To create a scientific work is one thing. But to speak at the conference, to provide strong facts, to be interesting, not to let the listeners get bored, and to appear before hundreds of strangers is not an easy task.
In preparation for the conference there is something similar to the preparation for the protection of the diploma. But there are some nuances.
Want more useful information and fresh news every day? Join us in telegrams.
Why is it important to know how to write abstracts for the conference?
Participation in a scientific conference is the ultimate dream of any scientist. It is there that all authoritative personalities gather who will notice or not notice your bright thoughts.
The knowledge of how to correctly write and arrange abstracts for a conference is useful to many people even earlier. At school, particularly successful students have the opportunity to participate in such an event. Another example is the student years when young scientists begin to take their first steps in science.
Successful presentation at the conference will be a confident application for participation in the scientific community. If you notice (in a good way), in the future you can reach great heights.
And one more thing, why it is so important to follow the rules of writing abstracts for the conference: poor preparation will present the main scientific work in an unfavorable light, and sometimes the personality of the author himself.
Conversely, a good structure, a competent plan and compliance with all the requirements of the abstracts for the conference will provide several advantages at once:
- Unleash the potential of scientific work.
- Pay attention to yourself and your work.
- Attract funding.
- Declare yourself as a new scientific author.
Please note that theses noted by the commission have all chances to be published free of charge in collections of scientific articles, collections of conferences and
What are abstracts for the conference
Writing abstracts to the conference is a process of gathering into a coherent whole interconnected and logically built key provisions of the entire scientific work (course, degree, scientific article), where the main evidence and justification should be given.
Theses – briefly formulated the main provisions, the main thoughts of scientific work, report, article, term paper or thesis.
There are several main objectives for writing theses:
- Providing a brief convincing summary,
- disclosure of the essence of work
- familiarity with the basic ideas and results of labor.
If you take a closer look at the requirements for the design of abstracts for the conference, you can catch a clear resemblance to the writing of the report for the thesis. Here you also need to observe a small amount – only 2-3 A4 sheets, which display the main ideas of the full scientific work.
Samples of abstracts for the scientific conference:
Types of theses
Before you make abstracts for the conference, it is worthwhile to study them thoroughly on the following grounds:
- By authorship of the main scientific work. In compiling them, publications by other authors can be used, as well as their own scientific work. In the first case, someone else’s work is thoroughly studied, its essence and main ideas stand out. On the basis of the prepared data, the author formulates certain provisions, which should be displayed in the report. In the second case, the author is supposed to have acquired a clear understanding of the studied question in the course of the research. And here the main task is to concisely and succinctly present the problem under consideration to the public.
- At the place of presentation. Before you make abstracts for the conference, you need to understand where they will be presented (seminars, magazines, international conferences, and so on).
- According to the form of presentation. This may be a presentation with a speech, publication, correspondence hearing and so on. This item is directly dependent on the previous one. An example of writing abstracts for an extramural scientific conference will be short, informative, and capacious so that they can be published in a scientific collection of conference articles. In the presentation, some kind of lyrical digression is admissible, and in some cases a relevant joke will be by the way.
- In order of writing. Such abstracts of the report to the conference can be written before the main scientific work is created, or when the work is ready (by its example). If the work is done on the basis of the finished material, it is a clear allocation of important points and giving the whole work integrity. A sample of abstracts for a conference before the creation of the main work is the most common type. Its complexity lies in the fact that the material has not been fully studied by the author, but because he still does not have a clear idea of what to write about. Here you need to work out a clear plan with the smallest details, on the basis of which the text will be written.
- According to the main content. It may contain a problem statement, describe a new method of work, the results of interesting research, and so on.
- By complexity (complex, medium, simple). At the same time, simple theses deal with the disclosure of the main problem, the averages (the main ones consisting of many simple ones) consist of fundamentally important ideas and provisions of the main scientific work, and the complex ones consist of both simple and main theses that will most fully reveal the essence of scientific work .
- By style of presentation (nominative or verbal system). Theses of the verbal structure look like a brief scientific description and consist mainly of verbal predicates. Theses of the nominative structure are characterized by the absence of verbal predicates, distinguished by concise fixation of scientific data.
So we reviewed the main points of how abstracts for the conference are made out. And now let’s get to the main point: how to write them?
How to write abstracts for the conference: rules and sample
The structure of this type of work will depend entirely on what type of thesis you decide to work on.
If a text is written that will describe the problem posed, it should include the following information blocks:
- short introduction, disclosure of the relevance of the topic;
- description of the purpose of the work and setting goals;
- small lit. review, analysis of current points of view and methods;
- statement of their own thoughts on the issue;
- possible ways of development of the problem;
- summing up, evaluation of the results achieved.
If the text is written according to the research results, it is better to use a slightly different structure:
- short introduction, disclosure of the relevance of the topic;
- description of the purpose of the work;
- general provisions, basic hypotheses;
- used methods and methodologies;
- bringing calculations and data;
- removal of intermediate results, analysis;
- familiarity with the main results;
- final analysis, summing up.
And here is a sample of how the abstracts are written for a conference following the example of working with new methods:
- a brief introduction, a description of methods, applications;
- a description of the purpose of the work and the setting of tasks when developing a new methodology;
- familiarity with the existing techniques, analysis of the literature;
- familiarity with the new methodology;
- a description of the scope of application;
- a real assessment of the merits and limitations;
- conclusions and the degree of implementation of the tasks, description of the error of the technique.
Requirements for theses on the conference: how to make out
Before starting work, be sure to contact your research supervisor. It should show how the abstracts for the conference look, show examples and samples, how to do them, and also how to issue them.
In addition to the supervisor, the organizing committee that holds the conference can provide rules for registration.
It is extremely important to pay special attention to the design. Errors and inaccuracies can cause a denial of intervention. Why is everything so strict? Just any deviations can cause a breakdown in terms of the layout of works and their further placement in libraries and publications.
And here are the basic rules of registration:
- main font – Times New Roman,
- size 12-14 size,
- single or one and a half line spacing,
- the list of references is exactly according to GOST
The title of the work should contain the author’s data: his last name, first name, patronymic, place of study / work, country and city. Sometimes it is required to perform abstracts of the abstracts to the conference, but this happens very rarely. Therefore, we will not stop at this point.
The main thing is to define a clear algorithm for creating conference abstracts. Here’s a checklist to help you, with which you can make a real “bomb” and “blow up” the scientific world with your performance:
- Determine the type of theses and select their structure.
- Correctly set goals and determine the results that we wanted to achieve.
- Formulate the working title of the work, taking into account the main scientific work and the theme of the conference.
- Think over the structure of the theses taking into account the recommendations and types.
- Analyze the data, if necessary – to supplement and clarify them. To follow the logical construction of evidence, to note ways to achieve the goal.
- Find out the requirements for abstracts to the conference in the competent authorities.
- Prepare a text based on the provided plan.
- Perform text verification. If new thoughts and ideas appear, include them in the finished document.
- Check the text, keywords of the report. To determine compliance with the requirements for registration. If necessary, reduce the number of pages to the recommended volume.
- Finally, view the text of the article, make a presentation before any reputable person (leader, acquaintance, teacher).
- Send ready abstracts, fill out an application for participation in the conference to the organizing committee.
Do not worry. If you have already reached the point that you want to participate in the conference, then more than half of these requirements are already firmly in your head. Well, if time flies mercilessly, and you cannot carve out even a minute to prepare, it is not at all necessary to refuse to participate. After all, you can simply apply for abstracts from the student service specialists and calmly enjoy the world of facts, research reports and in-depth knowledge.