The human body is an ideal environment for the development of various helminthic organisms that parasitize, multiply, have a toxic effect and cause a lot of serious diseases.
One of these is the parasite opistorhis, infecting vital organs, and is the cause of many irreversible effects. Treatment of opisthorchiasis in adults should be carried out as early as possible, since the chronic form is the most dangerous and has a wave-like course.
How to determine the presence of opisthorchiasis
In order to begin drug treatment, it is necessary to conduct a competent diagnosis, which will help determine the presence of worms in the body. Infection with opisthorchosis invasion occurs due to eating sushi with riverfish of the carp family, dried fish, light-salted and smoked fish.
Opistorhi is especially viable, so when cooking river fish, you need to take care of a good heat treatment: you need to fry and cook fish for at least 20 minutes. This is the only way to exclude helminth infections.
Opisthorchiasis can manifest itself in acute and chronic form, each of which carries its own danger to the body.
Dynamics of the acute form:
- Poisoning the body the parasite’s metabolic products are accompanied by hyperthermia, loss of strength, loose stools, muscle pain. Complete blood count shows an increased number of white blood cells and protein.
- Irritation of nerve endings located under the skin, causes allergic reactions: herpes, psoriasis, urticaria, dermatitis. Localized rash is often on the neck, face, in the joints.
- The digestive tract suffers the most, and the patient may complain of loss of appetite, nausea, flatulence, heartburn. These symptoms should make the patient think about how to withdraw opisthorchiasis, to prevent the development of chronic forms.
- Respiratory system may respond to invasion by dyspnea, dry cough, rhinitis.
Dynamics of the chronic form:
- Pathological damage accompanied by blockage of the bile ducts, and impaired circulation of biological fluid.
- Damage to the nervous system manifested by trembling of limbs, neurosis, irritability, sleep disturbance, weakness.
- Allergy on the skin, which is not treatable, may appear regular rashes of watery herpes blisters, itchy urticaria or psoriasis.
- On the part of the respiratory system bronchial asthma or bronchitis may develop.
- Joint pain syndromes are constantly present. On the background of opisthorchiasis arthritis or arthrosis can develop.
- GIT most vulnerable, and in chronic course diseases such as pancreatitis, cirrhosis of the liver, cholecystitis, oncology of the bile ducts develop.
For the diagnosis of helminthic invasion, several effective methods are offered – this is the analysis of fecal masses on parasite eggs, biochemical and complete blood count, ultrasound of the internal organs, computed tomography, duodenal sounding.
Based on the results obtained and the degree of damage to the internal organs, a specific treatment regimen for opisthorchiasis is prescribed.
The appointment of therapy for opisthorchiasis
Treatment of opisthorchosis invasion must be carried out, as infection with hepatic flukes can cause serious consequences for the body, and will require long-term treatment.
When prescribing a treatment regimen, a specialist examines the obtained tests, takes into account the severity of the disease, and associated diseases. Be sure to take into account the individual characteristics of the organism, the patient’s age and other factors.
Therapy with opisthorchiasis divided into three stages, each of which plays its part in successful healing. Patients need to understand that to deviate from the prescribed treatment regimen is not worth it, because there is a risk of not being effective treatment.
How and what to treat opisthorchiasis in adults determines only the attending physician, after the conclusion of specialists such as infectious diseases, allergists, gastroenterologists and hepatologists.
First stage: pathogenic
Therapy begins with the preparation of the immune system to the second stage, and the normalization of the outflow of bile. The goal of treatment is to restore the motor function of the gastrointestinal tract, removing intoxication of the body and allergic manifestations.
At the preparatory stage, medicines are prescribed that can inhibit the parasite’s vital activity and block opisthorchosis receptors.
Choleretic drugs that help stimulate hepatic function and bile excretion:
- Herbal preparations with minimal side effects: Holosas, Galsthena, Flamin, Holaflux.
- Combined: Allohol, Holenzyme.
- Hydroleretics – help “wash” stagnant bile from the bladder and ducts.
- Synthetic drugs: Tsikvalon, Oxafenamid.
- Cholespasmolytics, which weaken the bile duct tone: Atropina sulfate, Theophylline.
