Gout is a rheumatic pathology affecting the joints of the fingers, hands, elbows and knees. But most often the joints of the toes of the feet are affected by gout. The treatment of gout at home has been practiced since ancient times, because for the first time this disease was described by Hippocrates. Drugs for gout are prescribed after blood and urine tests and identify the exact cause of the disease. How gout looks in the photo, you can see on this page.
American writer Ambrose Beers, clearly far from medicine, joked a century ago: “Gout is a medical term for rheumatism in rich patients.” However, maybe a century ago it was thought so. Although in reality gout is, of course, not rheumatism at all.
Gout is a kind of “privilege” of a strong half of humanity – it is sick 85-90% of men of dense, or hypersteal, physique at the age of 30 to 50-55 years.
As seen in the photo, gout most often affects the toes (pain appears on the thumb, the place turns red and swells), and then the joints start to ache and change, not only on the legs, but also on the hands.
Look at the photo: the symptoms of gout are first expressed by slight redness, and then turn into pronounced bumps and tumors.
Exacerbations of this disease can be caused by colds, frequent alcoholism, or excessive use of protein (primarily meat) food. The cause of pain and changes in the joints is the deposition of uric salts in them and the development of this inflammatory process.
Medications for the treatment of gout
In cases of pronounced manifestations of gout, treatment with drugs is aimed at improving the excretion of uric acid and its salts from the body (tsinhofen, etc.). The most effective drugs to relieve pain and inflammation in the affected gout joints are: diclofenac (voltaren, ortofen, feloran), brufen (ibuprofen), indomethacin (metindole). But taking chemotherapy is necessary and can be started only after consulting with experts and passing blood and urine tests.
Central to treating or even suspending the inflammatory process in the joints is a special diet with the exception of the diet of kidneys, liver, brains, fried meat and fried fish, meat broths, sorrel, spinach, peas, radish, beans, beans, lentils, spices, vinegar, restriction of salt and alcoholic beverages (best of all, the complete exclusion of them). You should also limit yourself to the use of sugar, animal fats, bread and meat. Beef is recommended to eat only well-cooked and slightly salted. Veal, like any other young meat, as well as all parts of the animal that give glue (legs, head, etc.), should not be eaten at all. In general, the diet should focus on dairy (especially sour-milk) products, as well as fruits, roots and non-rough vegetables. It is advisable as often as possible “washed” with watermelons. Shows copious drinking.
And, of course, you should try not to catch a cold, and therefore, do not be lazy to do everything to temper the body.
Folk recipes for treating gout at home
Folk treatment of gout is based on the admission of medicinal plants and salt-free diet:
1. In acute attacks of gout, long-term use of medicinal plants has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and diuretic effects. Here is one of the best fees: 5 g of peony flowers, blue cornflower, calendula, buckthorn bark, juniper fruits, 10 g of black elderberry, nettle leaves, and 20 g of willow bark, birch leaves and horsetail grass are taken each. From 3 tablespoons of this mixture and 0.5 liters of boiling water a decoction is prepared, which is taken in 1 glass every 2 hours (hot).
2. When treating gout with folk remedies to relieve pain in the joints, you can pour 3 g of dried leaves of borage herbs, insist in a closed container for 5 hours, strain and, adding sugar to taste, take 1 tablespoon 5-6 times a day.
3. You can attach cabbage leaves to sore joints.
4. When aching the joints, the following infusion helps: pour 2 teaspoons of the rhizomes of the wheatgrass creeping 1 glass of water, boil for 10 minutes, then insist 1 hour and take 1-2 tablespoons 3-4 times a day.
5. Effective popular recipe for gout: insist 4 teaspoons of dry rhizomes of wheatgrass in 1 cup of cold boiled water for 12 hours. Then pour the liquid into another dish, and pour the rhizomes again, but already with 1 cup of boiling water, leave for 1 hour and mix both infusions. Take the infusion should be a third cup 2-4 times a day.
6. Normalizes the metabolic processes and contributes to the removal of uric acid and its salts the following collection of herbs: take 20 g of chamomile flowers, lime-colored flowers, St. John’s wort grass, and black elderberry flowers. Preparing the infusion in a 1 liter thermos and taken 2 cups a day.
7. Another popular recipe for treating gout is the infusion of lingonberry leaves on water (20 g: 200 g). It is taken 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day.
8. You can take and infusion violets fragrant. To prepare it, take 1 tablespoon of dry grass, pour it with 1 cup of boiling water and infuse for 2 hours. A decoction is taken in 1 tablespoon 3 times a day. Broth can be prepared from three-colored violets.
9. In addition, you can pour 1 cup of boiling water with 1 tablespoon of dill seeds, then boil and cool a little, drink the entire glass in one go. The course of treatment is 10 days.
10. And you can drink fat from strawberries.
11. To sore joints can be applied boiled crushed turnips.
Still, the most important thing is the prevention of gout: there is no need to “rub salt on the wounds,” and even more so in the joints, just take care of their youth!