Snoring is an unpleasant phenomenon, often affecting the male part of the population. He is able to bring discord in family life, because a woman has to either go to sleep in another room or endure loud sounds and not get enough sleep. Many people do not attribute snoring to the disease and therefore do not take steps to eliminate it. But it is worth knowing how to get rid of snoring in a dream to a man, in order not to face serious consequences.
Causes of Snoring
Naturally, close people have an obvious attitude towards snoring – negative and irritation. No one will like to spend every night under the peals of sound vibrations. But at the same time, men most often perceive snoring as a natural phenomenon and continue to snore in their sleep and pester the household. He does not even notice the effects of night “singing.” Meanwhile, snoring negatively affects the health of the whole body and the nervous system in particular. So, a snoring man quickly gets tired of physical exertion, his concentration of attention and immune protection decrease. The wife and children notice that the father of the family is in a dramatic mood, his reactions are aggressive.
Before you understand how to get rid of snoring man, you should understand the reasons for his appearance. In a normal state, after falling asleep, the muscles of the tongue and the soft palate should be strained for a stable passage of air to the respiratory tract. The source of snoring in men is their excessive relaxation, while inhaling creates the conditions for the appearance of vibration.
“Snoring is a disease, its medical name is Ronchopathy. In a dream, air inhalation irritates the soft tissues of the respiratory tract. From here begins the vibration and characteristic whistle “
About 40% of men face snoring problems in their sleep. First of all, he points to serious problems in the respiratory system. But the process of snoring can make a failure in many organs and body systems. There were cases when snoring became a trigger for the development of heart attack and stroke. Its main causes are:
- traumatic deformity of the nasal septum;
- various pathologies of the respiratory tract;
- long palatal tongue;
- autoimmune diseases;
- hormonal disbalance;
- age changes;
- arterial hypertension;
- abnormal structure of the skull;
- chronic rhinitis;
- allergic reactions;
- sleeping in the wrong posture;
- excessive tiredness;
- genetic predisposition.
In addition, snoring is characteristic of men with greater weight, due to the increase in body fat in the larynx. Alcohol, smoking and drugs can lead to night sounds from the larynx. Alcohol-containing fluids, as well as narcotic, provoke muscle relaxation throughout the body. Nicotine aggravates the snoring situation in a man by irritating the mucous membranes, and with each tightening the inflammatory process accelerates.
The deterioration of the relationship of a married couple is not the saddest result of snoring in a man. More dangerous consequences include:
- The development of sleep apnea. With this disease, frequent stops of breathing occur overnight. The blood is deprived of the opportunity to get enough oxygen, it increases the content of carbon dioxide.
- Heart and vascular problems start due to a lack of oxygen in the blood. The body, trying to cope with violations, produces a large amount of stress hormones, the human heart begins to decline more often and faster.
- Chronic fatigue develops from inadequate rest. A person does not have time to fully relax during the night, and does not feel cheerful in the morning.
- Depression – a consequence of daily fatigue. The psyche can not cope with strong emotional and physical stress. A man becomes irritable, becomes discouraged, he is pursued by negative thoughts and emotions.
- Decreased erectile function. Violation of the phases of sleep leads to a decrease in the level of male hormones. Testosterone is not enough for a stable erection and the ability to successfully complete sexual intercourse.
In snoring men, even the common cold can cause serious diseases of the bronchi and lungs.
Snoring in a man: how to get rid
Snoring in mild form does not require specific treatment. A man is recommended only to follow the rules:
- get rid of excess weight;
- sleep exclusively on the side, sleeping on the back is forbidden;
- stop smoking and drinking alcohol;
- do not eat before bedtime, especially fried and fatty foods;
- use orthopedic pillow;
- ask your spouse to wake up with a strong snore;
- conduct regular cardiological examination.
In order not to snore during diseases of the upper respiratory tract, it is recommended to clean the nasal passages with sea water before going to bed, and then to bury the vasoconstrictive drops.
If after the implementation of all the recommendations, the problem remains how to treat snoring, the doctor will tell. He will be able to determine the causes of sound vibrations during sleep and choose an effective method depending on the individual characteristics of the patient. To save a man from snoring can:
- Electronic devices. The devices strengthen the muscles of the larynx through electrical impulses.
- Implantation of polyester filaments in the sky. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and takes no more than 30 minutes. 3 implants are inserted into the laryngeal tissue, allowing to strengthen the soft palate and reduce its vibration.
- Capes, orthoses and nipples. These special snoring devices are recommended for men with an overbite. When they are used, the jaw is pulled forward, thus the lumen of the oropharynx expands.
If snoring in a man is the result of vascular or lymphatic disorders, then sclerotherapy may be indicated. It is to remove tumors that interfere with the full passage of air.
Modern manufacturers offer many tools to get rid of snoring at home.
“You can try to eliminate snoring with the help of vegetable oils – olive, corn, sea buckthorn and coconut. They moisten the nasal mucosa and make breathing easier during sleep. ”
There are cases when using the previously described methods does not bring results. In this situation, the doctor will tell you how to treat snoring in a man. One of the types of minimally invasive surgery can be assigned:
- Uvulopalatoplastika. The laser beam affects the tissues of the sky, creating a burn on them. During the healing process, scars and seals are formed. This place becomes more elastic and firm, prevents the formation of sound during inhalation and exhalation of air.
- Cryosurgical intervention. Cicatrization of tissues is achieved with the help of liquid nitrogen or carbon dioxide by means of freezing them.
