Often, after acne on the skin there are other unattractive defects – spots.
And if you manage to get rid of acne with proper treatment in a few months, the spots can remain on the skin for up to a year.
Let us see why there are unaesthetic skin defects, and how to get rid of blemishes after acne on the face and body.
- All information on this site is for informational purposes only and DOES NOT A Manual for action!
- Put an accurate diagnosis you can only a DOCTOR!
- We urge you not to self-medicate, but register with a specialist!
- Health to you and your family!
The appearance of acne is indicative of an inflammatory process in the skin.
Inflammation is always accompanied by increased production of dark pigment melanin. And the stronger the inflammation, the more intense the pigment is produced, and the more difficult it is to get rid of the stain later.
The main causes of stains are:
- squeezing pimple;
- infection of the inflamed hearth;
- delayed or incorrect treatment of inflammatory processes in the skin;
- excessive exposure of the skin to ultraviolet radiation (sunlight, tanning beds);
- severe forms of acne, affecting the deep layers of the dermis or occurring with the defeat of large areas of skin, the formation of purulent acne, boils.
Photo: severe acne
In some cases, traces of acne disappear on their own, in others – ugly stagnant spots appear on the skin.
Their formation is influenced by the type and natural shade of the skin, age, season of the year when acne was treated, the drugs used and the methods used, and the body’s predisposition to hyperpigmentation.
Spots and marks of acne can be of different shades:
- pale pink – appear after small spots, pass independently literally in 1 day;
- red – formed immediately after a deep inflamed focus;
Photo: red marks after eels
- from dark red to burgundy – occur in the late stages of healing;
- dark blue, brown or almost black – indicate that the epidermis has not recovered normally.
How to get rid of acne spots
You can get rid of excessive pigmentation on the skin:
- beauty treatments;
- folk remedies.
Positive feedback can be found on each of the methods of treatment.
As for the time to get rid of skin defects, it all depends on the method chosen, the degree of pigmentation and the causes of blemishes, skin type and its ability to regenerate, age and other features.
A visit to a cosmetologist is the most reliable way to quickly get rid of the effects of acne.
Photo: beautician will choose the best method of lightening skin
The specialist will correctly assess the complexity of the problem and select the best way to eliminate skin defects.
Usually in the cosmetology salon for the removal of dark spots spend peels:
- laser (otherwise grinding);
- mechanical (aka dermabrasion);
- median or deep chemical.
Photo: Multi Acid Peeling
The procedures thin the surface layer of the skin, promote its exfoliation.
To remove a large number of spots and irregularities resort to laser or mechanical grinding. These are quite painful methods, which are carried out under local anesthesia, and rehabilitation after them can last six months.
Such methods of exposure are recommended to get rid of stagnant spots that are not amenable to other methods of therapy.
Photo: Postacne laser removal
To combat excessive pigmentation, beauticians usually recommend creams that include:
- hydroquinone – possesses a powerful whitening effect, helps to eliminate stagnant blue, brown and black spots, however, if used too often, it can provoke skin cancer;
- mercury – an effective remedy against stains, but before applying it you need to test for sensitivity (often causes allergies);
- arbutin and kojic acid – inhibit the production of melanin, have a slight peeling effect.
Spots that remain on the skin after rashes can also be eliminated with simple and affordable medications. It:
- salicylic alcohol;
- salicylic or zinc ointment;
- heparin ointment;
Video: “How to get rid of acne marks”
At home, remove stains and marks help:
- peeling procedures;
- essential oils;
- lotions, rubbing and washing with herbal decoction and other natural remedies;
- natural masks.
For home chemical peels used:
- AHA acids (water soluble) – lactic, malic, glycolic, succinic and other fruit acids are optimal for dry, thin and excessively sensitive skin;
- BHA acids (fat soluble) – salicylic acid is suitable for fatty skin types.
These compounds are part of the ready-made mixtures for peeling.
