Nutrients for the brain can accelerate thinking processes, develop ingenuity and creative thinking, sharpen attention and concentration while studying. A person who does not have a vitamin deficiency is always calm, balanced and much more productive than others.
This effect is explained by the dependence of the central nervous system and brain on the full oxygen saturation, good blood supply and cell regeneration.
All this can be achieved with the help of special vitamins, which, if properly and regularly taken, can not only improve mental abilities, but also maintain clarity of mind for many years.
Vitamins for normal brain function
The most effective for the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system as a whole, as well as improving memory and increasing attention are the B vitamins.
Provides the supply of nutrients to brain cells, in particular contributes to the absorption of glucose. B1 also helps eliminate carbohydrate by-products, the accumulation of which leads to fatigue and reduced mental activity.
It has a complex effect:
- soothes the nervous system;
- improves mood;
- Acetylcholine takes an active part in the connection between nerve endings and muscles, and also slows down the aging process of nerve cells.
With a lack of thiamine in the body, the following symptoms are observed:
- nervousness as a result of depletion of the protective layer of brain cells;
- drowsiness and tiredness due to accumulations of pyruvic and lactic acids in the body;
- depression and panic attacks, hallucinations.
The daily dose for an adult is from 2 to 3 mg per day, which can be found in such products:
- pork heart and liver;
- peanuts and hazelnuts;
- baker’s yeast.
This vitamin is indispensable for active physical and mental work, as it contributes to the supply of energy to the brain. Not getting it from food, he begins to use nutrients from the muscle mass, which leads to depletion of the nervous system and the body as a whole.
Avitominoz is manifested by the following symptoms:
- eye pain and visual impairment;
- delayed response to external pathogens;
- pain in the corners of the eyes and in the temporal part.
You can find riboflavin in peas, buckwheat, leafy greens, liver, milk, cheese and meat. The daily rate is 1-1.5 mg.
Vitamin produces energy in the nerve cells, which contributes to the improvement of short-term, sensory and long-term memory by 10-40%, regardless of the person’s age. Interferes with the development of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
With a lack of vitamin noted:
- concentration disorders;
- mental and physical fatigue;
- forgetfulness and distraction.
To replenish the 20 mg standard needed for an adult, it is recommended to eat carrots, nuts, buckwheat, egg yolks, corn and hard cheese daily.
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
This vitamin is necessary, both for adults and for children, for the normal functioning of the nervous system, the revitalization of the brain, increased attention and memory.
Promotes the body’s absorption of amino acids that protect the brain from the harmful effects of alcohol, cigarettes and other external factors. Deficiency causes insomnia, irritability, paranoia, anxiety and depression.
You can find the substance in such products:
- herbal products: rice, bananas, corn, cabbage, lettuce, potatoes and buckwheat;
- animal origin: meat, milk, offal and oysters.
The need for an adult – 1.5-2.2 mg per day.
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)
It starts enzymatic processes and plays the role of a shield for the central nervous system. Creates a myolenic membrane that protects nerve cells from depletion and increases the conductivity of nerve impulses. B12 is responsible for adapting a person to new time zones and changing the active and passive phases of mental activity.
With a decrease in the norm of this substance in the body, dizziness, drowsiness, tinnitus, loss of orientation, senility (in the elderly) and visual impairment are possible.
Sources – protein products of animal origin:
- bird and chicken eggs.
The recommended dose is 1-3 mg per day.
B vitamins can be found in such complexes:
- Neyrobion – contains B1, B6 and B12, is available in tablets;
- Doppelgerts magnesium + B vitamins;
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
It easily penetrates into brain cells and protects them from the effects of free radicals. He takes an active part in the structure of neurotransmitters responsible for the transmission of impulses along the nerve endings.
Symptoms of a vitamin deficiency:
- joint pain;
- bleeding gums.
Most ascorbic acid is found in fresh citrus fruits, but it is also present in other fruits and vegetables: cabbage, red berries, rosehips and bell peppers. Daily requirement is 50-100 mg.
Preparations: effervescent tablets of vitamin C, chewable tablets NUTRILITE, Multivita, Vitamin C Nicomed.
Vitamin E (Tocopherol acetate)
Eliminates free radicals, which slows down the brain, leading to serious disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease.
Symptoms of lack of – dry skin, hair loss, aggressiveness, mood swings and poor memory.
Find tocopherol acetate can be in oatmeal, nuts, seeds, vegetable oil, egg and milk.
Most often, vitamin E is released as a separate drug in the form of capsules, but there are complex drugs – Aevit (with retinol).
Vitamin D (Calciferol)
Synthesis of the substance occurs under the action of sunlight, but can also be in small quantities in greens, caviar, seafood, milk, eggs and cheese.
Deficiency is manifested by falling vision, insomnia and irritation of the mucous.
A high level of calciferol in the body accelerates the work of the brain and prevents the development of CNS disorders.
Preparations: Alpha-D3-TEVA; Ergocalciferol; Vigantol.
Top 10 best vitamin complexes
Top 10 best vitamin complexes to improve memory, brain function and the entire nervous system as a whole, which are suitable for adults and adolescents:
- Vitrum memory – improves blood circulation and strengthens the walls of blood vessels in the brain tissues, which contributes to oxygenation and makes the mind clear and fast. Excellent prevention of headaches.
