A bright orange vegetable that has a delicate flavor and saturates with vitamins and trace elements, useful for moms, dads and their children! That’s right, today we will talk about cooking a variety of pumpkin dishes for children of any age – from the smallest to the most completely conscious. All recipes are simple and very fast in execution, and the dishes are nutritious, easy and tasty – your kids will be satisfied.
A pumpkin with one of its colors is already uplifting, and even more so with its composition. It contains a huge amount of vitamins and minerals, among which are potassium and vitamin T, necessary for the normalization of metabolic processes, and vitamin K, which is responsible for the proper synthesis of bones.
Despite the fact that this vegetable has enough sugar to make it an attractive product for toddlers of very early age, it is easily and quickly absorbed. Pediatricians loudly advocate the introduction of the pumpkin in the supplements to the smallest children, because there is not much fiber in it, and it is very easy to digest, not injuring and not loading the not yet developed digestive system of babies.
It goes well with any types of vegetables, cereals, meat, dairy products, so it is so good in dishes for children. The little one will definitely like his new pumpkin menu for children!
Pumpkin Dishes for Kids
You can begin to introduce pumpkin food to a healthy baby in the seventh month of life. It should be a simple mash, prepared as follows.
- Fresh pumpkin – 100 g
- Filtered water – ¼ cup
- We clean the vegetable from the seeds, cut it into pieces and pour in water, put it to cook under a lid in a small saucepan over low heat.
- After 15 – 2 minutes, when the vegetable becomes soft, pour out the excess water, if it remains, and rub it through a sieve. Why a sieve if there is a blender? The fact is that a blender, no matter how hard you try, “skips” large fibers. For an adult, they are not noticeable at all, but a baby, who has not tried anything other than liquid food, may not like them at all, and discard them from the “adult” food for a long time. So it is better not to risk it, but to arm yourself with a sieve, especially since you only need to wipe 100 grams!
- To improve the taste, we can add a little breast milk or formula. Done! You can regain your treasure!
Vegetable soup with pumpkin
Your baby has grown up, got used to a new taste and not even one. He wants diversity, and you pamper him with new foods. Try to enter into the menu a new pumpkin dish that is suitable for children from 8 to 9 months.
- Pumpkin – 50 g
- Potato – 30 g
- Carrots – 30 g
- Zucchini – 30 g
- Broccoli – 30 g
- Water – ¼ cup
- Refined vegetable oil – ½
Pumpkin puree soup for your karapuz ready!
We have grown up!
If your son or daughter is more than a year old or even two, the following pumpkin dishes will surely fall for them both in age and taste!
Millet porridge with pumpkin
Such a gruel can be given to children from one and a half to two years, and adults will like it, because it turns out sweet, nutritious and very healthy, so we will cook for several servings at once, so that is enough for everyone.
- Wheat groats – 2 tbsp.
- Pumpkin (peeled and cut into pieces) – 400 g
- Milk – 700 g
- Water – 700 g
- Salt – 1
- As we remember, our pumpkin has already been cleaned and cut, which means that we put it immediately on the fire, injecting water in such a way that only the pieces are slightly covered.
- While the vegetable is stewing, rinse the millet thoroughly. Plain grits can be very dirty, so take the time to do this and wash it in several waters.
- After 20 minutes, when the pumpkin is soft, knead it with a potato mash, but only lightly! No need to turn it into a homogeneous mass, just enough to stretch the individual pieces. So porridge will get tastier and more unusual – the pumpkin flavor will be much more tangible, and the bright orange pieces will delight your kid.
- Now we pour in hot milk, the rest of the water into the saucepan with vegetables and add millet.
- As soon as the porridge boils, reduce the heat and, opening the lid, cook until final readiness for at least 25-30 minutes. Add salt and sugar at the very end, 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- If possible, give the porridge a little stand. Wrap it for 15-20 minutes – so the taste will be even more rich and deep.
- When serving, place a piece of butter in the plate. Another baby pumpkin dish is ready!
This recipe makes a real dessert, and not just a new pumpkin dish for kids! He will delight all the sweet teeth in your family. It is not a shame to offer a pumpkin casserole to “little” guests at a children’s party or at “mother’s” gatherings with children – tasty, useful and unusual!
- 350 g sliced pumpkin
- Semolina – 75 g
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Icing Sugar – 3
- Again, as in the previous recipes, boil the vegetable, but now completely drain the water and make the puree the most – with a blender or tolkushkoy.
- Add to it an egg and icing sugar, how to mix.
- We fall asleep in the pumpkin-egg mixture in small portions of semolina and again interfere so that there are no lumps. Add raisins or dried apricots.
- You can cook a casserole in the oven and in a double boiler:
- In the first case, cover the container for baking paper or lubricate it with vegetable oil. It’s also good to use small muffin cups. Spread the mixture into forms and bake for 25-40 minutes at 180 ° C. Remember, the less your molds, the less baking time!
- If you are cooking in a double boiler, you will need 40 – 45 minutes.
Serve a treat with ice cream, milkshake or sprinkled with powdered sugar on top. And in the children’s menu, and in an adult such a pumpkin dish will make a pleasant variety.
It is not necessary to cook only sweet desserts from a bright vegetable. As we remember, it may well be part of a "serious" dish, which can be given to children from one year.
- Pumpkin peeled (large pieces!) – 500 g
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Cream 10% – 50 g
- Semolina – 1 tbsp. l
- Salt – Pinch
- Breadcrumbs – 2
- Three pieces of pumpkin grated, squeeze the juice.
- We put on a small fire to stew for 5 minutes, adding juice and cream.
- We spread the grinded vegetable in a deep plate, mix egg and semolina into it. We salt.
- We form cutlets, dip them in breadcrumbs and cook for a couple.
Serve immediately hot.
Pumpkin Figures with Cheese
This fun dish is a real find! It will decorate the festive table or just cheer up you and your child with your mischievous look. You can even cook it together!
- Pumpkin – 300 – 400 g
- Cheese hard – 50 – 70 g
- Salt – ½
- Peeled vegetable cut into thin slices – no more than