The onset of cold weather, increased mental and physical activity make us pay extra attention to the state of our immunity. In this case, the “old” and “good” remedy is an indispensable assistant – fish oil.
Today we are with the magazine
The content of the article:
Composition of fish oil – what vitamins are contained in fish oil?
It is believed that the pharmacist from Norway, Peter Meller, who popularized fish oil as an additional resource for restoring the body, brought fame to fish oil. Fish oil – animal fat, a unique and irreplaceable natural product, contained largely in the marine fish of the world ocean – mackerel, herring and other fatty fish. The main benefits of fish oil lies in its unique composition:
- vitamin A
- vitamin d
Consider the benefits of each substance separately:
- Omega-3Increases the ability to expand blood vessels, reduces the risk of blood clots, which produce prostaglandins necessary to trigger anti-inflammatory action in the body, accelerates the body’s recovery processes, restores muscles, reduces stress cortisone, improves skin and normalizes blood pressure. The source of omega-3 as food is flaxseed oil, in addition to fish oil.
- Vitamin AIt improves metabolism, plays a significant role in immunity, controls skin and mucous membranes, protects the body from the harmful effects of free radicals and cancer, is also necessary to maintain good vision.
- Vitamin DResponsible for the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, necessary for the construction of bone tissue.
- AntioxidantsThey help protect organs and tissues from the effects of aggressive radicals, and can also prevent the destructive effect of free radicals on the cells of organisms, slowing down the processes of their aging.
The significance of fish oil depends mainly on fat; the remaining components are iodine, bromine and phosphorus, bile pigments and salts, Contained in small quantities incapable of achieving therapeutic effects.
The benefits of fish oil, indications for use – to whom and how is fish oil useful?
General recommendations for obtaining fish oil from food – two servings of fatty marine fish per week.
Athenian scientists made observations on a group of subjects aged 18-90 years and concluded that regular consumption of fatty fish varieties will help avoid problems with the cardiovascular system.
Scientists from Boston confirmed the data of colleagues and commented on the results of research, giving priority to fish with dark meat – sardinia and mackerel.
Scientists from the University of Sydney released information that children who regularly eat fish or fish oil are less susceptible to asthma than their peers.
It is proved that the lack of a sufficient amount of omega-3 in the body leads to memory loss. Fish oil lowers blood cholesterol and normalizes the digestive tract, stimulating weight loss. Thus, fish oil is useful for those people who want to lose weight and maintain body weight in stable parameters.
Separately, it is worth noting that fish oil increases serotonin in the body – this is the hormone of happiness.
Recall that fish oil is mainly used for prevention, rather than for treatment.
The daily rate of fish oil for adults and children, the main sources of fish oil
Fish oil in its original form is a thick consistency of a light yellow / reddish tint, characterized by a characteristic fishy smell and taste. In childhood, mothers fed us fish oil from spoons, but now everything has become much easier – it is easy to buy it in a pharmacy in capsules. Such capsules perfectly preserve properties and protect fish oil from the effects of oxidation, somewhat reducing its “special” taste and smell.
Doctors recommend fish oil in the treatment of certain diseases:
- vitamin A and D deficiency in the body,
- eye disease treatment
- dry skin and mucous membranes,
- to strengthen the protective functions of immunity,
- poor hair and nails,
- with memory impairment and depression,
- for the treatment of wounds and burns (local application).
General tips on taking fish oil for children and adults
- Intake of fish oil should be during or after meals.
- The norm for admission to an adult – in quantity 15 ml or 1000-2000 mg per day, it is about equal 2-4 capsules 500mg each. Reception should be divided 2-3 times a day.
- Pediatricians sometimes prescribe fish oil to children; from the first month of life, the dose should not exceed 3x / 5 drops twice a day. By one year the quantity can be increased. up to 0.5 / 1 tsp per day, and by two years – up to two teaspoons. After 3 years, children can take 2-3 times a day dessert spoon of fat, and at 7 years old 2-3 times a day in a tablespoon.
- The most expensive, especially valuable and high quality is considered salmon oil.
- You can continuously take fish oil 3-4 weeks, then take a break.
- The ideal time to receive – from September to May.
- Store fish oil only in the refrigerator.
Fish oil – contraindications, is it possible to overdose with fish oil?
Fish have a peculiarity to accumulate in the body some toxic substances – mercury, dioxins and others. Therefore, the content is possible a certain amount of toxins in fish oil.
However, the benefits of fish oil are significantly higher than the damage it can cause – unless, of course, taking it. according to regulations, and enjoy only quality drugs. Due to the intake of fish oil may decrease blood clotting and increase vitamin A, therefore, fish oil should always be taken at a normal rate, and before use, it is imperative to consult a doctor, especially if you have any disease.
Contraindications to the use of fish oil
- allergic reactions
- high blood levels of calcium
- hypervitaminosis D,
- the presence of stones in the urinary and biliary tract,
- pulmonary tuberculosis,
- chronic renal failure
Fish oil should be taken with caution.
- organic heart disease,
- chronic liver and kidney diseases,
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- duodenal ulcer,
- during pregnancy and lactation,
- elderly people.
Before taking fish oil, be sure to consult with your doctor!
Now a sufficient amount of fish oil from various manufacturers is represented in the pharmacy market. It is not necessary to choose the most expensive or the cheapest. Go online and read customer reviews one manufacturer or another, and make the right choice.
Read carefully the instructions on the package, follow the instructions – and be healthy!