How to determine your type
Beauticians distinguish 4 basic types. Determining which one you have is pretty simple. To do this, it is enough to know the main features of each of them.
Fatty has the following signs:
- Epidermis looks coarse, dense;
- Enlarged pores over the entire face;
- Permanent shine that rarely goes away on its own;
- Acne, various rashes, black spots;
- Due to the increased fat content, fine mimic wrinkles are practically absent.
- Very thin, tender, through it vessels can often be peeped out;
- It is almost impossible to notice the pores on the face, because they are rather small;
- Matt shade, no greasy;
- Often there is a feeling of tightness, over-dryness;
- It quickly grows old because small and deep wrinkles appear early on it.
Normal less common than other types:
- The average density of the epidermis;
- The absence of ugly greasy (it is possible in small quantities on the forehead, nose, chin);
- Matt surface;
- The pores are almost invisible because they are rather small;
- Able to withstand hormonal changes, fluctuations in air temperature;
- Proper care of normal skin leads to the fact that the aging process, the appearance of wrinkles occurs slowly, gradually.
Combined has the following signs:
- On the face immediately are combinations of oily, dry and normal skin;
- On the forehead, nose, chin (T-zone), the pores are quite noticeable, although they are practically not visible on the cheeks;
- Bold gloss appears exclusively on the T-zone;
- Sometimes you have to deal with small acne contaminated with pores;
- In youth, acne and acne may appear on the combined skin, but in adulthood it is not prone to rapid fading, it looks young, fresh.
ATTENTION! Proper type determination is very important, because on its basis, proper care and protection is selected.
Cosmetologists say that changing the type is impossible. It is formed at the genetic level. The only thing that with the age of any of the types of the epidermis becomes drier and needs additional careful protection.
Survey: What is your skin type?
Total votes: 113. Total members: 113.
Oily skin care
- Adhere to a certain diet that allows you to control the work of the sebaceous glands: limit the consumption of chocolate, fatty, pepper, salty foods, smoked meats, coffee, alcoholic beverages. Add foods rich in vitamin B2;
- Try to avoid stress, because it provokes the appearance of oily shine. Take sedatives if necessary;
- If you have a fat type, change the pillowcase at least 2-3 times a week, because the bacteria that accumulate on it often cause irritation, acne on the face;
- Do not touch your face with dirty hands;
- Do not squeeze acne yourself to avoid the process of infection and the spread of infection over large areas;
- Always remove cosmetics before going to bed to open all the pores and allow the skin to breathe;
- To care for the fat type, use only specially designed for this cream, tonics, lotions. It is better if there is no alcohol in their composition, otherwise it can lead to dehydration of the skin.
Proper daily care
Care for oily skin should be at least 2-3 times during the day. Care guidelines have the following guidelines:
- It is necessary to wash with extremely cold or slightly warm water so as not to provoke the work of the sebaceous glands;
- Do not use soap, because it dries only the upper layers of the epidermis, causing inflammation;
- During cleansing, use a special delicate brush or a face smear, which provides deep penetration into the layers of the skin and high-quality removal of dirt.
It is strictly forbidden to strongly press and rub face, in order not to damage the epidermis and not to carry the infection.
Oily skin care is divided into 4 main stages: cleansing, toning, moisturizing, nutrition. Cleaning is carried out in the morning before applying makeup and in the evening to remove it. They do this using gels, mousses, special milk, which do not violate the acidity of the skin and are able to prepare it for the perception of moisturizing cream.
The next stage of care – toning, which is always carried out after cleaning. It removes the remnants of cleansing agents from the surface, moisturizes and improves the tone of the epidermis. Tonics that do not contain alcohol, resist the appearance of allergic reactions, irritation, tighten pores, normalize the acidity of the skin. After, it is important to apply a day or night moisturizer. It nourishes and protects against the effects of cosmetics, as well as cold wind, low temperatures in winter. In the summer, it is recommended to use gels that can repel harmful ultraviolet rays, because of which the skin is often dehydrated, becomes more sensitive, and is aging rapidly.
