Salicylic acid for warts is an affordable remedy for warts, the use of which gives good results. It is not expensive and you can buy it in a pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription, which for many people will be decisive in choosing. Salicylic acid softens the skin layers that make up the wart, and after softening it, it is very easy to remove it yourself.
It is believed that the action of salicylic acid also causes a reaction of the body’s immune system, which helps us fight the virus that causes them. For treating warts at home, this remedy is almost perfect.
Advantages of use
- Not expensive, safe tool for self-treatment
- When used almost does not cause discomfort.
- With regular use in almost all cases it helps against warts.
Salicylic acid should not be used.
- If you are not sure that you have warts, and not another skin disease
- If you suffer from diabetes, peripheral arterial disease, and other circulatory problems
- Against moles, unusual warts with hair, as well as on mucous membranes
Treatment of warts salicylic acid
Choose a suitable medication format, it can be either a wart ointment or a salicylic patch. Preparations based on salicylic acid can help with plantar warts, as well as with flat, on the feet or hands and fingers.
For example, salicylic ointment from warts is convenient to use with warts on the hands. A patch can be convenient in the case of plantar warts, it can be glued and walk quietly with him for some time.
Make a warm bath for your warts, and then dry them. Such training will help you in the treatment, and it will be faster. It is necessary to do so with each use.
Apply salicylic acid as described in the instructions.
Wait for the medicine to work. This usually occurs within 24 to 48 hours. All this time, salicylic acid should be on the infected area of the skin.
Wash off salicylic acid. It is recommended to remove dead skin before reapplication. You can re-steam the tumor in warm water for better removal.
Repeat the procedure until the wart is completely removed, it may take some time.
- Salicylic acid drugs should not be used to treat children under 2 years of age.
- Doctors warn that you can sometimes confuse another skin disease with warts and recommend that you consult with a specialist if you are not sure.
- According to the results of research, the removal of warts with salicylic acid is quite effective and safe. Thus, you can remove up to 75% of all tumors.
Possible side effects
Salicylic acid can irritate healthy skin. To avoid this, the surrounding skin needs something to protect, for example, petroleum jelly. If you experience discomfort while using salicylic acid, use it less frequently. Use it carefully, as its use can lead to the formation of scars or scars.
What should think
- Avoid getting salicylic acid on the surrounding wart.
- Dead skin cells can still be dangerous and infect you, remove them carefully. You should not use the thing after it removes dead skin cells, as there is a risk of re-infection.
- If, after several applications of salicylic acid, the affected area becomes too sensitive, stop using the medication for a period of 2 to 3 days.
- If the warts do not go away within 2 to 3 months after the start of treatment, or if the disease recurs, use other medicines or another type of treatment, consult your doctor.