Not always a woman has the opportunity to use expensive products in order to restore the attractive appearance of her hair. You shouldn’t get upset about it – ordinary means, such as salt for hair, which has a complex effect on the scalp condition, will help to make curls beautiful.
Competent hair care should consist of several stages: peeling of the scalp, nutrition of the roots, moisturizing, protection from aggressive external factors, massage. To help carry out part of the care can salt, sold in any grocery store.
Effects of salt on hair
Food salt primarily acts as a scrub. Its advantage lies in the fact that small particles gently cleanse the skin of impurities and exfoliate all dead cells. Such peeling allows you to activate blood circulation at the local level. Salt is also useful for enhanced nutrition of the roots. Salt and masks based on it are recommended to rub into the skin – it helps stimulate hair follicles, eliminates excessive hair loss and enhances their growth. Strengthening hair with salt is a proven fact. It is used to add volume to thin hair, and peeling based on it can be used regardless of the type of curls.
Table salt is also recommended for increased activity of the sebaceous glands – under its influence decreases the production of sebum and dandruff disappears. The benefit of this product for oily hair is confirmed by numerous reviews. A worthy replacement of salt as a peeling, scrub, or mask component is sea salt sold in pharmacies.
Indications for use
Salt hair treatment will be most effective for the following problems identified:
- excessive fat and rapid pollution – in this case it is best to rub salt into the skin, using it as a scrub;
- excessive hair loss – with this problem with salt, massage or masks are made, which, in addition to the main ingredient, may contain honey, brandy, oil, baking soda;
- weakened and poorly growing hair – from this problem relieve rubbing salt into the scalp;
- dandruff – salt peeling will help to cope with it: it is enough to rub a handful of salt into the scalp before each wash and the effect will not keep you waiting.
- Early gray hair – salt enhances the blood circulation of the scalp, respectively, improves nutrition and slows the aging process.
Pure salt can be used as a universal scrub. With regular peeling, the pores of the skin open and all the impurities come out. Rubbing salt into the skin allows the tissues to "breathe" and get oxygen in the right amount. It is necessary to rub in within several minutes, then the salt weight is distributed on all length of locks. Peeling is carried out on wet hair, then you need to cover your head with a towel and walk for about 15 minutes. After that, the head can be washed under running water.
Along with salt, ordinary soda can be included in the scrub. Both components are mixed together in equal quantities, slightly moisturized and applied to the scalp and strands. This combination is especially useful for oily hair – table salt dries the skin, and soda softens the epidermis and facilitates the release of accumulated sebum to the outside. This mask can be used from falling out, and with its help you can do a healing massage. Soda and salt included in the scrub, allow you to achieve the perfect appearance of hair, as they make the hair smooth and shiny.
Salt can be used in home cosmetology as a scrub, peeling, mask or a means for massage.
- Mild peeling There is a recipe for a salt-based mild scrub. To prepare such a mask, you need to mix the salt with an equal amount of kefir or natural yogurt. The prepared composition is rubbed into the roots and spread on dry hair, carrying out a kind of massage. Then the scalp should be covered with a warming mask. Withstand this composition for about thirty minutes and wash off with shampoo.
- Scalp massage Massage salt for hair growth can be used as a massage tool. For its preparation, you need to dissolve a spoonful of salt in a heated cosmetic oil – burdock, castor, olive. A warm solution is rubbed into the hair roots and scalp every other day. The massage should last at least 10 minutes. This procedure helps to strengthen the curls and reduce their loss, as well as eliminates dandruff. This recipe also helps to add volume to thin strands. But with dry hair, this scrub from hair loss is used less often – once a week.
- Mask for hair growth If you want to achieve an unprecedented thickness of hair, stop the process of hair loss and eliminate shine, then you should try the following recipe. It will take half a glass of bee honey, brandy and salt. Honey must first be melted, and the brandy is heated up – then the salt will dissolve faster. All ingredients are well mixed together. In order for their combination to show all their properties, it is necessary to place the mixture in a dark place for two weeks. After this period, the mask is ready for use. Mature mixture is applied to the scalp and rubbed into the roots for about 30 minutes, then you need to wash your hair. After using this mask, the hair looks shiny, healthy and thick.
- Scrub with oils Nourishing mask-scrub for the scalp is prepared from an equal combination of burdock, castor, olive oil and salt. The mixture is applied to the hair roots, rubbed into the scalp, incubated for about 30 minutes and washed off with water.
Salt for hair can be used as a styling agent. To do this, dissolve three tablespoons of salt in half a glass of water and use a comb to distribute the hair, giving it the right direction. After that, the hair will lie, as you need.