Spinal osteochondrosis is often associated with pain, as it is invariably associated with an impact not only on the intervertebral discs, but also on the human neurovascular, muscular and autonomic system. It is sometimes difficult to figure out what caused the pain, moreover, this disease tends to mask itself as other diseases. Traditional treatment of osteochondrosis involves the use of quite strong painkillers, but it happens that their reception does not give anything, or chronic pain syndrome requires a long course of treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. But this is fraught with consequences, and patients often look for an alternative to traditional methods. Such an alternative may be the treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies
Any treatment – both traditional and folk – is primarily the elimination of the causes of osteochondrosis, most often associated with:
- sedentary lifestyle
- impaired internal exchange
- increased loads on the spine
- infectious processes
- hereditary diseases
- stressful situation
The reasons can be many, and of course, one only popular treatment here is not enough. Therefore, independent trips to healers or searches for tinctures and ointments on the Internet can only aggravate the disease.
Folk remedies is an additional method, which is better resorted to during the recovery period. When exacerbation of osteochondrosis is necessary to contact a professional physician who will help determine the causes of acute pain and prescribe treatment.
All sorts of herbal teas and tinctures usually need to be applied for a long time, so that they begin to act. Pain sometimes occurs in such intensity that it requires the use of anesthetic injections and even medical blockades, as well as muscle relaxants.
If this is not done, myofascial syndrome may occur, and it will be extremely difficult to break free from the vicious circle of nervous and muscular pain..
Frequent typical errors of self-medication:
- Putting hot compresses on the swollen painful areas during exacerbation
- Bathhouse with steam room for fever or hypertension
- Unmotivated excretion of salts from the body with osteophytes, which in no way reduces the deforming growths in osteochondrosis
- Direct massaging of diseased vertebrae
What folk remedies are better to use for various types of spinal osteochondrosis?
Cervical, thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis has various symptoms, and this influences the choice of remedies for treatment.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with folk remedies
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical spinal osteochondrosis can be recognized by:
- Neck and headaches
- Symptoms of impaired brain circulation:
- dizziness and fainting
- visual disturbances, tinnitus
Such symptoms are caused by vascular spasms, stagnation of blood and nervous disorders, therefore, for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, you must use the appropriate means.:
- causing blood vessel dilation and blood circulation
- pressure lowering
- soothing nervous system and psyche
You can offer treatment with such means:
Applying compresses (but not for acute pain):
- Steamed burdock leaves (hold them for five to ten minutes over steam), attach to the neck, securing them with a bandage or scarf
- You can brew the herbs of burdock, and then put the broth on gauze and use as a compress.
- Make a cake from rye flour, bake it in the oven and apply it hot to the neck
- Compresses from birch leaves also help well.
- Horseradish grate and squeeze the juice, which mix one to one with vodka. Rub a mixture of neck surface
- Insist about a week in 0.5 liters of vodka half a glass of elderberry. Rub the tincture in the cervical region
- 250 g of needles to brew in one liter of boiling water and insist half an hour. Take twice a day after meals
- It is also effective tincture of cinquefoil (alcohol and water) – a great folk healer of bones and joints
- To calm the nervous system are good tincture of valerian root, motherwort and hawthorn. Pharmacies sell ready-made drops with such a composition
- Coniferous bathrooms before bedtime are very favorable for both the nervous and circulatory system.
- And one more actually folk remedy for treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, known since ancient times, is leeches (hirudotherapy)
- But undoubtedly the most effective remedy for cervical osteochondrosis is therapeutic exercises.
Treatment of spinal osteochondrosis
Symptoms of thoracic osteochondrosis
Signs of thoracic osteochondrosis, due to its close connection with respiratory and cardiac activity, often manifest themselves in:
- Chest pains that increase with breathing
- Intercostal Neuralgia
- Bouts of angina and arrhythmias
- Respiratory diseases (bronchitis, pleurisy, pneumonia)
- Attacks of cholecystitis, pancreatitis and other symptoms
Moreover, these are not true, but false symptoms of diseases, which actually is known for chest osteochondrosis: they are caused by irritation of the autonomic nerves connecting organs with the central nervous system.
How to distinguish a real heart attack from a vegetative-visceral symptom in chest osteochondrosis?
- Heart attack
- The pain lasts from a few minutes to an hour
- Unchanged and in motion, and at rest
- Decreases when taking heart remedies.
Folk recipes for breast osteochondrosis
- Dandelion roots, mint, birch buds, coriander mix. Three tablespoons of the mixture pour boiling water (100 g) and cook for five minutes on low heat. Then add about 75 g of butter and the same amount of sunflower oil and cook for another twenty minutes. To rub the received ointment into the patient area of the thoracic region
- Pour marigold flowers with a triple alcohol mixture of camphor alcohol and triple cologne vodka (take 200 g each). Insist for two weeks
- Black rubbish or horseradish juice also helps
- To steam the grass of wormwood or flax seeds, put in a bag of cloth or wrap in several layers of gauze. Apply to the sore spot
- Chamomile and peppermint tinctures: one or two tablespoons of the mixture pour a glass of water and cook in a water bath for ten minutes. Drink half a cup in the morning and evening during the month
- One tablespoon of a mixture of lemon balm and orange peel pour boiling water (
Simple but effective means:
- Self-massage and kneading with a rolling pin for dough:
- Rolling all the back areas to the left and right of the spine from the shoulder to the lower thoracic region
- We lay down on the floor, and we put the rolling pin under our backs and ride on it
Folk treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis
Symptoms of lumbar osteochondrosis
- Lower back pain (lumbodynia or ischialgia) spreading to the groin area, sacral, legs
- Loss of sensation and numbness in the legs.
- Tingling, goosebumps, cold feeling in the limbs
- Gynecological and urological problems, etc.
As in previous cases, such symptoms occur due to compression of the nerve plexus, one of which is the sciatic nerve
Recipes for the loins
Osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine can be treated with such folk remedies:
- Drinking decoctions of leaves of bilberry, thyme, hop cones, sabelnik
- Overlaying a compress of grated horseradish and potatoes
- Wearing waist-warming woolen belts
- Rubbing self-cooking ointment: 200 g pork fat blended with beeswax and Althea roots
In more detail the process of preparation of this healing ointment is painted in the popular methods of hernia treatment. Also here you can get acquainted with other recipes that have long been used by the people. Both a hernia and osteochondrosis are diseases of the same nature, therefore the means used for such treatment are identical in the first and second cases.
Using them, we do not forget to combine them with therapeutic exercises in lumbar osteochondrosis.. Treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies can be applied in one complex with other methods of treatment.: