Undoubtedly, every hostess, ever tried to make pizza at home. Unfortunately, it often happens that the achievement of the desired result ends in failure, because not everyone knows how to make the classic thin pizza dough. This article will help you properly prepare the perfect it and thus please your loved ones, as well as entertain your “I”.
How to make thin pizza dough – top rules
The most important thing to start preparing dough is a good mood. By the way, this concerns not only this dish, but also the whole process of cooking. The absence of a stressful condition will definitely have a positive effect on the final result.
- Olive oil is an ideal sunflower substitute that will give dough good elasticity and unsurpassed taste.
- To make the dough “airy”, you need to sift the flour before cooking. It is also worth knowing that when mixing, the first half of the flour is used first, and a little later – the second.
- Knead the dough until it stops sticking to the hands. If it does not break when stretched, the dough is cooked correctly. For elasticity, many people recommend adding vinegar or citric acid to the dough, and sometimes even brandy. Acidic environment affects the increase in viscous protein matter, which is in the flour.
- In order for the texture of the dough to retain its tenderness, it is necessary to roll it out by hand and very carefully. Having dusted the surface with flour, the dough must be stretched from the middle to the edges. Be sure to make the edges thicker to get bumpers.
- Salt for the dough is preferably mixed with flour.
- In order for the dough to be crisp, the water in which the yeast will be diluted must be heated to 38 C.
- All the ingredients of the dough are combined, recommended ten minutes after the yeast is saturated with oxygen.
- To avoid pizza sticking to the form, it is pre-lubricated with olive oil and sprinkled with flour. But the pan itself must be heated.
- Also, you need to know that there should be no drafts in the room.
For golden and crisp dough, the oven should be preheated, and the roasting time should be about 10 minutes.
Thin Pizza Dough – Recipe for Italian Dough
To prepare the classic Italian dough, you will need the following ingredients (on one base with a diameter of 30 cm):
- 250 g flour
- 200 ml water 15g fresh yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Before you start cooking, you need to take care of choosing the right flour. Naturally, the ideal option would be real Italian flour, but if there is none, then the domestic one with a higher protein content of at least 12% will serve as a substitute. The use of conventional flour will make the pizza lush, but in this case the goal is to make just classic thin dough.
- 250 g of flour is mixed with a spoonful of salt, pour it all up on a table, and a hole is made in its center.
- A teaspoon of yeast and the same amount of sugar is poured into the water. For the yeast to start its process, this mixture is infused for 10 minutes.
- Having it poured into a hole made in flour, and after adding 1 tbsp. spoons of oil, you can start to mix it all slowly. You need to move carefully and from the center of the hill to the edge.
- If the dough has ceased to stick to the hands, and when stretching does not break, you can safely leave it to fit for one hour.
- If the dough has doubled, you need to start cutting pizza. A cake is formed with a diameter of 10 cm and approximately 3 cm thick.
- After which it can be stretched, but only with the help of hands. The ideal cake will be a dough 30-35 cm in diameter with a thickness of 3-4 mm. This will be the classic Italian dough.
By the way, an Italian ritual, in which a cake is thrown into the air and twisted on one finger, is performed to saturate the dough with oxygen.
Pizza dough "like in pizza"
For the preparation of such a recipe is necessary (taking into account 2 servings with a diameter of 30 cm):
- Flour – 500g
- Yeast – 12g
- Sugar –
- For a start, you need a small bowl into which the yeast and sugar are poured. Pour it all with water, stir and, covered with a towel, leave in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Flour needs a bigger bowl, to which, in addition to the main ingredient, dry herbs are added. As in the previous recipe, a recess is created in the middle, into which the mixture is poured, infused to the desired consistency. A fork or a whisk is used in the first mixing stage.
- Then olive oil is poured in and the dough is shifted to a wooden surface. Next, kneading is continued manually about ten minutes.
- After receiving the elastic and non-sticky dough, it is sprayed with olive oil and divided into two parts, which are put in different bowls, while covering them with a towel and leaving in a warm place for thirty minutes.
- After the allotted time, the dough is laid out on the table and stretched by hands to the required size. When moving the pizza into the mold, dough should be pierced several times with a toothpick.
Yeast Free Pizza Dough
The best thin yeast-free pizza dough
This recipe is my favorite and my family loves pizza with this kind of dough. It turns out thin, but soft and with crispy sides. It compares favorably with other yeast-free recipes. Try it yourself!
- sour cream – 3 tablespoons;
- eggs – 1 pc;
- flour – 1-2 glasses (it all depends on the consistency of sour cream);
- salt – 1
Dough preparation for pizza on sour cream:
- First of all, put sour cream in a bowl and add soda or baking powder, salt. Beat in the egg.
- Now the line of flour – add half a glass first, mix. Next, add flour and mix until the dough is suitable for kneading by hand.
- Pour the flour on the work surface, lay out the resulting dough and knead with your hands until it becomes the consistency you need.
- Who loves the dough thinner – knead like dumplings (dense and taut dough). In this case, the resulting dough roll out with a rolling pin to the desired thickness.
- Who loves a loose, slightly fluffy and soft dough and thin at the same time – knead it until it is difficult to distribute it over the baking tray with his fingers (it should be soft, pliable, very elastic).
- Cooking pizza with such dough should be on greased parchment paper. The dough is soft enough and stick to the hands, so when it is distributed to the hands, the butter also does not hurt Spread the dough in a thin layer, place the filling on top and put the pizza in the oven for 180-30 minutes for 20-30. The dough should be rosy. If you have it pale, put another 5-10 minutes and raise the temperature to 200 degrees.
That’s all, you just get a thin pizza dough on sour cream, I have not had any cases when this recipe failed!
Unleavened thin pizza dough – Recipe number 1
To diversify the methods of cooking pizza, this option is extremely good, as is often used in Italy itself.
- 100 ml of water