Essential oils are widely used in cosmetology, alternative medicine, massage and relaxation procedures. This product is not just sold in very small bubbles. This type of oil is very concentrated, therefore, in order not to get burned with essential oil, it is necessary to use the extract with great care.
Essential oils should be carefully metered, adding them to the cream or other cosmetics drop by drop. In no case can not apply the oil extract on the skin in its pure form, especially on the face. If you do not comply with these requirements, you can get a burn of the face, which is difficult to treat, and the damaged area of the skin is poorly restored.
Using orange essential oil, you should consider this feature: do not use it in sunny weather. The extract is able to attract and enhance the concentration of sunlight, which is accompanied by an increase in oil temperature. This may cause burns.
Cinnamon oil has its own characteristics when used. Before applying it is necessary to check its portability on a small area of skin. Even if you are well tolerated you can not use this extract for a long time.
Essential oils usually cause first degree burns. Symptoms are redness, allergic reactions, itching and the appearance of small bubbles. Burning with essential oil is tricky in another: with careless treatment of the blisters on the skin, you can carry an infection. If this happens, treatment and restoration of the skin can be significantly delayed.
[adrotate banner = ”4 ″] What should I do with oil burns, with a large area of the burned surface? First aid in this situation should be provided immediately. It should be remembered that the dense hot oil, remaining on the skin, keeps its temperature for a very long time, and at this time the burn extends not only to visible skin areas, but also deep into the epidermis.
Stages of first aid for burns:
- Immediately place the part of the body with the burned place under the stream of cold water.. If there is no running water, it is necessary to fill the container with cold water and lower the affected part of the body there. If this is not possible, wet a clean cloth and attach it to the burned area.
- The use of ice is strictly prohibited. The process of destruction of tissue cells from this can accelerate.
- If you experience pain, you should take painkillers.
After first aid, further decisions should be made based on the results of observation of the injured: consult a doctor or continue treatment at home.
Traditional medicine – effective assistants
In most cases, burns in the first-aid kit do not have the necessary tools, but the ingredients from the popular recipe are always on hand. It goes without saying that this does not apply to burns of extreme severity, it is necessary to consult a doctor with them.
Folk remedies can only be used after the first emergency. Consider the most popular ones:
- Raw potato grate. Without squeezing out the released liquid, put a mass on the affected area so that the potato cake covers it completely and slightly captures the healthy skin.
- Mix in one mass egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of sour cream and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Cover with a mixture of burns, cover with a sterile dressing. This tool can be used 1 time per day.
- Mix grated potatoes (100 grams) with 1 teaspoon of honey. Attach to the wound, then fix with a sterile dressing. This mush can be applied several times a day.
- Brew black or green tea. Cool it to a temperature below room temperature. Moisten sterile cotton wool or gauze in liquid and keep the dressing until it is completely dry, repeat the procedure several times a day.
- You can cut the aloe leaf or kalanchoe, wash it well, cut it lengthwise and apply a burn to the wet part. Secure with a sterile dressing or bandage.
- Cabbage will be a great tool. Leaf plants should be washed and wound to the affected place.
- Ordinary baking soda will help to remove strong pain. It is necessary to cool the skin well, moistened with water. Then gently fill the affected place with soda.
- A very effective, but rather complicated method is the use of raw eggs. It should be carefully broken, remove the contents, separate the white thin film that protects the shell, and attach to the site of the burn.
- A wonderful remedy in the treatment of burns will be decoction of hypericum, blueberries or oak bark. A tablespoon of vegetable raw materials is poured 200-250 ml of boiling water, kept in a water bath for 10 minutes. After cooling the product must be carefully filtered.
To accelerate healing, you can use the ointment prepared according to popular recipes. They can be used only for first-degree burns affecting no more than 10% of the skin.
- The butter melted to a liquid state should be mixed with propolis tincture in a ratio of 10 to 1. Then cool. The resulting ointment is applied to the place of the burn.
- Melt the butter (30 grams) and beeswax (10 grams). Chill. Apply to the affected skin 2 times a day.
- Boil whole black elderberry leaves in milk. Apply leaves to the site of the lesion, changing the bandage every hour.
Applying any folk remedy, it is important to remember about the purity of the components and the sterility of dressings.