- Radio wave treatment. Snoring elimination occurs after tightening the edge of the sky tissue up 2 cm. For the procedure, the doctor uses electrodes and to fix the new configuration of the soft palate.
Minimally invasive operations are performed under general anesthesia and do not require hospitalization of the patient. After the procedure, a man can go about his business. The consequence of surgical intervention can be only minor discomfort in the throat, not obstructing the ingestion of food and fluids. Within a few days, the discomfort disappears with snoring.
“Surgical treatment should be carried out after a thorough examination of the body. Some interventions have a number of contraindications. The attending physician should acquaint them ”.
In some cases, surgery does not bring a positive result and the man continues to snore in his sleep. This is due to the fact that during the operation were skipped tissue. The effectiveness of the method is achieved only with local processing of all tissues of the sky.
To plastic surgery will have to resort in case of a traumatic curvature of the nasal septum. The method is called senoplasty, in which an endoscope or laser device is used. The operation involves not only the restoration of respiratory functions, but also makes aesthetic adjustments.. In the process of surgical intervention, an incision is made in the nasal cavity, removal of damaged soft tissue and correction of the septum. When using a laser, the recovery process will be faster due to the antiseptic effect of the rays. Senoplasty is possible only with a slight deformation of cartilage tissue.
The surgeon’s services may not be required if, after examining the patient, the otolaryngologist decided to use CPAP therapy – this is non-invasive ventilation of the lungs. It is carried out with the help of a special apparatus with a respiratory mask and a tube that controls a person’s breathing all night. After 1 session, the patient will feel relief, and after a few – completely get rid of snoring.
The fear of surgery causes men to use various techniques to eliminate this problem. But before you decide how to get rid of snoring at home, you should study them all and choose the most optimal and safe.
Daily simple gymnastics helps to strengthen muscles and expand the airways. But it should be borne in mind that the effect of home exercises is possible only with a slight form of snoring. The full range includes:
- On the exhale, extend the tongue as far as possible, feeling the tension at the root. Stay in this position and return to the starting point. Repeat slowly at least 30 times.
- Place a pencil or pen horizontally between your teeth and hold it in this position for 10 seconds. Repeat – 15 times.
- Press down on the chin with the palm of your hand, creating resistance. Extend the lower jaw, so that you feel the tension of the muscles of the neck. Repeat – 10-15 times.
- Perform circular movements of the lower jaw, first clockwise, then against. In each direction, do 10 repetitions with your mouth closed.
- Try as much as possible to tighten the base of the tongue up, while its tip to turn to the throat. Exercise is done no more than 5 times.
- Close your lips tightly, and alternately move the tip of the tongue to the extreme teeth of the lower jaw. The number of repetitions – 3-4 in both directions.
- Straighten your back, raise your head. With your nose, draw in as much air as possible, exhale with your mouth in 8-10 seconds. After a short break, repeat 4-5 times.
- Tight lips and pull them forward as much as possible. For the first time enough 10 repetitions. Every day should increase the number of movements, gradually reaching 30 times. After exercise, reddening of the skin around the lips is possible.
Gymnastics for getting rid of snoring is recommended in the morning and evening. In the process of doing the exercises it is very important not to rush and breathe calmly.
Adherents of folk treatment of various diseases advise the use of effective and proven means to get rid of snoring in men:
- Take 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil before bedtime. Drink it slowly in small sips.
- Make a mixture of cabbage and honey. To do this, rinse the vegetable sheets well and chop with a blender or meat grinder. In the resulting mass add 1 tbsp. l natural honey. If the beekeeping product is candied, then it must be heated in a water bath to a liquid state. Take 1 tsp. before going to bed. The course of treatment is 1 month.
- Tincture of oak bark is considered the most effective folk remedy for snoring. For its preparation should take Art. l the mixture, which includes bark of thought and calendula flowers. Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water over them, close the container with tincture with a lid and leave in a dark place for 2-3 hours. Use the medication to gargle several times a day.
- Inhalations with the essential oil of eucalyptus, mint, lemon, or tea tree are indicated for inflammatory and infectious diseases of the respiratory system. If there is no special device for inhalation, then you can use the “old-fashioned” method. Pour into a pan of water, boil and add a few drops of the selected oil. A man suffering from snoring, bend over the steam and inhale it for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake in the oven 1 medium carrots. Grind and add a few drops of vegetable oil. Consume for one week, preferably at bedtime.
- Vitamin drug collection. Dried fruits of mountain ash, strawberry and wild rose in the amount of 1 tbsp. l total volume pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Put the container in a water bath and boil it for 20-25 minutes. Cool and strain. Gargle before bedtime until snoring disappears, but not more than 1 month.
“Traditional medicine can be used only in the absence of allergic reactions to medicinal plants. In addition, home treatment is only auxiliary methods. If, when they are applied, the situation with snoring worsens, then you should seek medical help from a specialist. ”
Folk treatment of snoring in men refers to the cheapest and most affordable methods. It does not require the purchase of expensive devices and complex operations.
Snoring her husband does not give a full rest for the night or his wife, nor he himself. A man is annoyed by constant pushes when his wife tries to drown out sound peals. However, he does not feel guilty and wonders why women are looking for ways to cure snoring from a man. Meanwhile, the representative of the stronger sex must himself understand the danger of this phenomenon and strive to get rid of the problem. Moreover, it directly concerns his health and quality of life.