Before going to bed you need to apply a nourishing cream (on the face and on the neck). Do it for 2 hours before bedtime. If, after this time, not all the agent has been absorbed, its remains are removed with a soft cloth, gently blotting the face.
REFERENCE! Apply any nourishing, cleansing, moisturizing products should be only along the massage lines, moving from the center of the face to the auricle. Pay special attention to the area around the eyes, apply for this special creams.
Professional or self care
Professional care is provided in the cabin. It consists of such procedures:
- Exfoliate with fruit acids. Cleans the surface of the skin, improves skin tone, moisturizes, brightens, improves appearance, pores noticeably taper. By the time the peeling procedure lasts at least an hour, it is performed every 7 days. To achieve results, you will have to visit the salon at least 5 times;
- Soothing, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing treatments that can not only balance the skin, but also have a healing effect.
One of the modern methods for the care of oily skin is Korean care.
We should not forget also about home cleaning methods, caring for your face. Care at home involves the preparation of masks, scrubs, creams only from natural ingredients. Here are some recipes for the fat type:
- Soap with the addition of oatmeal. To do this, mix 100 g of baby soap (pre-grated), 100 g of herbal decoction (from chamomile, calendula, sage). Melt everything on low heat, stirring constantly, so that the mass does not burn. In a slightly cooled mixture add ground oatmeal (20 g), 5 g of lemon juice and almond oil, a few drops of essential oils. Pour everything into the mold and wait until the mass hardens;
- Prepare a scrub of fine sea salt and lemon juice. It should make a gruel, which gently wipe the face 1 time a day for 2 minutes;
- Prepare tonic from mint infused for 15 minutes. Add to the liquid 20 g of broth calendula, 10 g of lemon juice. Keep the tonic in the refrigerator.
The line of cosmetics, represented by various means in the form of masks, oils, emulsions, tonics, thermal water. After applying such remedies, the skin becomes really moisturized, the pores on the face narrow, the feeling of tightness, peeling, itching and allergies disappear.
French cosmetics is presented on the market by masks, creams, tonics, cleansing powders, gels. It is characterized by the excellent quality of its product, since it does not cause allergies, deeply cleanses, moisturizes, nourishes, and protects from harmful effects.
Care for problem skin
Regardless, oily, dry or normal skin, each of them can be considered problematic, its signs are:
- The presence of black dots in large quantities;
- Uneven layer of the epidermis;
- Permanent shine in the T-shaped area due to disruption of the sebaceous glands;
- Various inflammations caused by hormonal disruption or problems associated with digestion;
- Pigmentation disorders.
- Remove makeup with micellar water or special oil;
- Gentle cleansing with the help of gels, mousses, foams, not containing alcohol in the composition and not disturbing the water balance of the skin;
- Apply scrubs on the face if there are no lesions that gently clean the epidermis. Otherwise, apply tonic based on chamomile, sage;
- Moisturize face with creams, serums designed for dehydrated, dry or oily problem skin;
- No more than once or twice a week use cleansing masks.
Problem skin should not be washed more than twice a day – this can provoke excessive irritation due to an increase in its sensitivity. Never try to get rid of acne yourself by squeezing them, because it will lead to even more inflammation and, possibly, will cause a scar. Try to walk less under the scorching sun.
Use only those products, which will indicate that they are designed specifically for problem skin.
Among the store products, pay attention to the comprehensive Korean care. When choosing means individually: tonics, creams, gels, masks – try to give preference to one manufacturer.
Budget care involves the preparation of masks, creams and other products at home from inexpensive ingredients: cucumber, honey, onions, kefir, yogurt, potatoes, parsley. The task of such masks is to reduce inflammation, get rid of acne, dry some parts of the skin, as well as establish the work of the sebaceous glands.
