Barbecue season is coming, which means that the menu for the weekend will consist mainly of dishes cooked over an open fire. Is this not a test for a person who watches his weight? However, properly selected recipes will help you maintain the results achieved in losing weight, and sometimes improve them. I propose to cook a diet barbecue fish on the grill or grill.
The main secret of taste, so that the fish on the coals on the grill turned out tasty and juicy – choose fatty sorts of red fish. Perfect for cooking on the grill salmon and trout. More available red fish can replace them – sockeye, coho, char. Pink salmon for shashlik is not recommended, because it is rather dry. But in the absence of a choice, even it would fit to make a fish skewer.
Recipe for cooking fish on the grill
- Red fish – 1 kg (you can use chilled or defrosted);
Marinade for red fish
- 1-2 cloves of garlic;
- 2-3 sprigs of dill;
- One large onion;
- Half a small lemon;
- White pepper;
- Olive oil (for salmon and trout shashlik – 1
Salmon shashlik (trout) on the grill
How to prepare fish for kebabs
Before cooking shish kebab from frozen fish, it must be properly defrosted. It is necessary to thaw the carcass in the refrigerator on the bottom shelf. Only in this case you save the taste of the fish as much as possible. Defrosting in the refrigerator takes a long time (about 12 hours), consider this when preparing for a picnic.
Before you marinate the fish for grilling, you need to properly prepare. Wash cooled or thawed fish. If necessary, remove the skin, cut the ridge, remove the small bones with tweezers – use them in the recipe for red fish soup. Further preparation of the fish depends on the method of its preparation.
- The best option is to grill red fish on the grill using the grill. Tender meat will fry evenly and will not limp on skewers. When cooking fish on the rack, the thickness of the fish fillet or steak should be no more than 3 cm.
- When cooking fish skewers on skewers, the size of the pieces depends on their diameter – the thicker the skewer, the larger the piece. When using metal skewers, fish is cut into pieces with a side of about 5 centimeters.
- The third option is suitable when there is a fish fillet for kebabs, cut into small pieces that you can’t put on the grid, fail, and you can’t draw on a skewer – the size is too small. But there is a solution! We pin small pieces on bamboo skewers and fry these kebabs of fish on charcoal on a wire rack. Do not forget to soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30-40 minutes, otherwise they will burn when frying over a fire.
How to pickle fish for kebabs
We cut lemon and onion with thin half rings. In a deep bowl, combine the chopped ingredients and lightly crush them with hands, to highlight the juice. Add butter, finely chopped garlic cloves. Do not forget to add salt and white pepper.
Marinade carefully stir and lay out the previously prepared filet. Cover the dishes with a lid or tighten the film (foil). Marinate fish for shish kebab in the fridge for about 2 hours.
How to cook fish on the grill
- Cooking coals. Kindle the coals in the grill and let them ignite. When using firewood for making coal, make sure that the charcoal burns thoroughly. A fish kebab on the grill is cooked in the heat of the coal, there should be no fire.
- Coals are ready. Spread fish fillets and steaks on the grill, or string pieces on skewers or wooden skewers.
- Bake fish on charcoal for about 10 minutes. Do not forget to turn the kebabs, for a uniform roasting and a beautiful blush.
Served fish kebab served with fresh herbs and lemon pieces.