Neurological Department Bekhterev Center
Neurology – The most important branch of medicine, studying the methods of diagnosis and treatment of various diseases of the nervous system. The most common among them are strokes, conditions after traumatic brain and spinal injuries, diseases of the peripheral nervous system, osteochondrosis, radiculitis and various pain syndromes. Such diseases require not only extensive experience and professionalism of the attending physicians, but also an effective comprehensive treatment program that combines a variety of techniques.
You can restore your health after suffering diseases and surgeries in the Bekhterev medical-diagnostic complex (6/2 Letchik Pilutyova Str.). The unique medical complex, located in an ecologically clean area in the south-west of St. Petersburg, was created in order to provide patients with complete comfort for the entire duration of treatment.
The rehabilitation course in the Bekhterev Center, thanks to the constant monitoring of the patient’s condition and the timely adjustment of the treatment program, helps patients to achieve a noticeable improvement in their health status, and in many cases return to a normal life.
The treatment and diagnostic complex Bekhterev unites an ambulance station, several inpatient units and a rehabilitation center. The hospital offers spacious 1- and 2-bed wards with a TV, shower and toilet, as well as two-bedroom VIP-wards.
The delicacy and attentiveness of the medical staff, the cozy atmosphere of the hospital, the most advanced medical techniques – all this provides our patients with comfort and convenience for the duration of treatment, and allows many patients, if desired, not to interrupt their work activities.
Comprehensive treatment program at the Bekhterev rehabilitation center
- Acupuncture. It minimizes pain, restores good sleep and memory, improves the mobility of limbs during paralysis, and normalizes the functioning of internal organs.
- Microcomputer pulse therapy relieves pain. Normalizes blood circulation and vascular tone of the head and neck, improves metabolism, as well as nutrition of bone and cartilage tissues of the spine and joints. Stimulates local microcirculation of blood, which helps to eliminate toxins from the body and prevents tissue merging.
- Therapeutic massage, classic and acupressure provides a comfortable and gentle relief of pain. Restores normal blood circulation and vascular tone of the spine, improves metabolism. Stimulates blood microcirculation in the affected tissues of the body.
- Correction and recovery of speech. Special techniques of the Bekhterev rehabilitation center carefully and effectively restore the speech of patients, whose functions are often impaired as a result of strokes and various head injuries.
- Physiotherapy. Individual selection of exercises in accordance with the patient’s condition, for the most effective recovery of body functions.
Stroke – an acute violation of cerebral circulation – an acutely developing violation of the functions of the nervous system as a result of damage to the cerebral vessels.
Patients usually spend the acute period of a stroke in specialized resuscitation and neurological departments of hospitals. The most frequent problems in stroke patients are disorders of motor and coordinator functions, speech, vision, and sensitivity; loss of walking and self-care skills. It is with these consequences that patients face after discharge from the hospital. In the recovery period, after the patient is discharged from the hospital, the main goal of medical measures is the prevention of recurrent stroke and complications, as well as the most complete recovery of the body and its functions.
The recovery period after a stroke lasts for a year and the sooner qualified rehabilitation measures are started, the greater the effectiveness of the rehabilitation treatment.
In our clinic, medical rehabilitation is built on an integrated approach and includes the following areas:
- drug therapy (drugs to improve blood circulation in the brain and spinal cord, nerve cell power and peripheral nerves);
- motor rehabilitation (classes with a physician rehabilitologist, exercise therapy, ergotherapy);
- physiotherapy, massage;
- restoration of speech functions (classes with aphasiologist, neuropsychologist);
- medical and hygienic nursing care;
- psychotherapeutic correction and social support;
- prevention of recurrent stroke and the development of complications.
The main goal of rehabilitation after a stroke is the prevention of recurrent stroke and complications, as well as the most complete restoration of the body and its functions.
Treatment of osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a degenerative disease of the intervertebral discs, accompanied by a decrease in their height, the appearance of pain and is fraught with the occurrence of numerous complications.
Treatment of spinal osteochondrosis requires an integrated approach.
Our clinic uses an effective set of measures for the treatment of osteochondrosis and other pain syndromes:
- drug therapy;
- therapeutic blockade (local injection therapy).
Osteochondrosis can be completely cured with the timely start of treatment.
Treatment of brain diseases
- dementia (senile dementia);
- Alzheimer’s disease;
- Parkinson’s disease;
- dyscirculatory encephalopathy;
Degenerative diseases of the brain, as well as vascular diseases of the brain, usually appear in people in old age.
Degenerative diseases of the brain require a multidisciplinary approach to their diagnosis and treatment.
In the framework of inpatient treatment in our clinic, we will conduct: secondary examination – MRI, CT scan of the brain, consultations of experienced psychiatrists, neuropsychological testing. We will assign the optimal drug therapy for these diseases and select a drug regimen for treating patients after discharge from the hospital, at home.
Care for bed patients
The middle and junior medical staff of our clinic provides constant care for patients depending on the level of their physical activity and the state of their motor functions. If there is evidence, the whole range of nursing care activities is carried out: body hygiene, washing, assistance with physiological functions and meals, changing of underwear and bed linen, measures for the prevention of bedsores, etc.
Patient comfort and care are the main principles of the Bekhterev center.
Benefits of treatment in the center Bekhterev
Each of our patients is unique. Each treatment complex is unique. We are constantly improving our level of service, and, at the moment, we offer you the following forms of treatment:
- outpatient treatment (clinic visits for consultations, examinations and procedures);
- inpatient treatment (stay in the clinic for 24 hours);
- day hospital (visiting the clinic for the whole day with the possibility of returning home in the evening);
- home treatment (consult a doctor).
We work around the clock and seven days a week
Hospitalization in our center is possible at any time of the day. Our patients receive constant care and attention throughout their stay in the center, 24 hours a day.
High professionalism of doctors
We are extremely scrupulous about the selection of high-quality specialists for work in our center. In addition to the high professional level, all our doctors love their job.
The chambers are equipped with shower, toilet, TV, air conditioning. Patients are offered a balanced three meals a day, providing various menu options, such as dietary and vegetarian.
Flexible pricing and convenient payment options
Since each patient requires an individual approach to treatment – we tried to make our price list as simple and understandable for you as possible, we also made 6 payment options for our treatment (including on credit).
Neurological treatment prices
In this section: prices for specialist consultations, outpatient treatment, procedures, inpatient treatment, rehabilitation after an insult, home treatment, care for the elderly