Needlework patchwork (stitching tissue shreds) goes back into the distant past, when the economical hostess was looking for the use of each piece of fabric. Gradually, certain techniques of patchwork appeared, and the process itself turned into decorative and applied art. Patchwork products, original and beautiful, are used to decorate the interior of housing, diversify the wardrobe, serve as an aid for kitchen work.
And today’s families know the basics of needlework helps to give worn things a second life.
The main provisions of this type of sewing
The basic rule in patchwork for beginners is the skill of the skilled worker to choose different fabrics according to the texture, color scheme, pattern, so that a beautiful thing will turn out, the appearance of which corresponds to the sketch. At the same time, there are no specific rules common for the manufacture of products, conditions for the selection of fabrics, and the design of the finished product.
quilting photo materials
Practically any materials are suitable for patchwork:
- chintz has a wide choice of colors, patterns;
- denim looks original with a checkered tartan, chintz. Patchwork jeans can be decorated with colorful braid, decorate with buttons, fringe;
- soft drape – an ideal base for rugs, tapestries. Across the field is appropriate embroidery, trim edging, ribbons, lace;
- thin airy fabrics (silk, chiffon, moire, wool, crepe de chine) for the convenience of working from the inside out are glued to non-woven fabric.
To sew, you must prepare the following tools:
- measuring devices (ruler and elastic tape);
- large tailor and nail scissors;
- chalk or a plate of soap for cutting material;
- it is convenient to cut large parts of the pattern with a special roller knife on a thick rug;
- needles for handwork it is desirable to prepare thin and long;
- sewing machine with quilting foot;
- pins for securing parts of the product;
- multi-colored threads of various thickness and strength.
New shreds before work must be washed to matter settled. At the same time, the quality of the paint is checked to avoid molting when washing the finished product. All parts are recommended to iron well. Slices of worn items should starch a little and ironed carefully. Also all seams are ironed in the course of work.
For finishing it is advisable to immediately prepare ribbons, braid, buttons in the assortment. Be sure to purchase lining and lining fabric.
What is this technique
Instead of patterns, patterns are used for patchwork, since most of the patterns consist of repetitive blanks (squares, polygons, triangles, segments). It is recommended to make fixtures directly from durable material (hard cardboard, plastic). Externally, the pattern looks like a frame, in which the inner figure serves as the sought-after part, and the outer part is the seam allowance (approximately