Principles of cake decorating with icing
Some tricks will help you to decorate your birthday cake in an original way:
- When cooking, the glaze must always be intensively stirred, otherwise it will burn and will taste bitter.
- Chocolate can always be replaced with cocoa powder, just keep the proportions: if the recipe says “100 grams of chocolate”, take 50 grams of cocoa powder and 50 grams of butter, cream or condensed milk instead.
- After making the cake, covered with icing, clean in the cold for at least 3 hours.
- Light glaze can tint food dyes. One drop of blue dye will give a light glaze a snow-white shade, neutralizing the yellowness of butter.
It is more convenient to heat chocolate for the glaze in the microwave oven, having previously covered the container with a lid.
This cake cover is shiny, smooth, very durable. When cutting the cake into portions, the knife must be warmed up, otherwise the icing may crack.
- Chocolate (white can be combined with food coloring, black) –