The Mirena intrauterine device is a modern method of contraception for many women. The effectiveness of this method is to use the hormone of the last generation, which does not affect the organs of the small pelvis, and also has a high degree of protection against unwanted pregnancy. In addition to these advantages, Mirena also has medicinal properties, which is an excellent means of preventing many diseases of the female reproductive system.
Every day, the Navy hormone Mirena is secreted into the uterine cavity and has a contraceptive effect. It is practically not absorbed into the blood and works exclusively within the uterus of a woman. This hormone does not block the work of the ovaries and after it is removed, the woman can immediately become pregnant.
When choosing this method of contraception, a woman should discuss all the details of the installation, advantages and disadvantages of the spiral with her gynecologist.
Preparation and installation of the spiral
Before installing the Mirena Navy, a woman needs to pass some tests, as well as undergo additional ultrasound examinations. This will prevent the occurrence of various complications when using the Mirena intrauterine device. Side effects that may occur during installation of the helix are indications for helix removal.
Preparing to install the Navy
The analyzes required before installing the helix will be as follows:
• A blood test for hCG will give the doctor information that the woman is not pregnant. If a pregnancy is suspected, the Mirena Navy installation is impossible;
• A smear on the vaginal microflora, which will show the presence or absence of the inflammatory process of the female reproductive system. In the presence of inflammation, the installation of the Navy Mirena is unacceptable. A woman needs to undergo a course of treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs and only then establish a spiral;
• Cytological smear will show the presence or absence of various pathologies associated with the cervix;
• Ultrasound examination will show the doctor the structure and structure of the female reproductive organ. When detecting various abnormal structures of the uterus, such as the two-horned uterus or the presence of a septum in the uterus, the installation of the Mirena Navy is prohibited.
After receiving all the results of tests and ultrasound examinations, the doctor can proceed with the installation of the Mirena Navy. Usually, the installation process of the intrauterine device takes place in the first 5-7 days of the menstrual cycle. It is believed that during this period the probability of pregnancy is very low. Mirena’s installation takes place in the usual gynecologist’s office in a gynecological chair. Most women mark the installation of the Mirena Navy as an unpleasant procedure, but it does not experience severe pain. If you have a low pain threshold, then you can ask the doctor to do an anesthetic injection, which will reduce the pain.
Side Effects of the Navy Mirena
As with any other use of hormonal contraception, after installing the Miren Navy some side effects may occur. Usually in the first few months after its installation they disappear on their own and do not require medical intervention. However, if after installing the Navy Mirena side effects cause significant inconvenience to the woman, then you need to consult a gynecologist.
The following factors can be attributed to side effects after the installation of the intrauterine device:
• frequent headaches;
• the appearance of acne;
• weight gain;
• breast tenderness;
• appearance of ovarian cysts;
• reduction of menstrual flow.
If these or other side effects are detected, it is recommended to consult a gynecologist to avoid various complications. Side effects are usually temporary and disappear after the first months of the Mirena Navy installation. When choosing a medical facility for the installation of Mirena, rely on the qualifications of doctors, as well as the novelty of the equipment. By contacting our medical center in Moscow, you are guaranteed to receive advice from the best gynecologists who will give you the necessary diagnostic measures and select an individual method of contraception. We adhere to the use of modern contraceptive methods that do not entail complications and side effects.