With a thorough examination of the woman in most cases you can find several pathological conditions at once. This is due to the fact that many gynecological diseases entail a change in the general hormonal background, if, of course, it has not yet been disturbed before. Mastopathy and endometriosis are a common combination of diagnoses. What is common in these diseases and how to behave when detecting ailments?
Read in this article.
Causes of disease
Endometriosis and mastopathy at first glance have different causes and nature. Indeed, it is, but still you can find points of contact.
The true causes and mechanisms of the development of pathology are not fully understood. Accordingly, there are no effective ways to treat the disease, and all therapy consists only in creating a short remission.
It is believed that in some way (hematogenous, lymphogenous, through the fallopian tubes and
And the second is their rejection: exudate and endometrial cells, located in an atypical place, do not have a way to leave the body (as is the case with menstruation). As a result, neighboring structures and nerve endings are irritated, pain appears, sometimes it is unbearable.
If the endometrium penetrates deep into the muscle layer of the uterus, its “honeycomb” change is formed. As a result, these foci are long emptied, and daubing occurs on the eve of and after menstruation. Endometrioid cysts form on the cervix and
Pathological and altered cells can migrate much further than to the genitals. There are cases of endometrial foci in the brain, liver and other structures. But most often the intestine is affected, especially the rectum. At the same time, a woman during periods or on the eve of them experiences penetrating, “dagger” pain in the anus.
It is established that endometriosis is “sensitive” to the general deficiency of sex hormones, which is observed in menopause, and all symptoms of the disease disappear. Also, regression occurs when taking gestagens – hormones of the second phase of the menstrual cycle. Physiologically, this can be observed during pregnancy.
The mammary glands reflect the condition of not only the hormonal background of the woman, but also the general level of health. The main role is given to the lack of gestagens, an excess of estrogen and prolactin. An imbalance in their ratio leads to an uneven growth of the glandular or fibrous components of the breast tissue. As a result, nodes, fibroadenomas, cysts and
The fact is that estrogens are responsible for the formation of new lobules (acini), ducts, stimulate the blood supply of cells and the accumulation of water. And prolactin enhances this effect on the mammary glands. As a result, in this way, normal preparation of the lactation process occurs after childbirth.
In the usual, non-pregnant state, progestogens inhibit this stimulating effect of estrogens on breast tissue. They contribute to the further differentiation of the resulting structures.
Thus, despite the fact that the problems of the mammary glands and endometrial foci are different for their reasons, the comprehensive treatment of mastopathy and endometriosis includes a single approach. Namely, progestins are prescribed for a long period. In the case of mastopathy, they will balance the balance between them and estrogen. And with endometriosis, progestogens will cause a decrease in foci, up to complete regression of small areas. An example of such a drug is Vizanna, there are also intrauterine devices with similar hormonal effects.
Symptoms of the presence of pathologies
The clinical picture of endometriosis and mastopathy also has different manifestations. The only thing that unites them is pain syndrome. If you have problems with the mammary glands, there are unpleasant feelings (mastalgia), engorgement on the eve of menstruation.
At the same time, foci of endometriosis can cause varying degrees of unpleasant syndrome – from minor pulling pain in the lower abdomen to acute, “dagger”, intolerable sensations. Also characterized by dyspareunia (soreness) during sexual intercourse.
All the symptoms of pathology are most often expressed several days before and after menstruation. The main ones are:
- Abundant and often irregular periods. In most cases, this is accompanied by adenomyosis – damage to the muscle layer of the uterus. In this case, the disease provokes the formation of polyps, endometrial hyperplasia. As a result, the woman notes abundant, often with clots monthly throughout all critical days. Against the background of hormonal drugs, a significant improvement is observed.
- Spotting on the eve and after menstruation. This is due to a longer emptying of endometrial foci located in the wall of the uterus, cervix, vagina. And often it is dark, almost black daub.
- Endometriosis can cause infertility. due to violation of the patency of the fallopian tubes, problems with ovulation and some other reasons. As well as with adenomyosis, problems with gestation in most cases appear, such women suffer from numerous miscarriages at different periods.
This pathology of the mammary glands is characterized by the following symptom complexes:
- Mastodynia – increase and engorgement of the mammary glands. The process is due to the fact that elevated levels of estrogen stimulate fluid retention in the body, including its accumulation in the tissues of the body, which causes swelling and pain (mastalgia).
- Discharge from the nipples, which appear in most cases only with pressure. The nature of the secret can be transparent, cloudy, with a yellowish, greenish tint or even an admixture of blood. In any case, similar symptoms may be present in malignant tumors. Therefore, additional examination is always necessary to clarify the diagnosis.
- Heterogeneity of the mammary glands. They define various strains, seals, sometimes they have a clear contour (fibroadenomas).
A significant role in the diagnosis of endometriosis and fibrocystic mastopathy is assigned to the clinical picture of diseases. It is based on this plan for further examination and treatment.
Look at the video about mastopathy:
The main methods for detecting endometriosis are as follows:
Also, laparoscopy makes it possible to cauterise areas, remove cysts, check the patency of the fallopian tubes and many other procedures. As a result, the woman receives both diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis of mastopathy includes more conservative methods. These include:
Only after a complete diagnosis and determination of the prevalence of the process endometriosis and mastopathy are treated. In most cases, it is conservative.
In case of mastopathy, removal of fibroadenomas or cysts can be performed, sectoral resection of the organ. In endometriosis, preference is given to laparoscopy or hysteroscopy with cauterization of pathological foci and subsequent hormonal treatment.
Conservative treatment of two pathologies has common features and groups of drugs, since the goal of both is to normalize the hormonal background of a woman. The following groups of drugs are used:
- Vitamin therapy, especially groups B, A, E. The fact is that they have an effect on the woman’s body, like gestagens. With long-term use can improve menstrual function, reduce the appearance of pathologies.
- Painkillers, antispasmodic drugs to eliminate pain.
- Hormonal agents. These may be conventional contraceptives with an estrogen and progestin component. And also popular for treatment in such situations mini-drank. They contain only gestagenny component. “Duphaston”, “Byzanna” and the like are used. In more complex situations, pituitary releasing hormone agonists and antagonists are prescribed (Buserelin, for example).
We recommend reading the article on hormones for mastopathy. From it you will learn about the hormones necessary for the treatment of the disease, diagnosis and treatment of mastitis.
Endometriosis and mastopathy, the connection between which is not always visible, have common measures to prevent progression and onset. The main points include the following:
- avoidance of various gynecological diseases of an inflammatory nature, if possible;
- healthy lifestyle, weight control, proper and balanced diet;
- at least 2 – 3 births, prolonged breastfeeding, and the use of hormonal contraceptives as a contraceptive;
- avoiding intrauterine devices, including abortions, scraping, and
Despite the various causes and symptoms of diseases, they have much in common in treatment and prevention. Therefore, you can hear how a woman notes that when endometriosis cured, mastopathy also passed.
Is it possible to have coffee with mastopathy and what are the limitations? . Mastopathy and endometriosis: how complex is performed.
Mastopathy as a condition of the mammary glands, in which the risk of development increases. Mastopathy and endometriosis: how complex is performed.
Most often, mastopathy occurs in polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis, uterine fibroadenoma and