The problem of skin rashes may be relevant for both adolescents and adults. The causes of the disease often become hormonal failure, unhealthy diet, poor-quality cosmetics. All this can lead to acne on the skin.
Today, the Internet and magazines are filled with information about how to get rid of skin rashes. Many use these methods and successfully cure, but after face another problem – dark traces are left in place of acne.
This is a fairly common ailment. Rashes disappear, and the spots remain for a long time. They can be pink, reddish, blue, purple and look just as unattractive as acne. Most often, traces appear if the acne treatment is prolonged. It is quite possible to prevent the appearance of stains, but if it didn’t work out, you shouldn’t get upset, because pigmentation is not scars. Get rid of stains can be quite quickly and easily.
Why do acne marks remain?
Spots on the site of former acne are formed due to the accumulation of melanin pigment. It is also called dark pigment. This usually occurs with severe inflammation, which is why you should not run the disease.
However, there are various visible traces of past inflammations:
1. Red and even slightly blue spots from acne – a temporary phenomenon on your skin. They are fairly easy to cure, and sometimes they pass themselves.
2. Dark blue and purple spots – a more serious case. They appear when the inflammatory process penetrates deep into the skin. Usually they have a very intense color, and therefore it can be difficult to hide them. Removal of such pigmentation will take much more time and effort.
3. Acne marks. If the treatment is successful, then immediately after it the area under the skin may be painted pinkish or bluish. Then it passes. However, the danger of deep acne lies in the fact that these acne leaves deep scars. It is not easy to get rid of them, and the help of a cosmetologist is required to conduct deep peeling procedures.
The most common cause of skin blemishes is poor quality acne treatment. For example, if a thorough disinfection of the skin was not performed or if the treatment was started for a long time.
Another common cause of the formation of acne marks is the addiction to squeeze acne. This leads to damage to the tissues around the pimple and the development of an infectious process. In addition, there is a high risk of infection in the wound. All cosmetologists completely forbid squeezing out inflammations. If you do not want spots to form, do not touch the inflamed areas with your hands, treat them with special disinfectants and do not overstretch the treatment. Measures must be taken in a timely manner.
Remedies for acne stains
If you still did not manage to avoid marks on the skin after treatment, there are ways to remove them. With this you should not delay, because the spots on the face look as unattractive as acne, and deliver no less discomfort.
There are several ways to cure stains – medical, cosmetic and folk. All of them are almost equally productive, you can find a lot of positive feedback about each method. To choose a suitable method for yourself, you need to examine each in detail.
Before telling you about each method of treating blemishes, here are some important and binding rules:
- do not squeeze acne;
- any product should be applied on clean and dry skin;
- It is better to treat stains in summer or autumn, because often cosmetics dry and weaken the skin. In the winter and spring, it is so exposed to strong environmental influences and lacks adequate nutrition;
- during treatment, it is recommended not to be exposed to UV rays for a long time, that is, to spend as little time as possible in the sun and not to attend a tanning bed;
- Vitamin C should be taken during treatment because it improves the balance of nutrients in the skin;
- proper nutrition will make treatment faster and more effective.
Cream against blemishes on the face
Today, there are many modern medical ways to remove acne marks. One of them – the fight against pigment with a lightening cream. Among them are the most popular:
1. Lightening cream. They are based on hydroquinone – this substance has a powerful whitening effect. However, it is worth remembering that you need to apply such a cream moderately. With continued use, they can increase the risk of skin cancer. In addition, experts do not recommend using retinoid ointment and other preparations with retinoids simultaneously with bleaching creams (this is an analogue of vitamin A).
2. Alpha and beta (water soluble and fat soluble) hydroacids. They have an exfoliating effect. These include glycolic, lactic, citric and salicylic acids.
3. Azelaic acid. She is in the composition of the drug Skinoren-gel. This ointment is applied as prescribed by a doctor for juvenile and hormonal inflammations – acne. Ordinary inflammations do not cure them.
4. Substances that inhibit melanin production are kojic acid, magnesium ascorbyl 2-phosphate, arbutin. They can be combined with each other.
Modern cosmetology offers a range of products that can effectively get rid of stains. It should be noted that cosmetic products for acne (lotions, washing gels), have no effect in the fight against pigmentation. For this there are other options – special procedures that are carried out in many cosmetology clinics:
1. Microcurrent therapy and fractional photothermolysis. These procedures provide a healing effect on the skin, accelerate metabolic processes, cell renewal and tissue regeneration. They also increase the production of collagen and elastin. It helps level the skin surface and color.
2. Chemical peeling. It should be carried out using triacetic acid. Glycolic acid 20–70% can be used. For the best effect, you need to combine chemical peeling and taking retinoids – an analogue of vitamin A. For example, Diaknel cream contains both acids and retinoids.
3. Laser resurfacing or dermabrasion. Since the appearance of dark spots often occurs due to a violation of skin pigmentation, natural brightening masks can be used. They are easily made at home. Note, home treatment is possible only to remove acne marks, but not applicable if scars or scars remain. In the latter case, you need to contact the experts.
