Torakalgiya – pain in the chest, its causes can be very different and in some cases, quite serious. The pain in the center of the chest can be associated with lesions of some internal organs that are located in this place (heart, lungs), sometimes it can occur due to lesions of bone and cartilage structures, diseases of the spine and much more. Often, pain localized in the center of the chest becomes a symptom of such dangerous states as myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, pneumonia, gastric ulcer and
Be that as it may, but the pain that occurs in a person in the center of the chest is a very frequent complaint of many patients, it can occur suddenly, or increase gradually, over time. In order to determine its nature and find out the seriousness of the reasons that caused this condition, it is strongly recommended to contact a clinic to a doctor. However, which organs can cause chest pain, what exactly can be suspected in this situation? Not a rare source of pain becomes a place of articulation of the sternum and ribs. Very dangerous for health and life can be a situation where chest pain is caused by heart disease. In addition, the organs of the gastrointestinal tract can hurt. It is worth analyzing in a few words which diseases lead to pain in the chest, in its middle.
1. Angina pectoris. Usually, an attack of angina pectoris is accompanied by pains in the chest, it occurs suddenly, often right after a strong physical exertion, or during it. The attack occurs due to the fact that the heart muscle lacks blood supply, the pain can be pressing, burning, contracting, it is felt in the center of the chest, or a little to the left, in the region of the heart. Often, pain gives to the arm, neck, lower jaw, the pain can last from a few seconds to half an hour. Typically, an attack of angina from the pain can be eliminated by taking a dose of nitroglycerin. Often, an attack of pain is accompanied by other symptoms, such as dizziness, nausea, palpitations, an attack of fear, shortness of breath, weakness. Angina pectoris can often be observed in the elderly, and the risk of its development is increased if a person is obese, hypertensive, or diabetic. High probability of developing angina in smokers.
2. Pericarditis. Inflammation of the lining of the heart (pericardium), causes pain in the chest, in the region of the heart. Painful sensations arise as if inside the chest, in its depth, behind the sternum. The pain can be felt constantly or occur periodically, if you take a supine position, it increases, if you bend the body forward, it decreases. A serious condition can be pericardial effusion, when fluid accumulates in the cavity of the pericardium, usually with the pain go away. Loss of pericarditis can lead to heart failure, shortness of breath occurs, swelling, weakness, and pressure decrease.
3. Myocardial infarction. One of the forms of coronary heart disease, in which the pain is somewhat similar to that which occurs in angina, is stronger and sharper. If, in case of stenocardia, pain, as a rule, is manifested after physical exertion, myocardial infarction may occur suddenly, at rest. The condition is very serious, life-threatening patient, so he is subject to urgent hospitalization.
These reasons are only a small part of all diseases of the heart and circulatory system that can cause pain in the chest. That is, if such pain suddenly suddenly arises, there is every reason to suspect a malfunction of the heart muscle, you must immediately consult a doctor.
4. Pneumonia. With this disease, inflammation of the lung area occurs, which is accompanied by numerous symptoms, one of which is chest pain. Pain is often accompanied by a strong cough with sputum, body temperature rises, weakness, wheezing and
5. Osteochondrosis. A common cause of chest pain is osteochondrosis of the thoracic and cervical spine, which affects the intervertebral discs and cartilage. The pain is often acute, as with angina, can give to the shoulder, shoulder blade, arm. Osteochondrosis is also characterized by surrounding chest pain.
6. Intercostal neuralgia. With this condition, there is severe pain in the space between the two ribs,
Other possible causes of chest pain may include: tuberculosis, lung cancer, tracheitis, hernia, mastitis, myositis, esophagitis, esophageal rupture, vegetative dystonia, and much more.