Care for combination skin
This type needs much more care than oily and dry. In the presence of constantly enlarged pores, oily luster on the forehead, cheeks and pronounced peeling, dryness on the cheeks, it is worthwhile to go deliberately to care for combination skin.
The main rule of proper care for combination skin is the mandatory cleansing of cosmetics in the morning and evening. So, for oily, sensitive and combination skin, herbal decoctions are suitable, wiping the face with kefir, yogurt, and serum.
Clean the forehead, chin, nose with facial wash and a soft brush that is sold at the pharmacy. For the dry skin of the cheeks and the oily T-shaped zone, cucumber, tomato masks, homemade bran-based melons can be used, which can not only cleanse it, but also moisturize and protect it.
Proper care for combination skin, which consists of oily and dry areas, involves the use of products from the Korean care series or other tonics, creams, gels intended specifically for mixed type.
ATTENTION! In no case do not use soap and hot water for washing, because the sebaceous glands will work even more intensively.
For winter, choose a water-based cream, not fat. Means are suitable for summer, with a level of protection from ultraviolet rays of at least 6. All creams, tonics, and lotions should not contain alcohol and be hypoallergenic.
Survey: How do you care for your skin type?
Total votes: 26. Total participants: 26.
Dry skin care
Dry skin type is often characterized by hypersensitivity, because it lacks the normal amount of sebum, the lack of which leads to flaking, tightness, redness. Very dry skin often occurs due to improper or inadequate care, which results in early aging, the appearance of fine and then deep wrinkles.
- Do not purchase products that include alcohol. This will only increase the sensitivity of the epidermis;
- Give up the gel, foam for washing. Replace them with milk for dry skin. At home, prepare decoctions of chamomile, calendula, use aloe juice;
- As cleansing scrubs, acquire only those that contain small, soft granules that are not capable of injuring the skin;
- It is forbidden to use fruit acids, film masks, because they stretch delicate dry skin, irritate it;
- Pay attention to products containing ceramides, unsaturated fatty acids. Their task is to restore the lipid balance.
Daily care should consist of applying cosmetics from the Korean Care series or specially selected products for dry skin. It can be a cream with collagen, elastane, quickly absorbed, creating a protective film on the surface of the face. Creams and remedies should contain vitamins, antioxidants, extracts of grape seed, algae, oats.
Night cream should be as nutritious and fat as possible. It may contain aloe, algae extracts, vitamin A, E, ceramides. Apply the cream 2 hours before bedtime with a thick ball. After 10 minutes, the excess funds gently blot with a napkin.
Care for normal skin
The normal type does not require special care skills. Daily care for her consists of the following steps:
- Clean your face with foams, gels, milk, washing with cool water. Sometimes replace the washing process by rubbing the face with pieces of ice. Do not forget about deep cleansing with peels;
- Use tonics that perfectly tone up, tighten the skin, make it more healthy. Instead of store products using decoctions of chamomile, linden, mint;
- Moisturize face creams, purchased masks or hand-made with the addition of fruits, oils, dairy products;
- Protect it with products with UV filters or moisturizing agents. The choice of such tools depends on the time of year and weather conditions. Apply the cream at least 30 minutes before going out, to enable them to fully absorb into the skin and begin to act.
Before purchasing any skin care products, do not forget to determine its type. If necessary, ask for help from a beautician. He will select the necessary tools for your type and tell you how to properly care for her at different times of the year.
Skin care after peeling
Peeling is a procedure after which redness, peeling, itching and other unpleasant consequences can occur quite often. To get rid of them as quickly as possible and speed up the recovery period, you should be aware of what post-peeling care includes:
- On the first day after the procedure, do not wash with water, do not touch your face with your hands, avoid direct sunlight, do not apply cream on your skin;
- In the next 3 days try to be less often on the street, do not use fatty creams, do not play sports;
- Until the person regains his normal color and structure again, do not go to the sauna, bath, do not put on tonal foundations, make-up on the skin, do not use scrubs, masks.
