Hemorrhoids are called vascular disease of the rectum veins, which is accompanied by inflammation, stretching, swelling and prolapse. Due to this pathological process, the development of so-called hemorrhoids (cones) develops, which bulge outward, delivering tremendous discomfort to the patient.
Varicose veins of the anus are among the most common diseases of the 21st century, affecting people from the most developed countries. According to statistics, the most reported cases of the disease occur in the United States, Canada, and the European Union. While in the territory of Africa and Malaysia hemorrhoids practically does not occur. Such an uneven distribution of morbidity is due to the way of life of these two categories of people. People who lead an active lifestyle, follow the correct diet, do not abuse alcohol and junk food (fast foods, food on the go, dry rations), do not suffer from obesity, practically do not undergo the development of this pathology. In economically developed and successful countries, the lifestyle of a person is significantly different from this, and this is what affects the onset of hemorrhoids. There are other reasons for the development of this disease. The risk group includes women during pregnancy, hereditary predispositions, those who enjoy spicy, salty and spicy dishes, suffering from frequent constipation or diarrhea.
Why can develop hemorrhoids in women
Features of the acute process
Some doctors claim that once a hemorrhoid manifests itself, it automatically becomes chronic with periodic exacerbations and periods of remission. Others are confident that the disease can be defeated, it is enough to diagnose it in time and find the right treatment. Despite this, everyone agrees on the consensus that it is much easier to treat the identified pathology in time than a neglected form, often accompanied by complications.
One way or another, a person notices the disease only in the acute period, when the symptoms are most pronounced. In this case, the features of the disease can manifest themselves in different ways, depending on the degree of the disease, its course, and the presence or absence of complications. With exacerbation of hemorrhoids, the following symptoms are observed:
- severe acute pain in the rectum, aggravated by bowel movements;
- drop out of painful blue-colored hemorrhoids;
- sore inflamed venous cones can be so severe that a person cannot walk or sit on a hard surface;
As a rule, during exacerbation of hemorrhoids, a person experiences severe pain.
Exacerbation of hemorrhoids is dangerous development of complications. In the absence of timely treatment, paraproctitis (purulent inflammation of the adrectal tissue), sepsis, and necrosis of the anus tissue may develop. In this case, the person is in great danger, the pathological process can be fatal. An urgent surgical intervention is required.
Causes of acute hemorrhoids
So why does hemorrhoids escalate? What causes the sudden deterioration of the patient’s condition? The main reasons for the development of an acute process are not previously treated hemorrhoids, as well as non-compliance with the recommendations of the doctor to prevent the recurrence of inflammation. The most common exacerbation of hemorrhoids occurs for the following reasons:
- thrombosis of inflamed hemorrhoids;
- cessation of blood circulation in the prolapsed venous lump, the reason for which may be its infringement by muscle fibers;
- errors in nutrition, addiction to spicy, spicy, salty dishes;
- drinking alcoholic beverages;
- constipation or diarrhea;
Causes of hemorrhoids in men and women
In addition, exacerbation of hemorrhoids may develop due to strong straining, weight lifting, prolonged static loads, during pregnancy. In order to quickly and effectively relieve inflammation and eliminate all symptoms of the disease, it is important to diagnose rectal disease in time. At the reception, the doctor will conduct an external examination, after which he will use the finger method to determine possible internal nodes. If necessary, he will send you to undergo additional instrumental examination: rectal ultrasound or rectoromanoscopy. After confirmation of the diagnosis, appropriate treatment will be assigned, based on the features of the course of the disease in a particular patient.
Methods of treatment of varicose veins of the anus
In this section of the article you will learn what to do during the next exacerbation of the disease, how to help get rid of all its manifestations. There are three ways to treat this vascular pathology of the anus:
- During exacerbation of hemorrhoids, a mandatory conservative treatment is carried out, the action of which is aimed at eliminating the existing symptoms of the disease, namely: relieving the inflammatory process, reducing the pain of the nodes, as well as improving blood circulation in the rectal area. With conservative treatment, various ointments, gels, rectal suppositories for local use, which have anti-inflammatory, hemostatic, wound healing and anesthetic effects, are taken. The dosage and duration of the course is determined by the doctor in a strictly individual manner. In most cases, the symptoms of the disease can be removed after 10-14 days of active therapeutic procedures.
Methods and means of treating hemorrhoids
To prevent the recurrence of the disease, the main emphasis should be placed on adhering to the correct lifestyle. Move more, do not abuse harmful foods, alcohol, exercise, adjust static loads. Always remember that your health is in your hands, therefore you are responsible for it. If you follow all the recommendations of the doctor, the disease will never return, and you will again feel the former comfort of life.