Lioton Gel is a proven remedy for varicose veins, and it also helps prevent blood clots and removes bruises.
Since the drug contains heparin, it perfectly eliminates inflammation and pain, dilutes the blood and prevents clots.
Lioton 1000 gel helps to relieve swelling, reduces vascular permeability and relieves inflammation. When applied to the skin after 8 hours, the content of active components in the blood reaches a maximum. The full therapeutic effect is reduced only after 24 hours, and the excretion and breakdown of heparin is controlled by the kidneys.
Anticoagulant of direct action, belongs to the group of middle molecular heparins.
Pharmacy sales terms
Sold without a prescription.
How much is Lyoton 1000? The average price in pharmacies is 350 rubles.
Release form and composition
Lioton dosage form is represented by gel for external use. It is produced in tubes:
One gram contains 1000 IU of heparin sodium and auxiliary agents:
- Carbomer 940;
- 96% ethanol;
- Methyl parahydroxybenzoate;
- Propyl parahydroxybenzoate;
- Lavender oil and non-cerium;
Lyoton production is owned by the company
The drug is used in the treatment of venous and arterial thrombosis. Gel Lioton 1000 actively acts on blood coagulation and destroys fibrin, which is the basis of blood clots, thus preventing the formation of blood clots and hematomas. This is due to the presence in the composition of anticoagulants (it is heparin), it also does not allow the growth of existing blood clots.
In addition, the effect of the gel is also aimed at reducing the vulnerability of blood vessels, it prevents the formation of soft tissue edema by improving its metabolism and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Lioton 1000 improves blood circulation in tissues and the body.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Lioton is shown in the following cases:
- Phlebothrombosis, superficial vein thrombophlebitis;
- Edema and localized infiltrates;
- Superficial mastitis;
- Varicose veins in the legs;
- Various complications after vein surgery;
- Subcutaneous hematomas;
- Bruises and injuries of muscle tissue, tendons or joints;
- Hemorrhoids, including postpartum.
Lioton is also, according to reviews, effective as a prophylaxis of superficial vein thrombophlebitis during the treatment of postinfusion and postinjection phlebitis.
Lioton 1000 is contraindicated to apply in the presence of hypersensitivity to the drug.
With increased bleeding, the drug should be used with caution.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Use during pregnancy is possible only under strict indications, under close medical supervision.
May be used during lactation (breastfeeding) according to indications.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Lioton 1000 is used externally, applying the gel on the affected area and gently rubbing it, 1-3 times a day. Single dose – 3-10 cm of gel.
During the application of Lioton 1000 may develop side effects, manifested in the form of allergic reactions.
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- During treatment with heparin, monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is necessary.
- For the cultivation of heparin using only saline.
- Be wary of externally with bleeding and conditions of increased bleeding, thrombocytopenia.
- With the development of severe thrombocytopenia (a decrease in the number of platelets by 2 times from the initial number or below 100,000 / μl), it is urgent to stop the use of heparin.
- Intravenous heparin is not recommended due to the possibility of hematoma development, and intramuscular administration of other drugs during treatment with heparin.
- The risk of bleeding can be minimized with careful evaluation of contraindications, regular laboratory monitoring of blood coagulation and adequate dosing.
Use with caution in patients with polyvalent allergies (in
The anticoagulant effect of heparin increases with the simultaneous use of anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents and NSAIDs.
Ergot alkaloids, thyroxin, tetracycline, antihistamines, and nicotine reduce the effect of heparin.
We picked up some reviews of people who used Lioton 1000 gel:
- Alexander . I use the week, it helped a lot. they found varicose veins and thrombosis on one leg, calves were sore, began to smear, after 2 days all the pain disappeared. I thought not because of Lioton, and did not use it one day, and it was not there, the pain returned. When using Lioton, nothing hurts.
- Dmitriy . I am pleased to leave a review about the Lioton tool. Gel perfectly removes puffiness, fights varicose veins symptoms, heals bruises. In our family, ointment is used by everyone except the child. None of my relatives have ever had allergies or other side effects. The drug is economically consumed, we buy at the pharmacy every 2 months.
- Victoria Lioton was prescribed to me at the beginning of varicose veins, in combination with compression stockings. In general, the impressions of the gel are good, it is quite pleasant to use, it smells normal, the structure is light, the clothes do not get dirty. And the legs after him feel much better, fatigue and swelling disappear, even, it seems to me, the spider veins diminished.
- Marina I really like the smell of lyoton – the smell of lavender is very pleasant)))) The doctor prescribed smear my spider veins on my legs. I have just bought it – I have been using it for only three days, I can’t say anything about efficiency, but the fact that very pleasant sensations occur during application is a fact.
Gel Lioton – a highly effective tool due to the active substance heparin. A number of cheaper drug analogues are presented on the pharmaceutical market. Before you replace Lioton with another drug, you should consult with your doctor. The most common analogue of Lioton is Heparin ointment.
Other similar medications include:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children. Shelf life – 5 years.