The bump on the thumb is able to deliver not only physical but also psychological discomfort to the patient, since this part of the body is constantly in sight. Particularly relevant to this issue for women, because they spend a lot of time and effort on caring for themselves and do not accept the slightest flaw.
Causes of formations
The bump on the joint of the thumb and other phalanges is mainly a complication of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. As a rule, it is arthrosis, arthritis, gout and other chronic illnesses.
However, there are other predisposing factors to their appearance. These include:
- Change in water-salt balance. Develops as a result of hormonal and general metabolic disorders.
- Irrational, malnutrition, due to which too much fatty, spicy, salty, smoked food enters the human body. This provokes the deposition of salts, which are mainly localized in the area of the thumb.
- Hypothermia joints. Observed as a result of frequent contact with water (dishwasher, cleaning staff, etc.). Shishechka may occur after a long stay on the street without gloves in the cold season.
- Degenerative – dystrophic processes in the joints, developing, as a rule, as a result of an aggressive course of arthrosis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- The accumulation of uric acid salts, the excess of which is formed in the body with gout.
A bone on the thumb may appear one, but in most cases several formations occur simultaneously.
The severity of clinical manifestations depends on the size of the lump. In the initial stages of formation, this is a hard bump, gradually appearing above the skin. In addition to the problem of the cosmetic nature of the patient can not worry. However, over time, a slight pain appears in the growth area, which gradually increases, becomes more intense with time. If the bump is localized on the joint, the amplitude of movements is significantly limited in it, unpleasant sensations can occur during flexion and extension.
Stone can grow gradually or make a breakthrough and greatly increase in size in just a few days. On palpation of the bumps marked a pronounced pain, it is impossible to touch.
If you experience these symptoms, you should immediately contact a specialist to establish the diagnosis, because the success of the treatment depends on it.
As a rule, the patient must necessarily undergo a complete examination intended for diseases of the musculoskeletal system, and take an x-ray photo to assess the condition of the joint.
Successful bone treatment depends on the accuracy of the established diagnosis. Properly designed scheme will slow the progression of the underlying disease.
Depending on the cause of the bone, the patient may be prescribed a strict diet, especially if it is a complication of gout.
Further treatment is aimed at removing the clinical symptoms and alleviating the patient’s condition. For this purpose, the following drugs are actively prescribed:
- Painkillers Used for local application. The easiest way is to crush analgin, dilute it with vodka and use it as a lotion. The frequency of application to the painful area is 3 to 4 times a day.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. Depending on the severity of symptoms, the doctor may prescribe medications from the group of NSAIDs in the form of ointments, creams, as well as tablets and injections. The drugs have anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects. Due to this, the patient’s condition improves quickly, because the most unpleasant symptoms disappear – pain and restriction of movement in the joints. The main drugs – Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Movalis, Revmoksikam, Voltaren and others. Their main drawback is that long-term use (especially tablets, forms) can result in the appearance of side effects. These include gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, as well as intestinal bleeding.
Traditional methods of treatment
Getting rid of the bone and reducing the pain will help regular use of iodine. This known antiseptic has a slight analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. It should be regularly applied in the form of a mesh on the area of the nipple.
Strengthen the action of iodine is capable of aspirin. To prepare the drug, you should crush 5 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid and cover with an antiseptic to make a creamy consistency. The mass should discolor – this is evidence of proper preparation and freshness of the ingredients.
Before applying the ointment, you need to steam your hand in hot water, where you can add a little salt and soda. The tool must be applied to the bone in the form of a compress, each layer of which must overlap the previous one by 0.5-1 cm. At the end of the brush wrap a woolen piece of fabric. The duration of this treatment is 3 days, and after a break of 2 to 3 weeks, the course can be repeated.
This tool can not be used for individual allergic reaction to iodine or acetylsalicylic acid, as well as in case of damage to the integrity of the skin in the application area and at elevated body temperature.
Intensify the resorption of the bone will help regular baths with the addition of soda and salt. An additional advantage of this method is that after water procedures, pain and inflammation are reduced.
Good results show the use of ointment on the basis of chicken eggs. To prepare the medicine, you need to pour 1 egg with vinegar and leave for 2 weeks. After this period, transfer it to a plate or other container with a spoon. This must be done very carefully, because the acid will corrode the shell and it will burst with the slightest mechanical impact. Add 10 g of turpentine and 1 tbsp. l melted pork lard. The components are thoroughly mixed and applied to the area of the cones every other day for 2 weeks.
In the treatment of rheumatic diseases, including bones on the fingers and toes, animal bile has proven itself well:
- it has a strong anti-inflammatory effect;
- helps to reduce swelling;
- removes pain;
- restores range of motion in the affected joints.
Bile is used for rubbing or as a basis for compresses. The main condition for successful treatment – regular use for a long time. For rubbing, this period is at least 2 months with a multiplicity of application of 3-4 times a day, and for compresses – 5-6 weeks with a single use before bedtime.
When a bone does not appear, it is not necessary to let everything go to chance. Should consult a doctor. After all, the sooner the treatment is started, the more chances for a quick and successful deliverance from it.