Gases in the intestines – a normal physiological process in the body of any person. Increased gas formation (flatulence) is not a sign of any serious pathology in the body, but requires treatment, as it causes severe discomfort and indicates the first disturbances in the digestive organs (esophagus, stomach, intestines). Many shy of these manifestations and postpone a visit to the doctor, writing off discomfort on the errors in nutrition. Nevertheless, it is necessary to find out the cause of the gases that cause significant inconvenience to the patient and the people around him.
The reasons why there are gases in the intestines?
Before you decide how to get rid of gases, you need to find out the cause of flatulence. It is necessary to fight with him. The human intestine contains solid, liquid and gaseous substances. Their ratio in each of the sections of the digestive tract is different.
Intestinal gases are produced from five main components:
Sulfur-containing substances produced by bacteria of the large intestine give an unpleasant smell. Understanding the causes of this phenomenon will help to cope with the problem and get rid of gases in the intestines.
Flatulence is observed in healthy people with overeating or eating foods, the digestion of which causes increased gas formation.
There are several reasons why excess gases can accumulate in the intestines. These include:
- Conversation while eating. Very often, people, chewing food, simultaneously talk and together with food swallowed excess air, which, as a rule, does not have time to be absorbed into the blood and accumulates in the intestine;
- Poor food, namely, quick snacks. Very often, those who quickly chew food suffer from the accumulation of gases. Doctors recommend chewing food a little longer, and the gases will disappear;
- Frequent constipation. They usually provoke excessive formation of gases, and besides, when constipated, gases do not leave as the body requires.
- alimentary – physiological causes associated with ingestion of the stomach, along with food, a large amount of air, as well as the use of foods that are too rich in fiber;
- digestive – a strong accumulation of gases in the intestine occurs against the background of insufficient levels of enzymes. In rare cases, the process may proceed as a consequence of a violation of the circulation of bile;
- dispiotic – flatulence occurs due to disruption of the normal ratio of beneficial and pathogenic microflora in the intestine;
- mechanical – in the formation of adhesions in the large intestine, malignant or benign neoplasms, they already make the lumen of the intestine, causing problems with normal gas exchange;
- dynamic – with serious pathologies (peritonitis, intoxication of the body with fecal masses with acute obstruction, with abnormalities in the development of the intestine) the formation and removal of gas from the intestine is hampered and slowed down;
- circulatory – flatulence appears on the background of the circulatory system.
Strong gases in the human intestine give malfunctions in the gastrointestinal tract, but the reasons may be associated not only with the digestive organs. For example, constant stressful situations, disorders of the nervous system contribute to the appearance of indisposition.
Gases in the intestine are a foamy mucous mass. When there are many, they can block the lumen of the digestive tract, creating difficulties for normal digestion and assimilation of products. This reduces the activity of enzyme systems, digestive upset occurs.
The accumulation of gases in the intestines leads to clear signs of flatulence, which indicates a violation of motility and bowel functions and causes unpleasant symptoms:
- belching when the contents are cast back into the stomach;
- increased gas production after meals;
- the appearance of sounds in the stomach when mixing products;
- constipation, alternating diarrhea on the background of the constant accumulation of gas in the intestine;
- abdominal soreness and cramps;
- stretching of the intestinal wall, when diagnosed diagnostically distended intestine;
- motility disorders;
- general weakness, insomnia, worsening of mood, apathy, lethargy.
Signs are most pronounced in the afternoon, when all systems and organs are actively working. Treatment will depend on the reasons that provoke his appearance and on the characteristics of the human diet.
Gases in the intestines themselves do not pose a danger to the body. However, they can be a sign of a fairly serious illness, even a cancer.
Most patients prefer to postpone a visit to the doctor until the disease aggravates and other complaints appear. This worsens the prognosis of treatment and leads to the occurrence of complications.
To determine the cause of the formation of gases, it is necessary to diagnose. Pre-doctor conducts a thorough examination, palpation and patient interview. When the patient complains that the gases in the intestines do not leave, frequent swelling and sharp pains, the doctor should conduct an examination, which prevents intestinal obstruction, ascites (fluid accumulation) or any inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Then the specialist prescribes a survey using:
- Abdominal ultrasound;
- bacterial or biochemical analysis of feces;
- blood test;
- lactose tolerant tests.