What to do if there was a white pimple on the gums of a baby? Find out here.
But you need to buy products intended for home use, and not for cosmetologists – professional means can burn the skin.
When self-peeling ANA with acids, it is important to follow a number of rules:
- use compounds with an acid concentration of not more than 25%;
- keep the tool no longer than 10-15 minutes;
- after the procedure, treat the skin with a sunscreen (SPF not lower than 30), even if it is overcast;
- 3–4 procedures in the first week, then 1–2 sessions every 7 days;
- during the peeling, monitor the skin reaction (slight tingling and redness – this is normal, but with strong burning and itching, the procedure should be stopped);
- before the first peeling to test for allergies – to treat the skin on the elbow (if redness, irritation, itching does not occur, you can apply the composition on the face).
For peeling, you can use ready-made tools or self-prepared formulations based on fruits and berries.
- A glass of pineapple pulp, ½ cup of papaya pulp, 54 g of liquid honey (if necessary, pre-melt). Action time – 3-5 minutes.
- A glass of pineapple pulp, the flesh of one banana and one kiwi fruit. Action time – 15 minutes.
- A glass of grated red currant, ½ cup of crushed sour grapes. Action – 20 minutes.
- On 48 ml of olive and rosehip oil, 10 ml of lemon juice. Apply the mixture in the form of heat for 5-7 minutes.
Photo: peeling with aspirin will remove inflammation and lighten skin
- Salicylic acid. 30% solution is processed previously cleaned skin, after 10 minutes, the composition is removed. A soothing cream, sunscreen is applied on the face. During the procedure, you may feel a slight tingling.
- Acetylsalicylic acid. Grind aspirin into powder (3 tablets), add 5 ml of herbal extract (chamomile, calendula). When the powder is converted into granules, add 6 g of honey. Apply to the skin, hold for 3-5 minutes. After the procedure, a slight redness and peeling of the skin.
Badyaga is a medicine made from freshwater sponge badyagi.
It is an inexpensive, but very effective remedy for blemishes and scars like a peeling.
Photo: cooking mask from badyagi
Badyag is a part of various creams and ointments, but to remove the spots after acne on the face, on the back and other parts of the body, it is better to use powder according to one of the recipes.
- Powder (15 g) diluted with boric alcohol or hydrogen peroxide (5 ml). To put structure on problem zones, to wash away in 15 minutes.
- Mix equal amounts of powder badyagi and white clay, diluted with peroxide to a creamy consistency. Apply spot on pigment spots, rinse with warm water after 10-15 minutes.
Badyaga can cause quite a strong burning sensation and redness, and therefore is not recommended for people with excessively sensitive skin.
If, after applying the product, the skin is very flaky, you can treat your face with castor oil or another natural moisturizer.
Badyagu can not be applied to the skin with mechanical damage (scratches, abrasions, cuts), it is undesirable to apply the tool in the summer.
Photo: essential oils whiten the skin
- Rosemary oil. Helps to whiten dark marks from acne, is used to treat problem areas several times a day.
- Tea tree oil. Used to wipe the skin in pure form, or mixed with lemon juice (taken in equal amounts).
- Lavender oil, neroli. Mix 3 drops of oil, apply to the centers of pigmentation daily.
- Multicomponent blend. In a teaspoon of olive oil, add a drop of mint, clove, lavender oil, 2 drops of rosemary oil. Apply several times a day.
Before using any essential oil or a mixture must be tested on the skin of the elbow bend.
If the symptoms of allergies (redness, irritation, rash, itching) does not occur, you can apply the tool on the face.
A little brighten and even out the skin tone will help the following recipes.
Photo: rubbed with ice cubes with herbs will give skin freshness
- Cosmetic ice from parsley decoction. A bunch of chopped greens pour a glass of boiling water, insist, strain, freeze. Daily rubbing of the face in the morning and in the evening with such a remedy not only brightens, but also tones the skin.
