Body temperature is normally 36.6 C. Each person is individual, but this temperature is considered normal for biological processes that take place in the body.
Physicians consider normal temperature from 36 to 37.4 C, provided that the person has no diseases and he normally feels.
The most common cause of an increase in body temperature is the body’s response to infection.
Infectious process may develop as a result of SARS or influenza. If you do not promptly start the treatment of these diseases, you can get a complication in the form of sinusitis.
It is worth noting
The reason for the increase in body temperature in the evening is not always the virus – it can increase with myocardial infarction.
Body temperature has the ability to vary depending on the following reasons:
- Times of Day: in the morning – the minimum, in the evening – the maximum.
- Physical activity: at rest and sleep – decreases, with increased physical exertion – increases.
The ability to change is observed more in women, which is associated with the menstrual cycle.
Increased body temperature can trigger a variety of drugs, for example, taking some antibiotics for antritis, analgesics.
If the increase in body temperature is not regular, then you can deal with the symptom of folk remedies – drink fruit drinks with cranberries, currants, sea buckthorn. They have an immunostimulating effect.
If traditional methods of treatment are not suitable, then take medication. In this case, the most popular are:
- Paracetamol in tablets, syrups, rectal suppositories. Paracetamol is the main component in many powders for colds in the form of teas – Ferwex, Theraflu, Coldrex. To treat babies, use paracetamol in the form of rectal suppositories.
- Nurofen (ibuprofen).
- Analgin. Not recommended for children for frequent use.
- Aspirin. Contraindicated in children and pregnant women.
It is important to know
At elevated temperatures, physiotherapy, warming, water procedures, mud therapy, massage cannot be applied!
High fever without signs of a cold – cause for concern, or is everything going to pass?
If the fever persists and there is no cold, then you should contact a specialist.
Usually, finding out the causes of a high temperature without signs of a cold in a child or an adult begins with blood tests, urine tests, an x-ray of the lungs is done, and if necessary, an ultrasound scan. If this is not enough, then take rheumatic tests.
What may be the cause of high fever without cold symptoms:
- Chickenpox and measles begin with a high temperature. It can last up to 4 days, and only then a rash will appear.
- Allergic reaction of the body.
- Teeth in babies.
- Inflammation of the lungs begins with fever, except for her symptoms of pneumonia are chest pain, cough.
- Acute pyelonephritis is accompanied by high fever and pain from the kidneys. In addition to these symptoms, swelling may occur, blood pressure will increase. Urine tests for acute pyelonephritis show the presence of protein.
- Acute intestinal infections (salmonellosis, dysentery, typhoid fever, cholera) are also accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
- Meningitis and encephalitis are accompanied by headaches, visual impairment, nausea, disruption of the neck muscles.
- Temperature, weakness, hair loss and loss of appetite – all this may indicate the presence of a tumor.
- Jaundice, in addition to the yellow color of the skin, provokes a rise in temperature.
High temperatures without cold symptoms may occur due to overheating of the body, such as taking a hot bath or excessively staying on the beach. In general, temperature fluctuations are an individual parameter – for some it is stable under any circumstances, and for some it fluctuates at the slightest impact – as a reaction to stress, hard physical labor, alcohol intake.
Against the background of which there are headache, a temperature of 37 C and weakness
We rarely take remedial measures if the body temperature has risen, but if a headache has joined it against the background of general weakness, this is a signal to action.
Weakness, headache and a temperature of 37 ° C may indicate sinus, which is caused by a cold that has not been cured, or has a runny nose.
Headache is one of the main symptoms of this disease. Especially it makes itself felt when turning the head.
The pain is concentrated in the nose or in the forehead. In addition to headache with sinus may be present runny nose, ear congestion, swelling of the face.
If an elevated body temperature without cold symptoms lasts for five days or more, and you have not suffered from infectious diseases and your body has not been subjected to stress, you need to be examined. If the test results are normal, you may have problems with the body’s thermoregulation. For normal thermoregulation will be useful walks in the fresh air, gymnastics in the morning. And even better – temper!