, cut them into circles so that their thickness is no more than one cm. Salt and leave for at least thirty minutes for excess bitterness to come out of them. Then the eggplants need to be rinsed again.
- If you are frying kebabs in nature and you have the opportunity to use the brazier, then take the grill, put eggplants on it and fry them until golden brown and soft on both sides. If you are at home, you can fry eggplants in a conventional grill pan. Oil should not be used. Ready-made eggplant circles cut into four parts and temporarily leave aside. Read more: Cabbage Snack: A step-by-step recipe with photos.
- Take tomatoes, greens and rinse them. The tomatoes need to cut the stalk and chop them into large slices. Grind greens with a sharp knife. Peel the garlic, pass through the press and add it to the greens. Also add there balsamic vinegar and oil, of course it is better if it is homemade and fragrant.
- Now you can combine all the ingredients. Take the salad bowl, put there tomatoes, eggplants and herbs with garlic, oil and vinegar. Salt to taste, mix and give a light vegetable snack to the brewing to brew well. At this time, by the way, you can take a hot kebab. Serve with shashlik and Armenian lavash.
Delicious and quick pita with kebabs
Even in spite of the fact that neither meat nor different sausages are present in this pita from pita bread, it still turns out very tasty, and most importantly light. Unusual sauce gives a special juiciness to pita.
- Hard cheese – 200 g
- Cucumbers – 3 pcs.
- Green Salad – Bunch
- Korean carrots – 300 g
- Dill – 2 bunches
- Mayonnaise – 400 g
- Mustard – 2
- So, now you will find out the answer to the question: “How to prepare a light snack of pita to the kebab?”. First you need to prepare the sauce, to do this, mix in a bowl of honey, mayonnaise, black pepper, ketchup, mustard and mix well. The sauce will be much tastier and healthier if you prepare the mayonnaise yourself.
- Wash cucumbers, if desired, peel and cut into thin strips. Hard cheese grate. Rinse, dry and chop lettuce and dill.
- Cut a sheet of cling film or paper that is slightly larger than a sheet of pita. Place the pita bread on the paper, sprinkle with a layer of hard cheese, then put the second sheet of Armenian pita bread, grease it with half the sauce and sprinkle with chopped lettuce and dill. Now you can put the last leaf, grease it with the remaining sauce, spread out evenly the cucumbers and carrots in Korean.
- Wrap the roll in the form of a roll using a sheet of cling film placed in front of it. Put the snack in the refrigerator and leave it to soak it thoroughly. In general, such a pita snack is best done at night, so that it is completely soaked, takes the desired taste and juiciness. Before serving, cut into medium-thick slices.
Spicy kebab vegetable appetizer
Spicy snack with tomatoes, horseradish and spicy notes of chopped garlic – the perfect side dish for kebabs in nature.
- Horseradish root – 4 pcs.
- Ripe tomatoes – 2 kg
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ground black pepper, salt
- Now you will learn how to cook a spicy vegetable appetizer for kebabs. First you need to do horseradish roots, for this, take fresh roots and just wash. If the roots have already managed to lie down a bit, then you need to soak them beforehand in cold water for a couple of hours. After the water procedure, using a sharp knife, clean the roots from the outer layer of the peel so that the roots become completely white.
- Take a meat grinder, have patience, you can, by the way, protect your eyes simply by wearing scuba diving goggles on them, and pass all the prepared horseradish roots through it. Then immediately transfer the vegetable mixture to the jar, close the lid and put aside.
- You can do tomatoes: they need to be washed, cut into quarters and also skip through a meat grinder. Squeeze the garlic and add it to the tomatoes.
- Salt, can season with pepper. Tomato and garlic mix mixed with horseradish, mix and taste. If it is too spicy, add more chopped tomatoes. Store in the refrigerator until serving.
Vegetable salad with mushrooms and kebabs
Vegetable salad with mushrooms is ideal for an appetizing kebab, as it perfectly fits the most important rules of appetizers and salads to kebabs – ease, simplicity and speed in cooking.
- Beijing cabbage – 150 g
- Champignons – 350 g
- Cherry tomatoes – 150 g
- Cucumber – 1 pc.
- Salad pepper – 1 pc.
- Olive oil – 2
- How to cook a vegetable salad with mushrooms to kebab: prepare all the ingredients. Rinse the Beijing cabbage, dry, chop, put it in a salad bowl and salt it.
- Rinse the champignons under cold water, cut into four parts and fry in a pan with olive oil for four minutes.
- Then season the mushrooms with pepper, basil and rosemary. Salt and mix. Add mustard to the mushrooms, roasting over medium heat, and you can remove the pan from the hob.
- Rinse the sweet pepper, remove the seeds, the stalk and chop into thin rings. Cut cucumbers in the form of circles. Cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- In a salad bowl, on top of the cabbage, you can begin to spread: cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and the final layer will be fried mushrooms with spices and herbs. Decorate the salad with fresh greens, drizzle with oil, preferably olive, and can present to the table.
Spicy Vegetable Salad with Kebabs
The recipe for this spicy salad belongs to the dishes of the Uzbek cuisine. It is served without dressing, and all products need to be cut very thin. This salad is great for grilled meats and, naturally, for kebabs.
- Onions – 2 pcs.
- Tomatoes – 2 pcs.
- Hot pepper – 1 pc.
- Sea salt – to your taste
- Fresh greens, basil
- How to cook a spicy vegetable salad to a kebab: onions, peppers, tomatoes and greens, rinse under cold running water. Onions, using a sharp knife, very thinly cut into half-rings. Send crushed onions to practically ice-cold water for about ten minutes to rid it of natural bitterness.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and also chop into thin half-rings. Basil and shred the greens. Hot pepper cut in the form of rings.
- In a container, mix the chopped vegetables, and before serving they will need to be salted and mixed. Decorate with fresh greens. It is not necessary to fill such a spicy vegetable salad.
- Also, no less popular, tasty and light salads and barbecue snacks are:
- Baked vegetables on the grill with homemade peanut sauce.
- This snack will not only perfectly highlight the taste of grilled meat, but also significantly reduce the negative effect of alcohol consumed, fat and too much natural protein.
Spicy Eggplant Appetizer
- Eggplant – 5 medium-sized fruits,
- about 800-900 g
- Dill – a small bunch
- Garlic to taste
- Vinegar 9% – 150 g
- Salt – 4
- My vegetables, clean – cut the stalk. Eggplant cut into pieces. I like washers more, but I can cut them into tongues.
- Thickness – a little more than a centimeter. Pre-pour salt and squeeze bitterness from the fruit is not necessary, because we will so boil them in salt water.
- In a large saucepan (to fit the cut vegetables) bring the water to a boil, salt it, add vinegar, mix thoroughly. Dip eggplants in boiling brine.
- Cook for long, it is very important. No more than