Creatine is a type of amino acid that enters the human body along with food. This stuff is rich in meat and fish (pork, beef, tuna, salmon). Creatine is formed in the kidneys, liver and pancreas from methionine, glycine and arginine. The more substance in the muscles, the faster they contract, the more energy and endurance the person has. After taking creatine in athletes, there is a 25% increase in strength. Let’s take a closer look, creatine – what it is and how it should be taken.
How Creatine Works
On average, the human body consumes 2 g of creatine daily. With sports loads the body’s need for this substance increases. For athletes, runners and bodybuilders, getting enough creatine from food is extremely difficult. After all, the decisive factor in achieving sports results is the ability of the body to release a lot of energy. For these purposes, people involved in sports, use all sorts of creatine supplements or drinks with a high content of the substance. Creatine supplements come in several varieties:
- Creatine hydrochlorite.
- Creatine Malate
- Creatine ether.
From a chemical point of view, creatine is a carboxylic acid that performs the functions of energy exchange in the nervous and muscular tissues. Creatine for muscles is used by powerlifters, high-speed sportsmen, weightlifters and bodybuilders. Entering the body, creatine interacts with fluorine, supplying tissue with energy.
In addition to increasing endurance, taking creatine allows the athlete’s body to recover between difficult workouts quickly. When creatine phosphate levels rise, in a short period of time, athletes achieve a significant set of lean muscle mass. This circumstance allows obese people to use creatine for weight loss. But in the period when the supplement is taken, physical activity is necessary, otherwise there will be no effect.
How to use
Creatine supplements are useful for older people, obese and vegetarians. When selecting a drug for course use, consider the purpose of the application. If you want to increase muscle mass, choose pure forms of creatine without impurities. Beginner athletes and girls for weight loss fit traditional creatine monohydrate, which is easy to buy at any sports nutrition store. In order to supplement creatine intake with results after training, professional athletes, when buying a drug, recommend:
- Pay attention to the country of origin. The best sources of creatine are drugs released in the United States and Germany.
- Avoid newcomers capsules and solutions – in them, creatine is unstable.
- Creatine absorption is equally effective no matter in which form of release you purchased it: bars, powders or tablets.
Information on how to take creatine correctly written on the package. If you buy German or American supplements, but cannot read on the packaging how to drink creatine, then know that the best time to use it is a post-workout period that lasts 1.5 to 2 hours.
Professionals recommend two methods of taking supplements. The common loading phase is 5 servings of creatine, 5 grams daily between meals. The duration of the phase is 6 days, then it is necessary to switch to daily 5 grams, which should be consumed one month.
The second method of keratin use involves the use of 3 grams of creatine daily during the course of treatment (30 days). This supporting phase is suitable for professional athletes who have already achieved positive results.
Other products in combination with creatine
For those who need to gain weight in a short period of time, manufacturers offer creatine product with a high content of grape sugar. It provokes the rapid absorption of creatine, thus giving the body an insulin shake. Assimilation of creatine is promoted by protein shakes, gainers, amino acids. It is recommended to take creatine supplements with sweets, fruit juices, milkshakes.
What is creatine for?
The use of creatine in sports began recently. These modern supplements for the body are relatively safe and have no particular contraindications. All types of creatine provide the growth of cellular energy reservoirs and accelerate the muscle regeneration process.
During training, the effect of creatine on the body is a rapid muscle contraction, and if you drink it according to the manufacturer’s recommendation, it is easy to achieve an increase in muscle mass by 5 kilograms per month and an increase in the reserves of phosphocreatine by 15%. When using testosterone and other food substitutes, increase the dosage of creatine supplement according to the instructions. The benefits of creatine for the body are the following:
- neutralizes lactic acid;
- increases stamina and strength;
- inhibits muscle breakdown (catabolism);
- helps to recover quickly after training;
- forms a clear drawing of relief muscles, increases the volume of muscles;
- protects blood vessels and the heart by lowering cholesterol;
- stabilizes the blood;
- accelerates resynthesis of ATP (adenosine triphosphate).
- promotes intensive muscle growth;
- improves anabolic processes;
- has the prevention of the formation of cancerous tumors;
- It has a healing effect in heart diseases.
Contraindications and possible harm to creatine
The harm from the use of creatine can be obtained with individual intolerance. It is not recommended to use the supplement for people prone to allergies and asthmatics – they better go for a consultation with a doctor. With numerous studies and during the experiments, the side effects of creatine were not identified, because it is a natural product extracted from the muscle tissue of animals. Doctors do not recommend combining creatine supplements with alcohol, so as not to impair health. Athletes, including creatine in their diet, warn that if you exceed the dose, the following body reactions can be observed:
- The lack of water (dehydration) due to the outflow of fluid to the muscle tissues.
- Stomach disorders.
- Edema due to delayed fluid intake.
- Convulsions when water is lost from the body.
If you could not find and buy Creatine at the pharmacy, then for high-quality recovery after strength exercises, pay attention to other harmless drugs that do not belong to doping. To improve the quality of training, athletes are widely used a number of drugs that are sold without a prescription. But before you buy and drink the drug, you should consult with your doctor.
- Aspark. The drug contains magnesium and potassium, which normalize metabolic processes, increasing the rate of increase in muscle tissue.
- Riboxin. It is a stimulator of biochemical processes in the body. The drug has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, increasing coronary blood flow. To improve the effectiveness of recovery after training, athletes take Riboxin together with Orotate potassium.
- Potassium Orotate. The drug belongs to the metabolites. In fact – it is a mineral salt, which is found in the tissues of all living organisms. The drug helps to strengthen the heart muscle, has an anabolic effect and does not cause side effects.
- Mildronat. The drug belongs to the cardioprotectors, which increase endurance athlete. Mildronate regulates cellular immunity, normalizes metabolic processes.
- Diabeton B. The drug is the strongest anabolic and is used in the treatment of diabetes. Bodybuilders Diabetic B is used in the offseason to maintain anabolism at a high level.
Vladimir, 22 years old: I started to use creatine, protein (protein), carbohydrates and glutamine according to the scheme: for the first 10 days I threw the maximum amount of additives in the intervals between meals, and when creatine started working for the next 10 days I used 3 g a day without the use of other additives. This formula for taking drugs is the most suitable for powerlifting, so it suits me perfectly.
Oleg, 19 years old: The trainer convinced me to buy creatine monohydrate in the online store – the price is lower there. Additive effective and cheap, I did not find the minuses. The powder does not completely dissolve in water, which indicates the high quality of the product. Strength in training has increased markedly.
Victoria, 27 years old: I take creatine supplements during competitions – I do ski racing. I drink in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening after eating 5 g. For one course (4 weeks), an increase in speed of 15% and the appearance of explosive force are observed. To improve the taste, I wash down the creatine produced by the United States not with water, but with grape juice.