Collagen: beneficial properties and effects on the body
This material can be synthesized in your body. However, this process takes a lot of time, because of the instability to the effects of the external environment, collagen can quickly collapse, but it recovers extremely slowly, especially when a person is aging. Its name absolutely precisely defines the function that it performs: fastens, glues, the tissues of the body. It is for this reason that you need to know what does collagen contain, to get enough of it from the outside. Then you will not face unpleasant manifestations of its deficiency:
- skin starts lose their elasticity, elasticity and attractiveness, becomes flabby, dull, covered with wrinkles;
- thinning of the vascular wall, which leads to rupture of blood vessels, the appearance of atherosclerotic plaques;
- eyesight may deteriorate;
- there are problems with the bronchi;
- osteochondrosis and arthrosis often worries as the condition worsens articular cartilage;
- Since collagen has a definite effect on the intestines, problems with the digestive system appear with a lack of it, and constipation may become more frequent;
- the presence of the element is necessary and for healthy looking hair and nails, what manifests itself in foliation, fragility and split ends;
- without collagen, muscle strength is rapidly lost and bone density is reduced, the joints and tendons stretch, and they are easier to tear or dislocate.
Collagen fibers can be compared with spirals that are braided into braids. As we age, they get loose, losing their flexibility and strength. And due to the fragility and stiffness of the fibers, the skin and tissues lose their tone, becoming thinner and sagging. One of the factors that can slow down the synthesis of collagen, as mentioned above, is age. Experts refer to them as the harmful effects of sunlight and the devastating effects of nicotine.
- glycine, which helps muscle and cartilage tissues not to become thinner, and also contributes to the regeneration of damaged areas;
- lysine, involved in the formation of bone tissue. He is also responsible for ensuring that calcium and nitrogen are well absorbed. Due to the presence of this amino acid, your tissues are able to quickly recover and return to normal after an injury or after surgery;
- proline, which should ensure the strength of collagen threads for your heart, skin, cartilage bags.
In order for collagen to be able to synthesized in your body, and its fibers worked fine, you also need to monitor the simultaneous intake of certain vitamins in the required quantity.
Foods high in collagen
Unfortunately, you can find collagen only in products of animal origin, and plant food will help its synthesis in the body. But here elastin, which is also a protein similar to collagen, responsible for ensuring that connective tissues are elastic and elastic, is also present in food of plant origin.
A large amount of natural collagen is found in fish and meat products, as well as seafood. Among the most useful seafood are salmon fish (salmon, salmon, pink salmon, chum salmon), fish oil itself, and sea kale rich in iodine and various salts will help speed up the production of collagen. As for meat products, the first in the content and assimilation of the beneficial substance is turkey meat. In beef meat there is also stable collagen, and in mutton or pork it is already less stable. Rabbit meat and chicken meat significantly lose on the content of collagen fibers. Well, vegetable oils are products that help us synthesize connective tissue.
The rich charge of vitamins and beneficial elements derived from the juices will help to digest and synthesize collagen faster. Provide yourself with enough vitamins C, A, D, E, as well as the intake of zinc, copper, magnesium, iron and sulfur. Among fruit juices perfectly cope with this task. Citrus Freshes, mango, apples, peaches, kiwi. For vegetable vitamin cocktails, you can choose Bulgarian pepper, carrots, beets, tomatoes. Do not forget about the berry mousse: viburnum, black currant and sea buckthorn will help you cool replenish stocks of nutrients.
This product also does not contain collagen. However, for the above reasons, nuts should be regularly eaten if you want to stay young and beautiful. Rich sources of vitamins and various elements are walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds and others.
Without cereals and cereals in a healthy diet nowhere. Make sure that your diet contains such whole grain cereals, like oatmeal, barley or brown rice. Sprouted wheat germ, maize, millet, buckwheat and others are also useful. They contain many minerals and vitamins.
In order for cellular collagen to be synthesized in sufficient quantity, eat fresh vegetables and greens daily. On your table should be: cabbage (white cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Beijing), carrots, beets, bell pepper, parsley, cilantro, celery, dill, spinach, tomatoes, lettuce and others. Do not forget about legumes (peas, soybeans, beans, lentils).
Fruit and berry diet will also help your body stay in perfect and healthy condition. Pay attention to the fruits and fruits of orange, yellow, red: persimmon, apricots, lemons, oranges, peaches, apples and others. Berries and dried fruits (dates, dried apricots, raisins, prunes, dried figs) are extremely rich in special substances that are able to strengthen the collagen fibers. The leader is blueberries.
This group of food is responsible for ensuring that the body received a sufficient amount of vitamin D, A, and other beneficial elements. They are also designed to stimulate collagen production.
Food gelatin is also able to restore the lack of collagen in your body, so you can safely eat a variety of aspic foods, aspic, and fruit jelly.