- Gryphony – improves the nervous system, normalizes the sleep cycle and allows you to fight depression.
- Will direct – available plant complex, accelerating the transmission of signals through the nerve cells.
- Supradin – a multivitamin universal preparation, filling the daily need of all the nutritional components necessary for the work and protection of the brain.
- Gerimaks Energy – contains ginseng extract, stimulating long-term memory. Allows you to easily carry heavy mental loads, even with a lack of sleep.
- Guarana – prevents the spread of free radicals that block the brain and provides normal production of red blood cells and their flow to the brain cells. Relieves the symptoms of fatigue and increases perseverance.
- Fish fat – A simple and effective means of preventing clogged arteries. Stimulates mental development in adolescence, reduces aggressiveness and improves memory, even in old age.
- Encephabol – restores metabolic processes and enhances the capture of glucose from food to nourish the brain. Effective even in the presence of pathological and age-related changes – sclerosis and absent-mindedness.
- Piracetam – increases the resistance of the central nervous system to toxic effects and oxygen starvation. Complex affects the brain, improves the learning process.
- Phenibut – reduces manifestations of cognitive disorders, stress, nervousness and fear. Calms the central nervous system and helps to concentrate before important events.
Vitamins for schoolchildren and students
The diet of students and graduates of the school is far from ideal, which is why the body does not fully receive all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
To compensate for the lack of nutrients, it is recommended to take balanced complexes to support and enhance memory, stimulate the brain and strengthen nerve cells.
The best vitamins needed for brain function, improving the mind and memory for schoolchildren and students:
- Brain Booster – a preparation containing extracts of medicinal herbs, minerals and vitamins for enhanced cell nutrition and contributes to the normalization of blood circulation even in the smallest vessels of the brain. Increases the speed of transmission of impulses in the nerve cells, which allows you to quickly assimilate the information and adapt to intense loads during school.
- Orthomol Mental – the drug was developed for active young people who daily engage in mental and physical exertion, are deficient in sleep and travel frequently. The complex significantly increases the level of efficiency, helps to adapt to a new type of activity and get rid of stress and fatigue. Improves eyesight, which is important for students.
- Glycine – safe and affordable pills that help to cope with stress and tension during exams and important speeches.
- Phenotropil – the drug is applied by courses before and during the session. Produced strictly by prescription. Initially, the drug was created to treat Alzheimer’s syndrome, but because of its ability to stimulate short-term memory and concentration, it has been widely used among students and schoolchildren.
- Phosphatide complex – accelerates metabolic processes, promotes rapid learning and concentration. Visibly improves memory, and admission at school age contributes to mental development.
Vitamins for children
The body of the child is constantly growing and developing, so the use of vitamin complexes is necessary for the formation of a healthy nervous system, especially with high mental loads during school.
Vitamins to improve brain function, enhance memory and attention that will suit children:
- Pikovit – a universal complex that contains a complex of vitamins of group B, calcium, folic acid and vitamins A, D and C. It is produced in three forms: syrup for children from 1 year old; Pikovit for children from 4 years and Pikovit forte from seven years. The drug fills nutrient deficiency and relieves the symptoms of mental and physical fatigue.
- Vitrum Junior – a complex for a children’s brain aged from 7 to 14 years. Contains a complex of 10 trace elements and 13 vitamins. Chewable tablets help to cope with the neuro-psychological stress and contributes to the mental development of the child. For adolescents, the Vitrum Teenager is issued, intended for children aged 14 to 17 years. It is necessary to adapt the adolescent body to physical and emotional stress (during sports competitions, exams, and for effective study at school).
- Multitabs – The range of multivitamin complexes includes seven types of the drug, designed for all age groups from 0 to 17 years old inclusive. The structure includes all the vitamins and trace elements necessary for normal functioning of the CNS.
- Jungle – contain ten essential vitamins for head development and brain activity. Folic acid in combination with B12 are involved in the normal development of nerve cells.
- Complite – shown to strengthen memory and normalize the psycho-physical condition of the child during mental exertion.
Vitamins for the brain and nervous system are very numerous and it is difficult to choose something definite; reviews of ordinary people and the opinion of a neurologist will help to make a choice.
I liked Vitrum Junior with its composition and versatility – it suited both my 8-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter. At first, the children did not want to take pills because of unpleasant taste, but over time they got used to it. After a course of administration, immunity improved and school performance improved.
Olga, 36 years old
I decided to buy Guarana to buy my daughter for the reception before the session. A good tool for students who do not have enough time and energy to cram material.
Inna, 44 years old
For schoolchildren and students who are overworked during their studies, I recommend taking harmless herbal preparations that have a strengthening effect – Glycine, products with ginseng, and vitamin B complexes.
Oleg Stepanovich, neurologist
The functions of the nerve cells of the brain depend on the speed of neural signals, the violation of which leads to absent-mindedness, forgetfulness and weak mental activity.
As a rule, such deviations occur due to nervous overstrain and an increase in physical and mental stress, when the substances obtained from foodstuffs are not enough for the brain to function effectively.
A special diet and intake of vitamin complexes can not only improve the general condition of the central nervous system, but also protect a person from the development of pathological diseases that lead to complete brain incapacity.