Many people know that flaxseed oil is good for health, but not everyone knows what harm this product does when used improperly. About the benefits and dangers of flaxseed oil, how to properly use, and whether it is possible to eat it – read the material.
Linseed oil is made from flax seeds. From other vegetable oils, it is favorably distinguished by the content of the optimal amount of omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids, as well as a variety of vitamins. In terms of composition and quantity of beneficial properties, it can be compared to fish oil, but without a specific smell.
How to apply flaxseed oil
Flaxseed oil is enough to take 1 – 2 tbsp. l in a day. It can be used both in pure form and added to food. Remember, linseed oil should never be heated! If you feel pain in the abdomen, reduce the dose of use. This side effect will disappear in 3 to 5 days. Otherwise – stop using.
- To enhance immunity. Flaxseed oil is often used to restore the immune system after surgery. Also, this product gives energy to the body and maintains body tone. It is necessary to drink 20 minutes before the main meal 2 tbsp. l oil or add to food, for example, as a salad dressing.
- For the development of nerve tissue. Vitamin B4 (choline), which contains flaxseed oil, helps to overcome stressful conditions. Another oil is used for headaches: drink 1 tbsp before bedtime. l Linseed oil, stirred in 300 ml of warm water.
- In cardiovascular diseases. Flaxseed oil is also used as a preventive measure against ischemia and heart attack. A substance called lignan contained in flaxseed oil reduces cholesterol levels in the blood, which reduces the risk of stroke and hypertension. With daily use for two weeks 3 hours l. oils before each meal the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases is reduced by 2 times.
- For the elasticity of the joints. In the treatment of arthritis, you can drink 1 tbsp. l on an empty stomach and do massages with this oil. Fatty acids and trace elements in the oil reduce inflammation, prevent pain, improve the elasticity and mobility of joints. In arthritis, rheumatism, arthrosis, ligament, cartilage and joint ailments, linseed oil helps to get rid of inflammation of the affected areas, reduce pain, accelerates the regeneration of injured tissues. In this case, it returns the cartilage elasticity and mobility.
- For weight loss. Flaxseed oil is considered one of the most useful oils, whose fats will not be deposited on the sides. When overweight oil helps to normalize the work of the intestines and speeds up the metabolism. First you need to start with 1 tsp. butter for half an hour before breakfast. Next, after 10 days, increase the dose to 1 tbsp. l in a day. Drink this course a month, then take a break for a week, then repeat the course.
- Skin elasticity. Flaxseed oil has an excellent effect on the skin, making it supple and elastic. It will take a few drops of oil to rub in the hands and light massage movements to walk through the body.
- Healing effect. Often, flaxseed oil is used for burns and ulcers of light stages. It is necessary to moisten a napkin in oil and attach it to the wound for several hours.
- Regenerative effect. Linseed oil is often added to creams with a regenerating effect. But at home to make such a cream is not difficult. The oil can be used both in pure form and mixed with kefir, sour cream or lemon juice. Such a “homemade” cream will help peel off the old skin particles.
- Nutrition hair. Flax oil has a great effect on the scalp and hair structure. Suitable for all hair types, as it is quickly absorbed. It is necessary to massage the oil into the scalp with massage movements, then evenly distribute the entire length of the hair and wrap up with a towel, and an hour later wash it off with warm water.
Linseed Oil Harm
With so many beneficial effects on the body and the human body, flaxseed oil also has many contraindications. If used improperly, side effects are possible:
- allergic reaction;
- high blood clotting.
Also, flaxseed oil is strictly contraindicated:
- pregnant women;
- people taking medications and antidepressants;
- people with pancreatitis, hepatitis, cholecystitis and gallstone disease.
Read more interesting news in Viber and Telegram STB.
If you find an error, please select the text fragment and press Ctrl + Enter.