Stress is the reaction of the human body to an external situation, which it considers dangerous. This reaction is programmed by nature and is the same for all people, it is associated with the instinct of self-preservation. But people behave differently in such cases. Some panic or make scandals, others pretend that everything is in order and become self-contained, others use sedatives during stress.
What threatens stress
A person is not able to save himself from trouble, but he has a choice. His physical and mental health depends on it: it doesn’t matter what comes from the outside, the attitude is important.
Which soothing is better to take with anxiety and stress, nervous diseases. What drugs and drugs are more effective for the body.
Attitude to an emergency can be different.
- Negative: I do not accept what is happening, it is unfair (the search for the guilty begins).
- Zero: I do not care, let it be anything (this reaction is unnatural, the unpleasant situation is driven inside).
- Positive: “I’m not lucky with cards — lucky in love” (the search for a way out begins).
Negative attitude to the situation (suppose it was a fall on a slippery street) causes a negative reaction: the brain sends a danger signal, the stress hormone cortisol is released, fats turn into sugar, the pressure rises – the body is ready for action: the person waves his arms, scolds everyone from the janitor until the minister, then calms down, having exhausted his energy reserves.
Stress can lead to alcoholism, nervous breakdown, other diseases.
In the second case, the same changes occur in the body, but there is an inner experience of their humiliation against the background of increased pressure and blood sugar levels.
In the third variant, you can laugh at your clumsiness, sprinkle a slippery place with sand, the main thing is to calm down. Energy costs in this case will be the least.
Every day a person experiences more than one such situation, a habit is formed in a certain way to respond to trouble. And if this is always a negative reaction, the body constantly goes through two initial phases of stress: the anxiety and adaptation phase, during which energy is consumed.
When a big misfortune comes (death of loved ones, ruin, loss of work, divorce) or trouble, they are pursued for a long time (lack of money, failures at work, problem children), people with a negative and zero attitude to nervous experience quickly become exhausted. The body burns all available fat reserves, blood sugar levels and blood pressure rise, nerves become loose, a strong sedative is required. Paying for the wrong way of behavior comes, a person experiences, experiencing constant dangerous stress.
The inability (or unwillingness) to treat life trials adequately leads us to a dead end sooner or later, from which we cannot get out without medical assistance. A person can not independently stop the negative processes in the body. If you do not use soothing medications to relieve stress in time, this will have the following consequences:
- sudden death;
- severe, less treatable somatic diseases;
- nervous and mental illnesses.
Unexpected death overtakes most often in men over the age of 40. Causes of death: an extensive heart attack or stroke is the result of an inappropriate reaction to nervous experiences. Creating the impression of external control over the situation, a person drives the alarm inside. The brain also gives signals of danger and starts the stress mode of the body. As a result, many years of life with increased pressure, when the heart does not receive adequate nutrition, because resources are spent on something else. In fact, death in the prime of life can be avoided. Soothing pills for nerves and stress relieve anxiety, enable the body to restore its vitality.
Another option for the consequences is psychosomatic diseases, which are “from the nerves”. For a long time the body works in a stressful situation leads to a constant release of adrenaline into the blood, turning all fats into sugars, and then proteins. A person becomes defenseless against any infection.
The most frequent diseases:
- infectious diseases (from flu to tuberculosis),
- ulcers of the stomach and intestines,
- inflammation of internal organs
- nerve allergy.
Moreover, neither the psychologist nor the therapist will be able to provide effective treatment until the alarm signal is “turned off” – destroying the internal mode of the organism. If stress is the cause of the illness, the neuropathologist or psychotherapist is the first to prescribe a sedative medication.
The third option for the development of this situation is nervous and mental diseases.
- Neurasthenia – the lot of those who are used not to restrain their emotions. In the phase of exhaustion, every little thing begins to annoy, the person does not cope with himself, does not know how to relieve stress. Resentment, anger is constantly spilling out, all this is accompanied by tears, migraines, poor appetite, insomnia, loss of efficiency. Soothing medications do well, but only with an adequate attitude to the problems.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome is a new disease of our time. It differs from ordinary fatigue in that it has no apparent reason: the person has not worked yet, but already feels dead tired, the whole body aches, like after hard work. Sleep does not give rest, because it is replaced by insomnia, nutrition does not restore strength, a person loses weight sharply. Stress leads to immune and hormonal failure, disruption of the autonomic nervous system.
- Depression is a disease or a situation in which aggression, caused by the nervous system, is addressed by the person to itself. The life from black and white becomes gray, the feeling of depression, melancholy, inhibition of thoughts and movements is constantly felt. The condition is very dangerous, as it may end in suicide. When latent depression in a person begins to hurt different organs, although surveys show that the body is healthy. Only a psychiatrist can help these people, finding the right sedative.
So, those trapped in a stressful trap cannot restore their health without the help of medications, but sedatives should be applied with knowledge.
From stress and nerves
It is easy to get lost in the sea of psychotropic drugs that are available today in pharmacies. It is dangerous to assign them yourself or on the recommendation of friends, but to have a general idea of them does not hurt. Soothing means for a stressful situation are assigned to different types. By their origin, they are divided into anti-stress herbal pills and synthetic drugs.
Herbal preparations have a mild sedative effect and do not have side effects for the body. Most often, the drugs are available in the form of tinctures or dry raw materials, at least – in tablets. In pharmacies, they are sold without a prescription, are inexpensive.
- Valerian – the most famous medicine for nerves. Alkaloids and essential oils in its roots are the raw material for tincture, which helps with various diseases. Treatment of valerian should be carried out courses, it does not give a quick effect. Take 25 drops 3 times a day. The course is prescribed by a doctor.
- Mint is one of the common sedative plants. It is used in the form of alcohol tinctures or tea for nervous breakdowns and insomnia.
- Melissa – a heart medicine, helps with palpitations, lowers blood pressure, relieves nervous itching, does not cause drowsiness.
- Chamomile – apigenin contained in its composition, gives a strong sedative effect and is able to suppress strong nervous shocks. It is used in the form of tincture and decoction. Has contraindications: diseases of the digestive tract.
- Peony – contains alkaloids and substances that stimulate the production of endorphins. The use of peony tincture not only soothes the nerves, but also has a beneficial effect on the entire body.
Motherwort, watch, hop cones, mint, lemon balm, valerian – this is the optimal composition of therapeutic sedative collection for broth or tea.
Synthetic psychotropic drugs
Synthetic drugs for stress are available only in pills: medicinal substances in this form are more concentrated, their dissolution in the body occurs gradually. Substances of pills for depression interfere with biochemical processes, affect the work of the brain, restore the nerves. Therefore, it is important not only the composition of drugs, but also the ratio of active substances, and the speed of their absorption. To take anti-stress medications you need strictly according to the rules:
- treatment is carried out by courses, the duration of which is determined by the doctor;
- do not suddenly stop taking psychotropic drugs;
- compatibility with other sedative medications determined in advance.
Contraindications for taking sedative drugs are pregnant and lactating mothers, children, people with head injuries and brain tumors suffering from epilepsy, drug and alcohol addiction.
By their action, sedative synthetic drugs are divided into several classes.
- Neuroleptics – act on areas of the brain and inhibit the activity of the nervous system.
- Antidepressants – maintain a high content of serotonin in the body and prevent the development of negative emotions.
- Tranquilizers – suppress emotions, have a strong sedative effect.
- Nootropic drugs – activate intellectual work of the brain.
- Mood controllers – inhibit the development of seizures, make the psyche more stable.
- Sedatives – created on the basis of bromine, enhance the processes of inhibition.