It is believed that the well-known test products are prepared exclusively for meat, but this stereotype has long been destroyed by those who make the “pies” in an original way. If you do not know how to cook them unusually, then here is a simple recipe for such a dish – dumplings in the oven with cheese and mayonnaise, how tasty it is – those who have already tried out simple culinary technology know.
There are many options how to bake the dough with cheese filling, we consider only the most popular recipes that can be reproduced by every cook.
Dumplings with cheese and mayonnaise: a recipe in the oven
- Dumplings with meat filling (pork + beef) – 500 g + –
- Hard cheese – 100-150 g + –
- Onion – 1 pc. large size + –
- Salt – to taste + –
- Vegetable oil – for baking + –
- Mayonnaise – 400-450 g (can be in half with sour cream + –
- Ground black pepper – to taste + –
How to make dumplings with cheese
If you want to discover new taste horizons – it is not necessary to prepare exquisite delicacies for this. It is enough to modify a well-known old dish a little to get a completely new high-quality product from it. How to bake dumplings with mayonnaise and cheese in the oven – step by step is described in the recipe below.
- We clean the onions from the husk, wash it under running water.
- Cut the onion into small cubes (can be thin half-rings).
- Pour cutting into a plate, temporarily leave it aside.
- On a large grater we rub hard cheese, pour the resulting mass into a separate bowl.
- Pour oil into the pan, set the tank to warm over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, pour the sliced onions into the pan and begin to fry it until it gets a soft golden hue. From time to time in the process of roasting the onions must be mixed with a wooden spatula.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise with spices (salt + ground black pepper), thoroughly mix everything with a tablespoon until smooth. At this stage, in addition to spices, mayonnaise can also be mixed with sour cream, such a filling for ravioli will be even more tender and fragrant.
- Fry the onions, pour the resulting mayonnaise sauce, mix the products, give the dressing to warm up properly.
- We place frozen dumplings on a baking sheet or pour them into a baking dish.
- We mix together a mayonnaise dressing with fried onions, and then the resulting product is filled with "pies" with meat. It is very important that the dressing evenly covers the dumplings.
- Sprinkle with cheese on top, then place the form in an oven preheated to 200 ° C. Put the form only in a hot oven and preferably at an average level. At the bottom, the dumplings will not bake enough, at the top, they will be very fried.
- Baking dumplings under cheese with mayonnaise dressing for about 30-40 minutes, until a nice golden color appears.
- After cooking dumplings get out of the oven, give a little cool and still warm serve to the table.
As an addition to baked dumplings, various vegetable side dishes, pickles, fresh or canned salads, etc., are suitable. However, it is not at all necessary to complement your favorite homemade dish, because it is already quite satisfying in itself.
Dumplings in the oven with sour cream and cheese
Those who do not like mayonnaise shop, you can offer to cook dumplings without him. Instead of a harmful product for cooking dressings, try using delicious homemade sour cream. It will give the dish a special taste and aroma, which can always be supplemented with fragrant spices and fresh greens. Despite the fact that the favorite delicacy will come out quite high-calorie, yet, sometimes, you just need to pamper yourself.
- Sour cream (15%) – 400 g;
- Pelmeni (frozen) – 500 g;
- Greens – to taste;
- Onions – 2 pcs .;
- Butter – 50 g (for roasting onions);
- Spices – to taste;
- Hard cheese – 100 g;
- Sunflower oil – ½ tbsp. l
Cooking ravioli with cheese in the oven
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Thinly chop the onion half rings, fry it over medium heat in melted butter.
- Mix roast with sour cream, add finely chopped greens, salt, spices to the mixture.
- Grease the baking dish with sunflower oil, then lay the dumplings on the bottom with one continuous layer, pour them evenly with spicy sour cream sauce.
- We rub cheese on a fine grater, we sprinkle with a grated mass of dumplings under sour cream sauce.
- We preheat the oven to 200 ° C, put into it a form with dumplings and bake them until done (30-35 minutes before browning).
to content ↑
Secrets of delicious homemade dumplings
- Serve ready dumplings, if desired, you can with any delicious home-made sauce. Ideal with the savory taste of baked pelmeni mushroom sauce, sour cream and ketchup sauce, as well as sour cream, diluted with black pepper and 1 tsp. soy sauce.
- If you make dumplings directly on the day of their preparation, then do not forget to freeze them a little before baking.
- You can use softer cheese types instead of hard cheese. For example, very tasty are dumplings with Adyghe and melted cheese. The recipe for making ravioli with such a cheese dressing is identical to the two technologies described above. Only the taste of the dressing in which these cheeses are added will differ.
- You can cook dumplings in the oven not only with cheese. If you use a creamy-mayonnaise sauce for dressing, then you can not put the cheese in the dish. Use ham instead. Dumplings with ham and sour cream – no less tasty than with cheese. Baked in the oven – they will turn out fragrant and very appetizing.
If you have never cooked dumplings in the oven with cheese and mayonnaise, then be sure to add variety to your menu. Who knows, maybe it is this kind of “old” dish that you and your loved ones most like. Do not be afraid to experiment – and then the result will definitely please you.