- Almond oil. Applied to the skin daily massaging movements, helps to remove spots and marks after acne on the legs, back, face.
- Apple vinegar. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 3 tablespoons of water. Ready to wipe problem areas daily. For rubbing, you can also use lemon juice, diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 3, or pure tomato juice.
- Alcohol tincture of Hypericum. Pour a glass of alcohol 2 tablespoons of the herb St. John’s wort, insist 10 days in a cool dark place. Apply dotted tincture to problem areas twice a day.
Alcohol tinctures strongly dry the skin and are not suitable for people over 25 years old.
Herbal decoctions help to get rid of single fresh red spots:
- licorice (due to the constituents of phenols and organic acids);
- yarrow (due to the high content of flavonoids that inhibit melanin synthesis);
- bearberry (powerful whitening effect due to the presence of hydroquinone in the grass, organic acids, arbutin).
The method of cooking broths is the same: a tablespoon of grass is poured with a glass of boiling water, boiled for 10 minutes, infused and filtered.
Prepared spots are wiped daily, 2-3 times a day.
Photo: white clay mask
- With green clay. Dissolve a tablespoon of clay with a small amount of water, add 3-4 drops of rosemary oil.
- Based on white clay. Mix a tablespoon of white clay, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and a little water – a creamy mass should turn out. The mask has pronounced bleaching properties, helps to remove even dark brown spots from the skin.
- Cinnamon. A teaspoon of cosmetic clay (white or green) mixed with the same amount of cinnamon, add water to make a thick mass. A similar effect has a mixture of equal amounts of honey and cinnamon.
- Egg and lemon. In protein, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Paraffin. Melt the paraffin wax in a water bath, apply with a cotton swab to skin defects and, after hardening, carefully remove. Lubricate the skin with a moisturizing and nourishing cream.
Mask with cinnamon and paraffin is contraindicated to apply if the face has a spider vein.
Photo: Egg-lemon mask dries out the rash and reduces the oily skin
All products are spotted on the marks left by acne.
The duration of the mask with cinnamon is 20-25 minutes, the remaining funds should be kept on the face for no longer than 10-15 minutes.
The frequency of the procedure is determined by the type of skin:
- fatty – at least 3-4 procedures per week;
- normal – 2-3 times a week;
- sensitive, thin, dry – once in 7 days.
How to remove scars
Dark spots are quite easy to treat, unlike scars, which can also remain after acne.
Scars and scars can be removed:
Photo: drug injections in problem areas
- using cosmetology procedures (laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, chemical peeling, mesotherapy);
- drugs (Kontraktubeks, Mederma, Fermencol, Kelofebraza, silicone gels, creams plates – Dermatiks, Kelo-Kot, Spenko);
- folk remedies (aloe juice, beeswax, vitamin E, almond oil, lemon and vinegar wipes, whitening masks, badyaga).
Folk remedies help to get rid of the recently appeared small scars, located on the same level with the skin surface.
Large old skin defects are removed by cosmetic procedures.
In order not to think about how to get rid of acne stains, it is better to prevent their appearance:
- correctly and promptly treat acne;
- do not squeeze out the inflamed lesions;
- use sunscreen with an SPF above 25;
- to maintain hygiene, regularly care for the skin.
In the network you can find many positive and negative reviews about each method of dealing with post-acne.
Photo: post-acne treatment review
It is necessary to understand that in each case the results are individual, depend on many factors – the means or method used, the experience of the cosmetologist, the patient’s characteristics (age, body susceptibility, skin type and its ability to recover, intensity of metabolic processes in the dermis).
You can get rid of acne spots in various ways.
Fresh traces lend themselves well to any treatment method and pass quickly.
It is also possible to get rid of blue and brown stagnation spots, but it will take more time – from several months to six months.
Does Acne Toothpaste Help? Find out here.
How to apply celandine acne? Read on.
Therefore, for everyone the most effective method of eliminating spots and acne is your own.