When there is no menstruation in due time, the lower abdomen and lower back are pulled, and pregnancy first comes to mind. But in some situations, these symptoms indicate health problems.
Causes of delayed menstruation if pulling the lower abdomen and lower back
When the blood discharge did not start on time, conception probably occurred, especially if unprotected sexual intercourse was performed at the time of the appearance of the egg. In this case, you just have to make a diagnosis yourself, using the test. It is recommended to do on the 5th day of the absence of menstruation. It is at this time that the amount of hCG produced by the shell of the fetus reaches the level read by the tests.
If the test is negative during a 3-4-day delay, pulls the lower abdomen and lower back, there is bloody or brown discharge, and the day before there are signs of an “interesting situation”, such as nausea, weakness, dizziness, and an ectopic pregnancy is possible. It is dangerous to attach the ovum outside the uterus, which causes internal bleeding. HCG with this fixation of the fetus is produced in a very small amount and the reagent is not readable during testing.
When there is a delay in menstruation, the lower abdomen and lower back are pulled, the reason may lie in the failure of the menstrual cycle. Pain when this act PMS. In the life of a woman who is not previously confronted with non-rhythmic processes, violations are possible.
Shifting critical days to 5 days, if nothing else bothers, can cause:
- Stress state, when excessive experiences cause deviations in the work of the stomach, intestines, endocrine system, as well as the fertility function.
- Climate change, especially fluctuations associated with the flight, can not only delay the monthly, but also “bring happiness” to our lady 3-4 days earlier.
- The high physical exertion that athletes and dancers have is also causing a breakdown. Especially if, on the eve of the expected monthly, there were observed enhanced long-term training or unusually hard physical work.
- Hormonal changes if the girl takes oral contraceptives. Pills depress some processes by influencing the production of hormones. In view of this, an imbalance occurs, the consequence of which is a failure of the rhythm.
Small shifts in the delay of menstruation with a negative test, when pulling the lower abdomen and lower back can be physical work, stress, long flight
Delay as evidence of disease
One of them is called various gynecological diseases. Therefore, when the lower back hurts, it pulls the lower abdomen, delayed menstruation, and itchy vagina, bloody discharge with an unpleasant smell, pain when urinating, it can be inflammatory processes:
- Vaginitis: inflammation of the walls of the vagina, characterized by pains comparable with contractions and radiating to the lower back, large amounts of discharge, itching;
- Adnexitis: inflammation of the ovary. Sometimes the disease proceeds covertly, it can cause a delay of 3-5 days, so you should visit a doctor in order not to start it;
- Endometritis: inflammation of the lining of the uterus, characterized by pain and bleeding.
If, in addition to lower abdominal pain, itching in the vagina, bloody discharge and discomfort during urination – may be the beginning of the inflammatory process.
When there is a delay of menstruation, pulling the lower abdomen and lower back, white discharge, similar to a curd with a characteristic sour odor, irritates the skin and vaginal mucosa, which indicates the disease thrush. This disease is caused by the fungus Candida. In this case, do not self-medicate, qualified gynecologist help will quickly get rid of the disease.
Diseases of the reproductive system
Signs such as delayed menstruation, pulling the lower abdomen and lower back, can also be observed in diseases of non-sexual systems, such as the kidneys and bladder (cystitis, pyelonephritis). But here the temperature rises by 2-3 days, and the postponement of menstruation is possible due to the proximity of the urinary and genital organs. A problem with one of them affects others.
Damage to the gastrointestinal tract can also cause pain: intestinal inflammation (colitis), the formation of adhesions and hernias in it, appendicitis and other diseases can also delay the onset of critical days for 3-4 days. Therefore, it is necessary to distinguish the nature of pain, in this case:
- pain in the abdomen will be pulling, cutting, stabbing;
- can pull the lower back;
- bloating, diarrhea, or constipation;
- temperature rise.
Gastrointestinal problems can cause back and lumbar pain, the disease can delay the onset of menstruation for several days
If you receive a negative response to testing, having made sure that you are not pregnant, do not look for the cause of the deviation yourself, contact your doctor so that the examination and treatment can be carried out on time.