Bifiform is a complex pribiotic antibacterial drug.
The main function of the drug is the rapid restoration of healthy microflora of the gastrointestinal tract. The medicine is suitable for both adult patients, infants and newly-born babies. It does not cause any obvious side effects or negative effects.
On this page you will find all the information about Bifiform: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Bifiform. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
The drug that regulates the balance of intestinal microflora (probiotic).
Pharmacy sales terms
Sold without a prescription.
How much is Bifiform? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 520 rubles.
Release form and composition
There are several dosage forms of the drug – tablets, capsules and oily solution for oral administration.
- One capsule contains in its composition live lactic acid bacteria of 2 types – Bifidobacterium longum (10 7 bacterial cells) and Enterococcus faecium (10 7 bacterial cells).
It also includes auxiliary substances, which include:
- Sourdough dry lactic acid.
- Magnesium stearate.
- Anhydrous dextrose.
- Titanium dioxide.
- Polyethylene glycol.
- Yeast extract.
- Syrup of the carob bean.
The capsules are packaged in an aluminum tube of 20 or 30 pieces. One cardboard pack contains one tube and instructions for use of the drug.
The drug contains a special nutrient medium for reproduction of beneficial microflora. In addition, the drug prevents the development of dysbiosis against the background of intensive antibiotic therapy, adversely affecting the intestines.
The use of Bifiform promotes the rapid and effective elimination of gastrointestinal disorders caused by antibiotics.
The drug is used in order to improve the protective ecosystem of the body, preventing the emergence and reproduction of harmful microbes, as well as to eliminate intestinal dysbiosis and enhance the body’s defenses.
Indications for use
What helps? Reception Bifiform is appointed in the following cases:
- lactose intolerance;
- disorders of the bowel of various origins;
- improving the immune system in both adults and children;
- with intestinal dysbiosis caused by gastroenteritis and colitis;
- with a long course of taking antibiotics that violate the natural balance of microflora;
- diarrhea caused by rotavirus, gastroenteritis, or regular antibiotics;
- allergic reactions caused by abnormalities of the gastrointestinal tract;
- with thrush in both men and women, as well as with fungal diseases of the oral cavity.
The drug is not prescribed to patients in the case of intolerance or hypersensitivity to one of its constituent components, such as glucose, yeast extract, carob bean syrup, magnesium intolerance, abrasion, dry lactose and titanium dioxide, soybean oil, or acetyl monoglycerides .
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Use of Bifiform pregnant women are allowed. However, do not forget about the correct dosages and correct form of administration. In no case do not self-medicate, but seek qualified advice from the nearest medical center.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that the drug should be taken if indicated:
- To normalize the intestinal microflora and support the immune system, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 2-3 capsules per day for 10-21 days.
- In case of acute diarrhea, Bifiform must take 1 capsule 4 times a day until stool is normalized. Then the drug should be continued in a dose of 2-3 capsules per day until the complete disappearance of symptoms.
- When conducting eradication therapy, Bifiform prescribes 2 capsules 2 times a day for two weeks from the first day of eradication therapy.
- Patients with lactose intolerance are advised to take the drug 1 capsule 3 times a day.
Children from 2 years on 1 capsule 2-3 times a day. If the child cannot swallow the capsule, it is necessary to open and mix the contents with a small amount of liquid.
At use of Bifiform in the doses established by the instruction, side reactions, as a rule, do not arise.
- After taking the capsule is not advisable to drink hot water, as this can lead to partial death of bacteria.
- In the case of increasing symptoms of the disease, deterioration of the general condition, the appearance of blood streaks in the stool within a few days from the start of the drug, you should consult a doctor.
- The simultaneous intake of fermented milk products and B vitamins stimulates the growth, reproduction of lactic acid bacteria and the effect of Bifiform capsules in general.
In case of any questions or any doubts regarding the administration of Bifiform capsules, it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
The drug can be used in combination with other drugs. Concurrent administration with antibiotics is permitted.
We picked up some reviews of people about the preparation Bifiform:
- Nastya. Always buy Bifiform children. Both son and daughter are still very small, so they often suffer from indigestion. If there are no children’s bags on sale, then the contents of the capsule are dissolved in water – the same effect is obtained. Since the drug still contains vitamins, I don’t buy vitamin complexes for children – this is convenient and beneficial.
- Sasha. With all hands, for probiotics. And, undoubtedly, this probiotic is one of the best (personally in my opinion). But, for example, if we are talking about diarrhea, it is important, before starting to take probiotics, to stop it. Personally, I first take imodium, which stops diarrhea, and only then, I heal with probiotics.
- Nataliya . Bifiform presents strains of bacteria that are highly resistant to antibiotics, so I always buy it when I need antibiotic therapy. I tried to switch to cheap analogues, but dysbacteriosis still overtook me. Bifiform is the only probiotic that protects against the effects of antibiotic therapy.
In general, patient feedback on the drug Bifiform is mostly positive. The drug is well tolerated by both adults and children, and is highly effective. In some cases, in the treatment of the acute form of diarrhea caused by errors in nutrition, the reception of Bifiform completely restored digestive disorders in 2-3 days. Many parents of newborns speak positively of Bifiform Baby bottle,
Below is a list of substances that can replace the composition.
- Atsilakt. This is another popular Russian product, its cost is from 333 rubles. The creation of the substance occurred on the basis of live lactic bacteria, so it can be assigned in case of a large number of diseases.
- Acipol. These are medicinal capsules, the price of which for 30 pieces is between 299 rubles. The probiotic composition is represented by a mixture of kefir elements that affect the microflora, significantly improving it.
- Bifidumbacterin forte. The cost of 10 capsules starts from the bar at 153 rubles, which is quite profitable. The Russian substitute is effective in its action and is produced in the form of capsules, which are coated with a special membrane that is soluble in the intestines. It is not used with a high level of sensitivity to drugs.
- Linex. Considering Bifiform, analogues are cheap, this tool deserves special attention, as it is inexpensive and has a pronounced effect. It helps with several different conditions.
- Alsou. She took the Bifiform complex, thought the same thing, but it turned out to be a completely different drug. Did not help. Now I think – or take a real Bifiform, in which there are more bacteria. The most interesting thing is that you sit and make choices with yourself, the doctors do not participate in this. They say it is necessary to drink Linex, and without compromise. And even no one is going to do a stool analysis, why. There is Linex.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
According to the instructions, Bifiform stored in a dry dark place, keeping the air temperature no higher than 15 degrees. An expiration date from the moment of production – 2 years. Ready suspension can be stored no more than 2 weeks.