Many patients are interested in how and how to cure opisthorchiasis, and what medications are prescribed at this stage? In the course of treatment, some patients are prescribed traditional antispasmodics: No-Spa or Drotaverine.
In some cases, in case of acute illness, Duspatalin may be prescribed. In case of a disease occurring with allergic reactions, Tsetrin, Diazolin, Eden, Tsetrilev are prescribed.
If opisthorchiasis is accompanied by cholestasis, then Ursolphac, Heptral or Ursosan medicines are prescribed. Be sure in the treatment of opisthorchiasis taken prokinetics that accelerate the process of the intestine: Motilium, Gastroprom, Itoprid, Itomed, and enzyme medications: Creon, Mezim, Penzital.
At the preparatory stage of treatment for opisthorchiasis physiotherapy may be prescribed. Some patients may be prescribed electrophoresis with a solution of magnesia sulphate, microwave therapy. Such procedures have a positive antispasmodic and microcirculatory effect.
Second stage: medicamentous
The next phase of treatment can be carried out stationary or at home, depending on the severity of the disease. To destroy weakened parasites and restore the functioning of the body, the following anthelmintic drugs can be prescribed:
- Biltricid – effectively copes with opistorchs, and is assigned to adults and children, from 4 years. To understand how to get rid of opistorch quickly, you must adhere to the indicated dosage of the drug. The course of treatment does not exceed three days.
- Ecorsol – a natural complex that can not only destroy the parasites, but also protect the liver from toxins. The natural composition does not have severe side effects, and is well tolerated by patients. The course of treatment is 5-7 days.
- Populin – a natural product containing beneficial acids and aspen bark. Appointed to adults and children from 4 years. The duration of treatment is 7 days.
- Nemozol –Complex complex of action, capable of destroying not only opistorhi, but also other parasites. The drug is toxic, so it is taken only under the supervision of the attending physician. The duration of therapy is not more than three days.
At this stage of treatment, the administration of enzyme preparations and probiotics continues, which provide a protective and supportive function of the body. In the process of drug therapy, some patients report a deterioration in health status and an increase in symptoms. This effect occurs due to the mass death of helminths, which strongly release toxins into the body of the wearer.
If you are interested in how to get rid of opisthorchiasis, contact an infectious diseases specialist who will prescribe a diagnosis and the correct treatment regimen.
The third stage: rehabilitation
Restorative therapy is directed to the elimination of decay products caused by opisthorchis, and the maintenance of vital organs affected by the activity of helminths. At this stage of treatment, the following medicines are prescribed:
- Duodenal sounding with mineral water and magnesium sulphate.
- Acceptance of natural choleretic drugs.
- Sorbents such as Enterosgel, Activated Carbon, Lactofiltrum are included in the treatment regimen.
- Therapy for the restoration of the digestive tract: Yogurt, Probiz.
Also, patients suffering from opisthorchiasis, prescribed preventive drugs, and decoctions of herbs, to enhance the outflow of bile. If the diagnosis has shown the presence of opisthorchias in the body, the treatment is prescribed schematic, which has shown the greatest effectiveness.
Nontraditional medicine is quite effective at this stage of treatment., providing antispasmodic, cleansing and regenerating effect. When opisthorchiasis doctors prescribe decoctions of aspen bark, linden ash, St. John’s wort, seeds of cumin, corn stigmas, celandine.
Herbal medicine has a long period of treatment, 14-21 days.
Of particular importance is the diet in the treatment of opisthorchiasis, without which the fight against invasion will not be effective. Exclusion from the diet of prohibited foods: fried fish and meat, smoked meat, pickled vegetables, fatty broths, sweets, soda, ice cream and pastry, significantly increase the chance of recovery.
Patients need to review the diet and include products that help restore the body after infection: crumbly cereals, boiled dietary meat, light milk and vegetable soups, compotes, jelly, vegetables and greens.
Patients faced with this disease are interested in whether it is possible to cure opisthorchiasis permanently, and is there a risk of re-infection? On this account, physicians have the following point of view: it is possible to get rid of a parasitic infection, but only with the right treatment plan.
But it is much easier and safer to prevent this disease, since it can cause serious harm to the body and require additional treatment of the organs affected by the parasites.