The spleen is an unpaired elongated organ that is located next to the stomach. It is not a vital organ, but its presence in the body is still important for humans.
The spleen performs several functions: filtration, hematopoietic and immune. Therefore, her health should be taken care of as carefully as the health of other organs.
Proper nutrition will help reduce the load on the spleen and at the same time fill the body with a lack of necessary vitamins and minerals, which will prevent further problems. A special diet for already existing diseases of the spleen will help to significantly alleviate the condition of the patient.
How does nutrition affect her work?
Proper nutrition can solve a large number of problems that, as it seems at first glance, should not depend on the diet at all. Particularly famous for its research in the field of communication nutrition and body health, Chinese medicine.
Overeating, cold or too hot, poorly cooked food, an excess of sweet and sugar lead to the fact that the spleen moisture begins to accumulate, growing into mucus.
Some even claim that all immune diseases, including such as lupus erythematosus or rheumatism, are directly dependent on the health of the spleen and the amount of this mucus in the body.
8 most useful products
It is very difficult to select specific products that would suit everyone, since the diet should be based on the individual clinical picture of the patient. Diseases of the spleen may be accompanied by diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas and liver, which means that a good half of the products, which could be used only with a sick spleen, are ruled out.
The top product categories presented below applies only to those cases where you just want to keep the body in good shape and at the same time do not have third-party chronic diseases of the digestive system or immune system. The following products are “loved” by our spleen:
- A fish. Try to focus on lean fish. Many people write that for the health of this body, you need to eat more fatty varieties, but this is not always possible. Oily fish is heavy food and loads not only the spleen, but also the pancreas. If you do not suffer from pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, you can sometimes indulge in the nepostoic fish, but you should not get carried away;
- Beet. Beetroot is a good help not only for those who want to keep the spleen healthy, but also to support the body during anemia. Rich in vitamins, beets in boiled form will only please your body and improve digestion (boiled well-frayed beets can also be used by people with a pancreatic patient or gastrointestinal tract during a period of stable remission);
- Cabbage. This vegetable of any kind is suitable for those who have a healthy digestion. Vitamin-rich cabbage perfectly helps with diseases of the immune system, but for those who suffer from problems with the gastrointestinal tract, it is better to be careful with it;
- Apples, pomegranates, avocados. These three products are not in vain combined into one group. All of them are rich in iron storage. With low hemoglobin, anemia and general weakness, they will work fine. The main thing is to consult with your doctor on the form of their use (in some cases, these fruits need to be thermally processed, finely shred or squeeze the juice);
- Some types of nuts. The important word here is some. I must say that nuts, despite the general propaganda of their benefits, the product is very dangerous and very heavy. And since people with an absolutely healthy digestive tract in our time are rarely met, it is not worth advising everyone to eat nuts, even for spleen health. In this case, it will be right to send you advice to your doctor; he will probably choose for you the varieties of nuts that will be of benefit;
- Liquid porridge (in particular, oatmeal). Kashi will suit both those who already have diseases of the spleen, and those who just want to keep her healthy. Also extremely useful for digestion in general is oatmeal decoction;
- Honey. A unique product that replaces sweets and sugars harmful to the body and strengthens the immune system. Great for those who often feel a sense of weakness and pain;
- Cranberry. Cranberry fruit drinks are not only an old method of strengthening immunity, but also a magical remedy for kidney diseases of the most diverse nature. Therefore, with it you will not only strengthen the spleen, but also prevent renal pathologies.
What products are afraid of the spleen – 4 species
The main groups of products that the spleen does not “love” or “fear” are:
- All kinds of fats. They disrupt metabolic processes and the absorption of calcium (and calcium, in turn, is necessary for the synthesis of red blood cells);
- Fried, spicy and salty foods. This is a hell of a load on the spleen. The harmful components contained in such dishes are not normally removed from the body, disrupting the operation of many systems;
- Alcohol. We will not talk about the obvious drawbacks of alcohol. It dehydrates blood cells, almost completely stopping the work of the spleen;
- Preservatives, flavorings, spices. All these substances are capable of blocking the vascular system of the organ in question.
Pain after eating – what can it mean?
The degree of pain syndrome depends on the diameter of the spleen enlargement and the strength of its pressure on the surrounding tissue. Normally, the spleen should be slightly less than the fist or equal in diameter. In the presence of infections in her area or other diseases, the diameter of the organ increases two to three times.
But do not think that only because of the disease the spleen can hurt in this area after eating. There are other reasons why the spleen hurts:
- Food poisoning;
- Pancreatic pathology (for example, pancreatitis);
- Intestinal blockage;
- Stones in the gall;
- Diseases of the digestive tract.
Sometimes people start to panic and believe that the pain is localized in the spleen. It is not always so. Therefore, to obtain an accurate diagnosis, you need to pass the diagnosis.
Diet while removing the body
If you, for one reason or another, did not save the spleen, you should pay attention to the rules of nutrition in this case. A diet for the first days and months is a doctor who watched you during the operation and rehabilitation.
In the future, all the food must be steamed or stewed.
The nutritional value of the daily diet should be approximately 2950 kcal. At the same time, fresh bread is excluded from the menu (perhaps the use of, for example, “yesterday’s” bread).
What can I eat after spleen removal? In the absence of this body, it is best to give preference to the following products:
- Soups in vegetable broth (you can add some types of cereals)
- Dietary soup (without meat);
- Meat and fish (only lean options);
- Low-fat dairy products;
- Liquid porridge;
- Some vegetables.
Food for other diseases
Nutrition for diseases of the spleen, as well as for its injuries, is practically no different from the nutrition that is recommended for strengthening this organ. The diet of adult men and women, as well as children, should include cereals, some types of nuts, beets, honey and fruit drinks of different composition.
This type of diet has much in common with that which is recommended when the spleen is removed. The inflammatory process in the organ requires a large amount of iron to normalize blood formation. You need to eat a little, but often (about 5-6 times a day).
Also be sure to observe the following recommendations:
- Healing infusions. Herbal medicine is a great helper in the fight for a healthy spleen. During the treatment of inflammation, it is imperative to drink dogrose infusion, as well as chamomile infusions;
- Fruit juices and compotes. Pomegranate juice, the main source of iron for a weakened organism, will be a good help. It is also worth cooking apple compotes and eating fresh berries;
- Juice from beet or white cabbage. This item is worth discussing with your doctor, because cabbage juice can cause bloating and heartburn.
When magnified or bruised
With splenomegaly (injury, bruise) or normal increase, it is important to normalize blood circulation and blood sugar levels. To do this, follow the following dietary rules:
- Water. During therapy, it is important to drink enough water, but not overdo it;
- Keep track of food temperature. Your food should not be too hot or cold;
- Morsy, broths, juices. The golden ratio of a healthy spleen. Be sure to drink broth from the hips, cranberry fruit drinks, decoctions of hawthorn, there are grenades, prepare apple compotes.
The rest of the diet should be made up of those products that are listed in the previous paragraphs.
And now we offer you to get acquainted with the video:
In spite of the fact that the spleen is not obligatory for a normal life support of the organ, one should not forget about her health. After all, our immunity and the health of joints, metabolic processes and gastrointestinal organs depend on it. To help keep this body in good shape will help a special diet, which we discussed in our article.