The temperature of allergies in children occurs less frequently than puffiness, skin rash or itching, but this symptom markedly worsens the condition of the young patient. A thermometer creeping up often indicates not only an acute immune response of the body, but also the development of the inflammatory process.
How to distinguish allergic temperature from cold? What to do if a child has a fever with food allergies or after an insect bite? What drugs effectively bring down the temperature in children? Answers in the article.
The body reacts sharply to stimuli of various kinds. Increased temperature – a non-standard reaction in allergic diseases, but sometimes a manifestation of this negative sign. In most cases, a feverish state appears when a severe form of a negative reaction occurs, a large amount of allergen penetrates, intoxication, for example, after being bitten by stinging insects or taking a strong drug.
Often the increased temperature is noticeable on the background of acute respiratory viral infections, bronchitis, pneumonia. To clarify the cause of fever in the child with the appearance of additional signs indicating an acute immune response, the doctor prescribes tests and allergy tests.
What types of allergies does the temperature rise
The negative sign is more often shown in the following cases:
- food allergies, especially after consuming a large number of dangerous products;
- an acute reaction to an unsuitable drug, such as antibiotics, analgesics, or anticonvulsants;
- allergic reaction to the introduction of components after the Mantoux test;
- vaccination. During a negative reaction to vaccinations, the thermometer rarely rises above 38 degrees;
- bites of ectoparasites or stinging insects, especially in babies or after the attack of several bees / wasps;
View a selection of effective treatments for allergic laryngitis in children and adults.
The effective treatment options for house dust allergies are described in this article.
Temperature in allergies and colds: how to distinguish
The task is not easy: it is often difficult to figure out why a child has a fever before testing. Not always fever accompanies allergic reactions, more often this symptom appears on the background of infectious and catarrhal diseases. Often there is a rash on the skin, irritation of the epidermis, but the doctor suspects rubella, and not allergies.
The table of characteristic symptoms of allergic reactions and colds is useful to all parents. After analyzing the signs in the child, comparing with the systematized data, it is easier to understand what happened to the son or daughter, whether it is urgent to give an antihistamine drug or not.
General rules and methods of treatment
First you need to figure out for what reason the child has a fever. Rash on the skin, diarrhea, itching, high temperature sometimes develops against the background of not only SARS or flu, but also poisoning. For this reason, self-medication often impairs the health of a small patient, lubricates the picture of the disease, makes diagnosis difficult.
When identifying signs of allergic reactions, the doctor prescribes tests and tests to clarify the diagnosis.
The main types of research:
- a blood test to determine the level of immunoglobulins;
- scratch test using a possible allergen. According to the test results, it is clear what substance provokes an acute immune response;
- Analysis of urine.
When an allergic reaction is important to reduce the release of histamine, to prevent further release of inflammatory mediators. Only after the response of the immune system is eliminated, the negative symptoms diminish, including, the fever subsides. For this reason, without taking antihistamine drugs, the temperature during allergies will not decrease.
In acute reactions, against the background of which fever and fever are most often observed, high-speed first-generation compositions are needed. Medications cause drowsiness, have side effects and contraindications, but only drugs in this category eliminate the signs of allergy after 10–15 minutes.
Antihistamines for severe allergies:
While the thermometer has not reached the level of 38 degrees, it is not worth giving anti-fever drugs to the child. Indicators above 38 ° C require the use of drugs (tablets or injections). Injections are necessary at a temperature of 39–40 degrees, but in case of allergies, such indicators occur in isolated cases, only when there is a severe reaction to drugs, insect bites, or Quincke’s edema.
- Aspirin (only 12 years old).
In selecting the antipyretic composition, it is important to take into account the age of the small patient, to clarify the dosage. In allergic reactions, the temperature quickly decreases after taking an antihistamine drug: you should not give your child an extra portion of syrup or tablets to relieve fever.
How and how to treat eczema on the legs? Find out effective treatment options.
Read about the properties of mumiyo and the use of mountain resin from allergies on this page.
Go to http: //
Folk remedies and recipes
Against the background of an allergy of any form, parents should carefully give antipyretic teas to a small patient: some formulations enhance the negative response of the body. Milk with honey or tea with raspberries in case of food allergy or pollinosis worsens the condition of the child: folk remedies contain components with a high degree of allergic risk (raspberry, honey, whole milk).
To bring down the temperature in children with allergies can only be tested herbal remedies. All prescriptions must be studied and approved by the attending physician.
Reduce the temperature in children wholesome teas:
- herbal collection. Mother and stepmother, hips, chamomile – 1 tbsp. l., lime color – 3 dess. l Mix the ingredients, pour 1.5 liters of boiling water, leave for 20 minutes, filter, give the child half a glass of herbal medicine. If you are allergic to pollen, you should not drink the herbal drink;
- tea number 1. In a glass of boiling water to steam 1 tsp. leaves of currant or raspberry. After a quarter of an hour, healthy tea is ready. Give the child 2-3 times a day until the temperature drops;
- tea number 2. Pour 500 ml of hot water into a saucepan, add 1 tbsp. l willow or oak bark, boil for 15 minutes on a quiet fire, cool. Useful broth to give children from 3 years to a quarter cup twice a day. The tool not only lowers the temperature, but also cleans the blood well, strengthens the body.