When the hostess needs to cook a quick and tasty dish, very often sausages help her out.
Fortunately, these sausages on the shelves of shops now abound and you can buy them, focusing on the price, the composition of the product and the taste.
Many people believe that sausages and boiled sausage are one and the same, so they can be eaten raw and without any heat treatment.
But still sausages recommend boiling, frying or baking to destroy those pathogens that could appear in the meat product during its transportation, storage or unfair cooking.
How to prepare sausages for cooking
Many are concerned about the question, remove or not to remove the shell from the sausages.
If it is natural, then it is most often not removed, because it is harmless, and after cooking, some people eat it together with sausage.
But most often sausages go on sale in an artificial casing. Therefore, it is recommended to remove it before cooking, in order to protect itself from those harmful substances that can pass from it into the product itself. Although it is made from food raw materials, it is better not to risk it.
If sausages are cooked in a casing, they need to be punctured with a needle in several places.. Thanks to this action sausages will not burst. It’s better not to pierce them with a knife or fork, as they can fall apart in these places during the cooking process.
How to cook sausages in the pan
To do this, take a pan so that the sausages fit into it at full length. Then they do not warp during cooking and will remain even.
They can be poured with cold or hot water, but still the second option is preferable, since then the sausages will quickly cook, as well as less nutrients from them will go into the water.
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Salt is not added, as in sausage it is enough.
- Immersed in the water sausages. In this case, the liquid should completely cover them.
- Again bring the water to a boil, reduce the fire, so that the liquid does not boil.
- Cook sausages 5-10 minutes. You should not cook for a long time, because then their taste deteriorates significantly.
- Sausages taken out of the water and immediately put on a plate.
- If the sausages were cooked in the shell, then it is removed. To make it easier to do this, sausages, taking out of boiling water, immediately immersed in cold water for a few seconds. Then they remove the film, which after such manipulations is easy to give up.
How to cook frozen sausages
Cooked frozen sausages a little differently.
- The frozen product is immediately placed in cold water without removing the shell. But lest it burst, they pierce it in several places.
- Bring to a boil and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Sausages are removed from boiling water and lowered for a few seconds in cold water.
- Remove the shell.
How to cook sausages in the microwave
Sausages are cooked in the microwave in almost the same way as in a saucepan.
- Sausages peeled from the shell are placed in a microwaveable container. So that they do not bulge and burst, they are pierced in several places with a needle. Or, at both ends make small cuts on the product. Then, during the heat treatment sausages acquire an unusual shape, but do not burst.
- Pour boiling water so that the water completely covered them. Otherwise, the parts of the sausages protruding from the water during cooking will fry and darken.
- Close the container with a lid and boil for about 3 minutes.
- Get out of the water and immediately served on the table with any side dish.
Sausages in the microwave can be cooked without water. This process is much more economical and faster. Yes, and sausages are much more tasty.
- For this sausage free from the shell and put on a plate. At both ends they must be slightly incised.
- Put in a microwave, turn on the highest power and cook for 1 minute. To get a juicy sausage, you can pour a little water on a plate.
How to cook sausages in a slow cooker
Sometimes the gas ends at the most inopportune moment. And then the multicooker comes to the rescue. If you need to quickly cook something for dinner, you can cook sausages. To do this, use the program "Steam boiling", "Stewing / Soup" or "Baking".
- Sausages free from the shell.
- Water is poured into a bowl and brought to a boil.
- Put sausages in it.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
How to cook sausages in a double boiler
Steaming is considered perfect. After all, with this method all the useful substances remain in the product. Therefore, sausages can be cooked in this kitchen unit.
- Sausages free from the shell.
- Spread in a bowl, oiled.
- Set the bowl on a double boiler, the tank of which is filled with water.
- Turn on the steamer and cook the sausages for about 10 minutes.