Salted eggplant with garlic – a proven family recipe shared by my mother-in-law. Eggplants (or, as they are also called, "blue ones") turn out just wonderful – moderately spicy, moderately salty. Pleasant variety and alternative to pickled cucumbers, canned tomatoes and zucchini.
- small eggplants
- salt iodized
- garlic (for 1 small eggplant 1 medium clove of garlic)
- bay leaf (1 piece per liter jar)
- Suitable for pickling small eggplants (as tall as a liter can or less), dark purple, dense, elastic, mature. Wash them and cut off the stem (ass is not necessary).
- With a knife we make a cut in each eggplant along the length, a little under-cutting to the end.
- Eggplants pour water, salt water (adding 2 tablespoons of salt to 1 liter of water). We press them with a load, such as a plate or saucer, so that they do not float up and boil over evenly. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for min. 15 from the time when boil. We check the softness, punctures with the end of the match (unsharpened), it is not necessary to digest. As soon as the match enters easily, it means the eggplants are ready. Immediately remove them from the boiling water on the plate.
- Prepare a clean slope for water flow. To do this, put a clean chopping board in a large bowl or saucepan at an incline (approximately 45 °). We spread 2 eggplants to the bottom of the board and 2 more from above, we press it with another clean cutting board. Put a load on top (3-liter jar or plastic bottles with water, putting them on the side of the board. So leave the eggplants to cool for about an hour. We prepare the rest of the eggplants in the same way. If you can prepare an inclined surface and press a larger one to Immediately all the eggplants fit in – it will be even better.
- Prepare garlic with salt: take 4 medium cloves of garlic for 4 small eggplants. Finely chopped garlic, add salt: for this amount of garlic (4 cloves) – ½ tsp. l salt without slides, mix well.
- In each cooled eggplant in a cut put a teaspoon of garlic and salt.
- Eggplant stuffed with garlic, close.
- Cooking pickle. At 1 l. cold boiled water add 60 gr. salt, stir (per liter jar takes about