To establish the cause and start treatment, it is necessary to undergo a comprehensive examination prescribed by a gastroenterologist.
How to get rid of gas in the intestines at home?
Many are interested in the question of how to get rid of gases in the intestines, because this problem is not the most pleasant, and not everyone can tolerate it for a long time. First of all, the doctor must establish the exact reason why this process occurs in the human body. If the reason has been clarified, the doctor prescribes treatment.
If there are gases in the stomach, then prescribed etiotropic treatment aimed at combating certain ailments. Probiotics may be prescribed to the patient:
Their action is directed at the intestinal population of beneficial bacteria. If the cause of the disease is weakening of motility and obstruction of fecal masses, then laxative preparations are used:
If the process of gas formation occurs against the background of an infectious disease, then antimicrobial agents are indicated. At detection of helminths prescribe anthelmintic drugs.
You can fight the pain of gas in the intestines with the help of “gymnastics”. Follow as needed and for prevention. Common exercises:
- Strain and then relax your bloated belly. 10-15 repetitions.
- Pull the legs to the body, lying on your back, release the air. Do 1-2 minutes.
- Lie on your back, bend your legs. Exhale, massage the abdomen with palms, inhale again. Do 5-7 times.
If the symptoms do not go away for a long time, serious diseases and even tumors in the intestines can develop in the gastrointestinal tract, when the treatment of gases in the intestines has to be carried out by surgery.
Nutrition and dieting
The cause of strong gases in the intestines may be the wrong combination of some dishes that are incompatible with each other. These include:
- combination of fresh bakery pastries with kefir;
- dairy products with cereals;
- cereals with fresh sour vegetables and fruits.
To provoke gases can also such factors:
- stale food;
- thermally uncooked cucumbers and peppers, without any dressing;
- use before bed of protein foods: eggs, meat, fish, mushrooms;
- drinking liquid immediately after eating.
In the process of getting rid of gases in the intestine is required to follow a diet. For this recommend:
- take meals at least five times a day in small quantities;
- do not snack on the go;
- eliminate fried and fatty foods;
- remove from the diet legumes, cabbage, apples, lamb and other products that contribute to gas formation and fermentation;
- take sour-milk food daily;
- if flatulence is accompanied by constipation, then include in the diet fiber, with diarrhea, on the contrary, avoid products containing it.
Do fasting days. One day a week include only one type of product in the menu, for example, boiled rice or buckwheat. Mono-diet improves intestinal cleansing, will restore the work of the digestive tract and remove harmful toxins.
If the cause of the gas in the intestine is not serious, then, as a rule, keeping a banal diet is enough.
Of course, there are many popular recipes that can alleviate the patient’s condition. So what to use if you are tormented by gases in the intestines? What to do to get rid of the pain? Traditional healers know how to quickly get rid of gases. To maintain normal microflora in the intestines, to eliminate the accumulation of gases is recommended:
- Seeds. brew the seeds of anise or dill, fennel fruit, dandelion root;
- Nuts Eat walnuts and pine nuts to eliminate gas formation, black salt when mixed with a slice of rye bread and roasting in the oven until blackness appears;
- A decoction of dandelion roots. You need 2 teaspoons of dandelion roots, finely chop and pour a glass of cold boiled water. Insist 8 hours, strain through gauze and drink 2 tablespoons in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- To get rid of the problem will help and carminatives. From the gases in the intestines well helps decoction of dill seeds. To make it, you need to pour a tablespoon of seeds with two glasses of boiling water, cover the container with a lid and leave for three hours. Strain the resulting broth and drink during the day, divided into 3-4 servings, it is better to take the medicine before eating.
As a rule, the accumulation of gases in the intestines is not a sign of the disease. However, if the gas is constantly disturbed and is accompanied by other symptoms, such as constipation, heartburn, stomach pain, difficulty swallowing or weight loss, a thorough diagnostic examination should be carried out so as not to see another disease.
Avoid excessive consumption of carbonated drinks, fatty and poorly digestible food, lead a healthy lifestyle, drink plenty of pure water, and to avoid aerophagy, replace the chewing gum with mint candies.