In process of restoration, the cosmetician will allow to use the moisturizing gels, fluids, serums, balms, and then already creams. At this stage, it is better to choose products for sensitive skin in order to avoid possible additional redness and allergic reactions.
Care after retinoic peeling also implies a complete rejection of decorative cosmetics, hair coloring, perms. Use only anti-inflammatory drugs. Their composition should include shea butter, horse chestnut extract, panthenol. 4 days after the procedure, a mask with lactic acid and cranberry enzymes is allowed to be applied on the face.
If you avoid contact with direct sunlight is not possible, apply a cream with maximum protective factors (30 and above). It is better not to spend the procedure in summer and winter, because a strong hot or cold wind will only irritate your already damaged skin.
Care in autumn and winter
Autumn and winter for all skin types is a big stress, it is during this period that the person is exposed to cold weather and strong wind. Winter care should include products aimed mainly at moisturizing the epidermis. This is due to the fact that much of the time has to be in a room with overdried air, from which the skin suffers no less than from the outside air temperature.
In winter, you should use creams with a high percentage of moisture. Cosmetologists advise to apply them not in the morning, but in the evening. That is how the tool will begin to penetrate deep into the layers of the skin and will act much more efficiently.
IMPORTANT! The basic rule of winter care – after applying a moisturizer, you do not need to go out at least for the next two hours.
On the process of cleansing the face should pay special attention. Habitual tonics in the fall and winter can cause a feeling of tightness and dryness. Experts advise to replace them with facial wash, as well as apply scrubs with small particles. So you will never scratch or damage the already dry surface of the skin.
In the autumn, the face should be protected with creams with a high degree of protection against ultraviolet rays. This figure can not be less than 15, because the sun with the arrival of cold weather is sometimes even more aggressive than in the heat. Refuse to use soap and tonics, which include alcohol. The best alternative is thermal water. Do not forget about the nourishing masks, herbal decoctions, moisturizing tonic and creams.
Spring and summer care
In summer and spring, you need to care for the skin of the face, depending on its type. At the same time, there are basic features characteristic of these seasons:
- Enter in the daily diet more fresh vegetables, fruits;
- Apply light peels, exfoliating scrubs;
- Wash herbal tea, boiled water, special means in the form of foam, milk;
- Clean your face from makeup before bedtime;
- Protect your skin from harmful sunlight. In this case, help containing hyaluronic acid, a high level of SPF protection.
After the summer, gradually change the sunscreen to a more suitable for the autumn period. Do not forget about the masks, moisturizers that will not allow the process of drying.
Overview of the Korean Care System
The Korean skin care system involves the application of funds in stages – this provides the best cleansing of the epidermis, as well as its protection from harmful factors.
ATTENTION! Korean Multistage face care is contraindicated for girls with oily skin.
To achieve good results from these procedures, you need to be prepared to spend much more time than usual. In addition, you need to purchase the entire set of necessary cosmetics, consisting of gels, foams, lotions, serum, emulsion and milk.
Korean care is carried out according to this scheme:
- Cleansing with the aid of a scum, oil or cream. Allows you to remove all dirt, makeup;
- Applying to the face toner, which until the end cleanses the skin of impurities, slightly moisturizes it, perfectly teiiziruet, gives a beautiful, healthy appearance;
- Skin enrichment with the help of essence, without the use of which further preparations will not have a proper effect on the skin;
- The distribution on the face of the emulsion. It has a bit of a stinging structure. Perfectly moisturizes, refreshes, protects against harmful factors;
- The cream protects against moisture loss, controls the sebaceous glands. Many of these creams can only be used before bedtime, because they regenerate the skin, as well as moisturize as much as possible.
Regular use of Korean cosmetics means that the skin of the face noticeably improves its condition, becomes healthier and more attractive.