Folk remedies for spots after acne
Effective for removing unpleasant stains:
1. Masks with green clay.
You can add a couple of drops of rosemary essential oil.
How to make a mask:
Take a tablespoon of powdered green clay, drip a little rosemary oil and dilute with cool water. Knead until creamy. Dot it onto the stains and wait 15 minutes. In addition, you can separately lubricate traces of rosemary oil two or three times a day. But it is worth remembering that the oil has a strong invigorating property and can affect pressure.
2. Brightening mask with egg.
Separate the white of one egg from the yolk. In the protein pour 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice, mix well. Apply the mask with a cotton swab on each dark spot. Wait 15 minutes and wash. To lighten your face, apply a mask with a cotton pad over the entire face and neck.
3. Mask with white clay.
Clay has excellent drying properties, and therefore serves as an excellent prevention of new inflammation. Mix a tablespoon of powdered white clay with two teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add some water to make a rather viscous mass. Apply it on stains, leave for 15 minutes and wash with warm water. This mask can also brighten the entire face and neck.
4. Mask of tomato.
Remove the peel from a tomato by holding it in boiling water for a few minutes, crush the flesh and mix with a teaspoon of starch. Apply the mask on the dark spots and wait 15 minutes, then wash off. – Well brightens the skin juice of fresh cucumber. This method is also popular because it is very simple. You just need to wipe the dark spots with freshly squeezed cucumber juice or just pieces of juicy cucumber during the day.
5. Honey mask.
Honey is known to be a frequent ingredient in facial masks. To lighten the skin, mix a teaspoon of honey and cinnamon. The resulting mass should be applied to problem areas on the skin and hold for 25 minutes. Rinse better with warm water so that the skin does not remain sticky after honey. In this recipe, you can use green or white clay instead of honey and add some water to get a thick mass.
It is important to remember that honey-cinnamon and clay-cinnamon mask should be done only once every two days, not more often. In addition, this mask is not desirable for people with vascular diseases, for example, when rosacea.
6. Effective for removing acne marks from tea tree oil.
It is usually mixed in the same proportions with freshly squeezed lemon juice or lavender oil. This mixture needs to wipe the pigmented areas. Be careful: in a concentrated form the oil burns the skin and mucous membranes.
7. It is recommended to clean the acne marks with garlic or parsley decoction, calendula tincture.
Broths and tinctures can be frozen in the freezer in the form of squares and wipe their skin. This will make the procedure easy and quick. To cook the parsley broth, pour boiled water (200 milliliters) into the chopped parsley bunch, cover with the lid and leave to cool. When the broth gets room temperature, it can be used.
8. Cosmetic paraffin is called one of the most effective remedies for age spots.
You can buy it at any pharmacy. Melt the paraffin wax on the hob over low heat or in a water bath. With a cotton swab, apply warm (not hot) paraffin to each spot. After some time, the paraffin will harden directly on the face and it can be gently removed. No need to pull it off sharply so as not to damage the skin.
You can apply this remedy two or three times a day, but before the procedure it is better to treat the skin with fat creams with the addition of vitamins A and E. This method has contraindications – if the face has a vascular net, it is better to discard the paraffin.
9. Mask with natural apple cider vinegar.
It can also be bought at pharmacies. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a third cup of clean water. Wipe your face with this solution or only dark spots every morning.
How much time can I get rid of stains?
This question can not be answered unequivocally. How much time you need to completely get rid of stains depends on several factors. These include the type of skin, its ability to regenerate, the quality of the drugs with which you treated acne, how deep was the inflammation, lifestyle and diet. The skin is a complete organ of our body, and its health is directly related to the quality of our lifestyle. It’s no secret that the skin of smokers and drinkers is much weaker than those who give up bad habits.
The term for removing stains depends on the reason for their appearance. If traces remain after squeezing acne or frequent mechanical cleaning of the face, they can disappear in a period from a couple of days to several weeks.
To remove deep and intense spots from acne longer. Peeling and grinding procedures can take several months and even half a year.
Some spots – small, light pink or reddish, most likely, will pass on their own in a day or two.
As we said earlier, the rate of removing marks from stains depends on skin type and neglect of the problem. Recall that it is best to prevent the appearance of spots and treat acne competently and in time.
Holders of problem skin have two ways to do this:
– Regularly use cosmetic means – Zenerit, Differin and others. True, they do not remove the cause of acne, but rather struggle with the consequences. The effect will be short-term, and you still have to hide the problem skin under the foundation.
– Another option, more effective, is peeling, facial cleansing with ultrasound, ozone therapy. But such procedures are expensive and require regular maintenance. In addition, after them the skin needs special care and is restored for a long time. But, if after all you decide to associate yourself with cosmetology, contact only specialized clinics in order not to become a victim of poor-quality treatment.