Dates are the dried fruits of a palm tree, many legends and tales have been formed about them. We can talk endlessly about their useful properties. Even in ancient times, Eastern healers advised to use dates in their diets. They contain a huge amount of various microelements and vitamins, carbohydrates, amino acids. These exotic fruits are enriched with fiber and proteins. The uniqueness of this palm fruit is that it contains fluoride, which strengthens the tooth enamel, as well as selenium, which is necessary for the prevention of cancer. Dates are low in calories, so this is an excellent dried fruit, which can be replaced with a sweet during a diet. Dates in small amounts are recommended to be used by anyone who has no contraindications to them. In particular, they will be useful for women’s health and beauty. These dried fruits can be consumed regularly, even during periods of pregnancy and lactation. Before answering the question of why dates are useful for women, it is worth briefly outlining their properties as a whole. This type of dried fruit contains B vitamins, vitamins A and E. It also contains the most important minerals, such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron, selenium. In addition, dates are sources of a unique combination of 23 species of amino acids. There are in their composition and dietary fiber, which provide rapid saturation and preservation of a feeling of satiety for a long time.
Use dates for the body
- Dried fruits help strengthen the cardiovascular system, increase the body’s immune system, and also normalize the acid-base balance.
- The usefulness of dates for the body is that the use of dates helps to recover faster after serious illnesses, improves health during anemia, and clears the lungs from sputum.
- The advantage of dates is that they are able to deal with malicious amoebas.
- These fruits contain substances that are able to destroy pathogenic and toxic bacteria, hindering their development and vital activity.
- These dried fruits contain a large amount of vitamin A, which has a beneficial effect on vision at night.
- Dates can improve appetite. When consumed on an empty stomach, parasites are destroyed.
- It is recommended to eat dates for health in case of exhaustion, overwork, mental fatigue, anemia, lesions and inflammation of the respiratory tract, including disorders of the nervous system.
- Also, the use of dates for women is that they give energy and strength in case of catarrhal diseases, disorder and disturbance of the intestinal microflora.
- They have unique beneficial properties – dates can have a beneficial effect on the mood and emotional state of women in general.
- Various decoctions, infusions and powders prepared from dates help in the treatment of migraine, anemia, cancer and constipation.
- In dates there are bones, which also have a large number of useful substances and properties.
Use dates during pregnancy
These valuable dried fruits for pregnant women are not only not contraindicated, but even useful. But they must be used wisely. First of all, remember that everything is good in moderation, especially during pregnancy. Listen to your body, and it will tell you what and in what quantities it needs. In general, how much do you need to eat dates? The rate per day is not more than 10 dates. Their reasonable consumption will help reduce the intensity of toxemia, while excessive doses will only lead to digestive disorders. Dates have a rich vitamin and mineral composition. During pregnancy, it turns out to be most welcome. Thanks to him, the growing baby receives in abundance all the substances necessary for the normal development. At the same time, the expectant mother does not suffer, since the dates quickly compensate for the lack of vitamins and minerals. This prevents such unpleasant phenomena as brittle nails, weakening of teeth, hair loss, etc. Dates beneficially affect the vascular system and blood, help to remove excess fluid from the body. As a result, the expectant mother is insured against varicose veins and edema. Importantly, the substances contained in the dried fruit strengthen the muscles of the uterus. This contributes to the safe bearing of the child and facilitates the flow of labor. Among other things, dates have a mild laxative effect, which will be relevant both during pregnancy and immediately after birth.
The benefits of dates for nursing mothers
It will not be superfluous to use dates during breastfeeding. They will help improve the production of breast milk, make it more nutritious for the baby. As for the mother herself, she will receive everything necessary for maintaining health and strengthening the immunity of the substance. In addition, dried fruits will help to raise the mood and maintain vitality, which is important in the postpartum period.
There is an opinion that with the help of dates you can lose weight. However, this is not quite true. They are really possible and even useful to use during the diet. But it is important to remember the calorie level. If you want to get rid of extra pounds, then choose the appropriate diet. And during periods when you need a quick saturation, eat a small amount of dates with milk. As a rule, it is enough just 3 pieces to satisfy hunger. The advantage is that these dried fruits provide saturation for a long time.
Harm from drinking dates
What dates are useful for women, have already figured out, now we need to know about the possible harm of this product:
- They can not be used by persons suffering from diabetes, especially after 45 years and after 50 years (due to the content of sucrose in them), as well as those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract (all due to the fact that the product contains coarse dietary fiber, which will be very difficult to digest in a sick stomach).
- Harmful effects can be noticeable for those who suffer from migraines or kidney stones.
- From this product remains plaque on the teeth, which can lead to the formation of caries. Therefore, after eating dates, it is necessary to brush your teeth.
Of course, the benefits and harms of this sweet product are incomparable, but you still need to remember these negative points. Dates will not have a beneficial effect if chosen incorrectly. Therefore, when buying this sweet product, you need to pay attention to its appearance. The fact is that very often dates are treated with sulfur dioxide in order to keep them longer and look attractive. And these substances irritate the digestive organs and can even lead to the development of ulcers. Therefore, you need to purchase the fruits in the checked places, where there are certificates of quality. Also, when buying dates, you should pay attention to their color. Mature fruits are always dark saturated colors with a small number of cracks on the shell. However, a large number of breaks may indicate that the product is old, and by eating it, you can not get real pleasure. Dried date should be chosen with a stone, because then the fruits retain the maximum amount of useful substances.