String (asparagus) beans are popular all over the world. This useful product is appreciated by everyone who loves healthy food. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and plant fiber. The energy value of 100 grams of the product is only about 30 kcal. From the young green beans you can cook a lot of healthy and tasty dishes. Simple recipes for the preparation of asparagus beans under the force even the novice mistress. But first it is necessary to figure out how to choose the right thing and what to do with green beans to cook delicious food.
How to cook asparagus beans
Young pods of beans are fried, boiled in a double boiler or saucepan, baked, stewed, cooked in a slow cooker. Some housewives can not get crunchy green pods after heat treatment. There can be two reasons for this – the product is improperly selected or improperly prepared.
What color is the most delicious variety of green beans?
All its varieties are equally good and do not differ much in taste, they can be yellow, green or dark red. It is important only that the beans are young, without formed grains. Choosing a product on the market, break one pod: if it breaks easily, with a crunch, has a uniform watery flesh, you can safely buy.
How to cook asparagus beans?
Its cooking time usually does not exceed five minutes. Prepared pods are immersed in boiling water, boiled for 3-5 minutes in a saucepan with the lid open. The finished beans are immediately poured with icy water – this allows you to keep the green color and the pleasant crunch of the beans. Further cooking is depending on the requirements of the recipe: pods are stewed with tomato and vegetables, baked in the oven under a cheese crust, or added to salad and soup.
Preparation for the winter
To prepare beans for the winter, retaining useful vitamins, it is frozen. This can be done very simply: wash the beans, cut the tails, cut each pod into two parts and put in a plastic bag, send it in the freezer. Before cooking, frozen beans are not thawed, immediately put in boiling water. Cook a little longer than fresh – up to 8 minutes.
Asparagus Bean Recipes
This is the simplest dish, the development of which will provide an opportunity to successfully prepare more complex recipes.
- onion 60 g;
- asparagus beans 550 g;
- fresh basil 9 g;
- parsley 1 g;
- olive oil 60 ml;
- ground black pepper;
- 1 mint;
- honey 2 tbsp. l .;
- Zira 1 year
- Beans are boiled.
- Onions cut into half rings. Greens finely chopped.
- Mix the beans, onions and herbs, season with salt, pepper, zira.
- Make a dressing of honey, vinegar (you can take lemon juice) and olive oil, added to the salad.
- After half an hour of soaking in the fridge, a fragrant salad is served on the table as a side dish to the main dish.
Spicy asparagus appetizer
This snack can be stored for a long time in the refrigerator, instead of serving salad to the main dishes.
- asparagus beans 1000 g;
- Bulgarian pepper 190 g;
- hot pepper 1 pc .;
- garlic 5–6 tooth .;
- water 2000 ml;
- salt 100 g
- The water in the pan is heated when boiling, add salt and washed bean pods, which have cut off the tips. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Pods spread in a colander and doused with cold water. In the same water, where the beans were cooked, lower the Bulgarian pepper, and cook for 2 minutes. After removing from the boiling water, they immediately pour the pepper over with cold water.
- Combine the beans, sliced Bulgarian pepper, chopped garlic and hot peppers. Pour the cooled brine in which the vegetables were cooked, and press down with oppression. Leave the beans at room temperature for two or three days.
- When signs of fermentation appear, vegetables are placed in the refrigerator. Served as a snack to meat and fish dishes.
From asparagus beans you can make a warm salad that tastes good thanks to the addition of sour cream.
- green beans 350 g;
- carrots 75 g;
- onion 70 g;
- tomatoes 110 g;
- garlic 2 tooth .;
- sour cream 55 g;
- vegetable oil 40 ml;
- salt, greens.
- The oil is heated in a frying pan. Fry the finely chopped onion and grated carrots. Five minutes later add to the vegetables tomato, peeled and cut into cubes. Stew another 2 minutes.
- Washed beans with trimmed tips are boiled in salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Add to vegetables in a pan, put sour cream and salt. All together extinguish 5-10 minutes. At the end of cooking, sprinkle vegetables with chopped garlic. Served, garnished with parsley.
Beef Goulash with Green Beans
String beans perfectly complement the taste of goulash. You can take both fresh beans and frozen. It is better to use young, lean meat.
- veal 600 g;
- asparagus beans 190 g;
- garlic 2 tooth .;
- tomato paste 35 g;
- 2 onions;
- vegetable oil 40 ml;
- spices and salt;
- water 125 ml.
- The meat is washed under running water and cut into small pieces. Put on a paper towel to dry it up a bit.
- In a hot pot or in a skillet with a thick bottom, heat the oil and fry the meat until golden brown.
- Peel the onions, cut into small or half rings, add to the meat. When the onions redden, pour the meat with boiling water with tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste. Quenching on low heat should last about 40 minutes.
- In fresh green beans cut off the tips, boil in salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes, discarded in a colander. To the ready goulash spread the pods, stew another 5 minutes. Chopped garlic is added at the very end.
- Goulash is served with a side dish of potato, buckwheat porridge or pasta.
Green beans under cheese crust
This dish has its own secret, which gives it a special aroma and rich taste.
- green beans 600 g;
- garlic 2 tooth .;
- Parmesan cheese 100 g;
- olive oil 50g
How to cook green beans under the cheese crust:
- Beans boil for 3-5 minutes. Immerse in ice water for 5 minutes and recline in a colander.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Put in it peeled garlic cloves, fry until golden brown, then remove and discard.
- Boiled beans are sent to garlic oil, fried for 2 minutes. Then they shift it into a ceramic, buttered form, sprinkled with grated Parmesan, put in a hot oven.
- Maintain a dish in the oven for 5 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees. Served hot or cold, decorated with greens.
With green beans you can make a lot of delicious salads. In addition to vegetables, they add meat, dressing and spices.
- asparagus beans 210 g;
- ham 100 g;
- onions 60 g;
- Bulgarian pepper 85 g;
- canned corn 200 g;
- mayonnaise 55 g;
- salt, pepper, ground.
- Asparagus beans boiled in salted water until tender. It is cooled in ice-cold water and thrown into a colander to drain the water.
- Chop onions finely or quarters. Bulgarian pepper, having cleared from seeds, is cut by slices. Ham crushed into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients of the salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add mayonnaise. Serve the dish to the table, beautifully decorated with a sprig of parsley or dill.
This preparation can be added in the winter to various salads, soups and borscht.
- green beans 1000 g;
- salt 30 g;
- water 2 l .;
- vinegar 6% by the number of cans.
- Beans are washed, their tails are cut off. Pour boiling water, salt and boil for 5 minutes.
- The finished beans are laid out on sterilized jars (