The reproductive system is a rather complicated mechanism. Sometimes it is very difficult to notice symptoms requiring treatment. In addition, not all women are responsible for their own health, which leads to sad consequences. All women who have reached the age of 16 must visit a gynecologist at least once a year.
One of the most common pathologies – do not end monthly. It is worth sounding the alarm if they go more than 10-14 days. In normal menstruation lasts about a week. Otherwise, it is no longer just a discharge, and you can talk about bleeding.
Is there a threat?
There is no doubt. Long-playing periods are dangerous because a woman loses a lot of blood, which causes anemia.
Low hemoglobin levels pose much greater problems than dizziness and shortness of breath. You can not postpone the visit to the doctor and wait for the monthly ended, if there are clots and severe pain.
Sometimes a woman may not even suspect that fertilization has occurred. In this case, prolonged menstruation can become a symptom of miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy or other pathologies. If blood flow increases, immediately call an ambulance.
It is also worth guarding if the monthly only started and immediately ended.
What could be the reason?
The reasons why this problem may appear are quite diverse, but they highlight a number of the most common ones:
- Spiral. When a spiral is recently installed on a woman, the body can give that answer. He is trying to reject the foreign body with the help of bleeding. If the situation is not getting better, perhaps this method of contraception does not suit you;
- Oral contraceptives. In the first few months of their admission, monthly periods can be abundant. Most likely, the doctor will say not to interrupt the course, but you need to be observed. If menstruation is not normal, then you should change the contraceptives to others. The doctor should prescribe them after the examination;
- Hormonal disbalance. Most often this happens during puberty, when menstruation has just begun. During the year, the amount of bleeding may vary;
- Thyroid problems. Its activity may also affect the reproductive system. The gynecologist will refer you to an endocrinologist, you will need to be examined;
- Blood clotting disorders. With such ailments, platelet production is reduced, which leads to menstrual irregularities and abundant secretions;
- Adenomyosis. It is characterized by the fact that the endometrium grows into muscle mass;
- Polyps. This pathology may occur due to hormonal disorders and leads to the development of endometrial hyperplasia;
- Myoma. If menstruation continues for two weeks, this may indicate fibroids or uterine cancer. The doctor must make an ultrasound and keep the situation under control.
These are by no means all the reasons that a woman’s question can cause: “What should I do if my period does not end?”. It is necessary to understand that it is impossible to turn a blind eye to this – the problem will not be solved by itself. Careless attitude fraught with serious complications. Menstruation is one of the criteria for evaluating a woman’s health.
What to do?
In no case can self-medicate. Only a specialist can make a decision and choose the appropriate therapy. As a rule, uterine bleeding stops Vikasolom or Dotsinonom. But you can take them only after ultrasound.
We can assume that the course of the menstrual cycle is normal, if it meets the following criteria:
- Its duration is 20-35 days, but not more than 45 days;
- It has a regular cyclical nature;
- Total blood loss is no more than 150 ml;
- There is no strong pain;
- A woman does not feel unwell and weak.
During menstruation, it is necessary to limit physical exertion, to abandon the bath and sauna.
If there is an opportunity, you can switch to easy work for this time. Such a measure is justified if a woman has to do heavy labor.
Food during menstruation should be correct, and the diet – balanced. Avoid fatty foods, smoked meats, when cooking, use the minimum amount of salt.
Since during this period the woman’s body is more vulnerable, it is necessary to follow all the rules of personal hygiene, change linen. In order not to carry the infection, you need to give up swimming in the water and the pool, douching. Sexual contact is also better to limit in order to reduce the risk of infection in the vagina.
It will be easier for a woman to recognize the alarming symptoms if she knows when her menstruation usually begins and ends, how many days the cycle lasts.
Of course, one cannot do without a specialist’s examination, but there are popular methods that stop uterine bleeding:
- Reduces the amount of discharge and relieves the pain of horsetail decoction. 200 ml of water, take a tablespoon of raw materials and hold on a water bath for 15 minutes. It is necessary to accept 50 ml twice a day;
- Mix in equal quantities the leaves of raspberry, strawberry, oak bark, yarrow and cinquefoil goose. Fill them with boiling water and leave for several hours. Drink 50 ml three times a day, before meals.
Remember that these methods are just an addition to the basic treatment that the doctor must prescribe.
Prolonged periods may indicate various diseases. Find out the exact cause can only be an expert. A woman should be wary even when her periods have already ended, and the discharge is still continuing.
If you wait until the situation resolves itself, you risk not only your health, but also your life.