Vaginal candidiasis, commonly called thrush in everyday life, is often the case of girls at the end of puberty. It was at this time that girls faced with unpleasant symptoms of the disease, which lead them to female consultation. Thrush in girls, the treatment of which should be timely, can cause serious gynecological problems.
What is thrush in girls?
To understand why vaginal candidiasis occurs, it is enough to understand a little about the physiology of the female body. Then everything will become simple and clear, besides, armed with knowledge, girls can prevent cases of acute candidiasis.
During puberty, the girl’s body undergoes significant changes under the influence of changes in the level of hormones. “Launch” of hormonal adjustment takes place at the age of 10–12 years, it is at this time that girls start menstruating for the first time, and at 15 they usually stabilize their hormone levels. Since the entire reproductive system works as a single mechanism, the vaginal microflora depends directly on how female sex hormones affect it.
The determining hormones in this regard are estrogens. It is the hormones of this group that create an acidic environment in the vagina in which pathogenic microflora cannot develop. While the level of estrogen is normal – thrush should not appear.
If the hormonal level falls, the vaginal microflora is one of the first to respond to these changes. Pathogenic microorganisms, including Candida fungi, simply bloom against this background and begin to actively proliferate. Considering the immediate causes of thrush in girls, it is worth summing up that the leading one is hormonal imbalance.
There is also an additional set of factors that can trigger a disease for the first time or aggravate a previously existing pathology. All these factors primarily affect the amount of estrogen, after which indirectly begins to change the acidity of the vaginal environment.
Among such factors are:
- pituitary pathology;
- thyroid disease;
- drastic weight loss;
- the appearance of hormone-dependent neoplasms;
- treatment with hormonal drugs without taking into account individual features (self-treatment);
- iron and cholesterol deficiency;
- antidepressants and nootropics.
Each of these points is extremely important and can trigger the symptoms of thrush in girls. Photo signs of disease on the Internet – almost in the top queries among the categories of 16 years and older. The appearance of the first signs of the disease disturbs girls, and they want to get more information about the problem that concerns them.
Can a guy infect?
Thrush is not a female disease. Men also suffer from the disease, only their candidiasis is much less pronounced than that of the fair sex. In most cases, the pathology is asymptomatic, so the guy may not even be aware of his danger to the sexual partner. Infection with thrush can occur at any age, even at the age of 17, if sex life passes without protection.
Why is thrush in girls can appear from their sexual partner, if they are OK with hormone levels? The answer is simple – the vagina receives in addition to its own candida fungi, which are inhibited by an acidic medium, an additional “portion” of fungi from the sexual partner. The body cannot cope with such a volume of pathogenic microflora, therefore, vaginal dysbacteriosis appears,
And it does not matter at all whether the disease was earlier, or these are the first signs of thrush – the pathological process is already running.
Where does candidiasis still come from?
You can become infected with candidiasis not only after having sex with an infected sexual partner.
In addition, there are several factors that can trigger candidiasis:
- Taking antibacterial drugs is one of the common causes of vaginal candidiasis. Antibiotics can not only kill pathogens, but also upset the balance of beneficial microflora. Reducing the number of lactobacilli due to antibiotics is a direct way to increase the number of candida fungi.
- Improper diet – the predominance or deficiency of fermented milk products can also provoke thrush, because the level of lactobacilli is violated. Often this sin girls who follow mono diets, for example, kefir.
- The presence in the body of serious diseases – provoke thrush somatic pathology, for example, uncompensated diabetes. Especially dangerous in relation to the occurrence of thrush diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Gynecological procedures – the first pelvic examination, early pregnancy and
These factors also often cause an imbalance of the microflora of the vagina, so girls need to minimize their effect on their body.
Symptoms and signs: how it looks in the photo
The first sign of a girl’s thrush is the appearance of itching and burning in the vagina. This unpleasant symptom annoys the whole day, but usually the sensations increase in the evening. In the area of the genital organs, white cheesy formations with a specific odor are noticeable. White patina appears on the genitals.
If a girl is sexually active, then sexual contact becomes unpleasant, painful. There is pain when urinating. With severe development of the disease, the mucosa looks edematous, hyperemic.
It should be noted that the intensity of the manifestation of signs of candidiasis is individual, it depends on the state of the vaginal microflora and the level of the body’s defenses. For example, in some girls, curd discharge is insignificant and inconspicuous, but the sour smell is retained when dysbacteriosis is present.
How to get rid of thrush girl?
It is necessary to treat thrush. If you do not get rid of the disease at an early stage, the pathology will become chronic. The modern pharmaceutical industry offers a range of effective remedies for thrush for girls. With their help, you can successfully cure the disease at home. The average duration of therapy is 10-14 days.
Tablets are the best way to treat thrush in girls who are not sexually active. Good pills cope with candidiasis in a few days.
Effective pills for thrush – Kanesten, Nizoral, Terzhinan, Ginesol, Mycozoral, Nystatin, Fluomizin, Flucostat, Levorin, Diflucan. These drugs are based on strong active antifungal substances: isoconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole, levorin, natamycin, itraconazole. Each of these drugs has features in the appointment. The dosage and course of treatment with drugs are entitled to appoint only a doctor.
Candles are an effective means of treating a disease, because during therapy there is a direct local effect of the drug in the area of excessive spread of the fungus Candida. A young girl, not leading a sexual life,
Effective drugs against vaginal candidiasis are candles Clotrimazole, Livarol, McMiror, Ginesol, Nystatin, Zalain, Polygynax, Hexicon, Klion-D. The specific name of the drug is prescribed by the doctor on the basis of the results of tests, taking into account how long the girl has been ill, and what complications have appeared on the background of the disease.
For the treatment of thrush have funds and populists. To cope with the symptoms of the disease, you can do the washing with oregano, salt, soda and iodine. Useful one-component infusions of chamomile, sage, calendula, yarrow. A good effect is given by herbal infusions:
- yarrow, oak bark, sage and rosemary;
- knotweed, stinging nettle, chamomile and oak bark;
- Chamomile and Potentilla goose.
If washing away does not help, put tampons with tea tree oil, sea buckthorn or lavender oil overnight. Patients also note the effectiveness of tampons with honey, aloe juice. Using folk remedies, girls need to remember that they are not able to cope with severe vaginal candidiasis, so you should not postpone the visit to the doctor. From the age of 18 they turn to an adult gynecologist, and up to this age – to the children’s.
Prevention for thrush – the main measures to help avoid this disease.
To prevent the development of pathology, you need:
- Time to undergo medical examinations and treat until the end of the disease, especially the genitourinary system;
- During puberty, girls should pay attention to the hygiene of the genitals, use special products with neutral acidity to wash away;
- When treating with antibiotics, doctors will advise additional remedies against dysbiosis, the use of which should not be ignored;
- Underwear should be from natural fabrics, so that synthetics do not create a greenhouse effect;
- If there is uncertainty about the sexual partner, it is better to use barrier methods of contraception;
- If both the girl and the boy were sick with candidiasis, they need to be treated in parallel, so that later they do not become a repeated threat to each other.
It is easy to recover from vaginal candidiasis if the disease is stopped at an early stage. Any gynecologist will advise the best medicine to girls, taking into account all the individual characteristics of the patient. Competent and responsible treatment of pathology is the key to women’s health.