One of the most common nephrological diseases is pyelonephritis. This disease affects the renal pelvis and kidney parenchyma, causes impaired urination, pain in the lumbar region and may even result in an abscess. Not the most pleasant consequence of the acute form is its transition to the chronic form, which is much more difficult to treat. That is why it is important to diagnose the disease in time and start taking the necessary pills from pyelonephritis to serious complications.
In the acute course of the disease, its main symptoms are fever, weakness, muscle aches – all those signs that accompany almost any infectious process in the body. Already later pain in the lumbar region is added to these symptoms, usually on the one hand. Therefore, tablets for pyelonephritis are prescribed to solve two main problems:
- relieve symptoms to alleviate the condition of the patient,
- eliminate the infection.
Another question – the cause of the disease, it is important to find out the nature of the occurrence in order to prevent relapses.
Treatment of pyelonephritis tablets, as already noted above, has two directions.. To eliminate the symptoms apply:
- analgesics, most often it is a combination of drugs, including anesthetic and antispasmodic component. The use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is not recommended due to these non-toxic toxicity.
- Antipyretic drugs – Paracetamol is commonly used. By the way, in a fairly high dose (up to 1000 mg), he, quite possibly, can relieve the pain syndrome.
Antibiotics and antimicrobial agents of various groups are used to eliminate the infectious agent. Antibiotics for pyelonephritis should be selected on the basis of urinalysis data, which will show not only the causative agent of the disease, but can also help establish its sensitivity to a particular antibiotic in this particular patient. Unfortunately, in our country, the method of selecting antibiotics based on the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of treatment has taken root, although an initially properly selected drug can significantly speed up the treatment of pyelonephritis. The antibiotics most commonly used for this disease belong to the following groups:
- Penicillin antibiotics (amoxicillin, ampicillin, etc.), this also includes combinations of penicillins with clavulonic acid, such as Amoxiclav. With pyelonephritis, this group of drugs used for a long time and quite successfully.
- Injection cephalosporin antibiotics II and III generations (cefoxime, cefazolin).
It is important that antibiotics for pyelonephritis and cystitis, as well as for other infectious diseases, are taken as an obligatory minimum course for 7 days, and if necessary, the duration of antibiotic therapy can be extended to two weeks.
Another group of drugs that fight infection in diseases of the urinary system are antimicrobials. These are synthetic compounds of the following chemical classes:
- Fluoroquinolones (ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin, etc.). It should be noted that in the treatment of urological diseases, the drug of choice is norfloxacin.
- Nitrofurans (furadonin, furamag, etc.). These are rather old, but rather effective medicines.
- Oxyquinolines (nitroxoline). Also known for a long time group of drugs, but due to its active use in the treatment of diseases of the urinary system, the sensitivity of many microorganisms to them has decreased significantly in recent years.
- Sudanilamidy. This is a well-known Biseptol, which currently does not have sufficient effectiveness in the fight against infections.
- Phosphonic acid derivatives. Today it is the only drug – fosfomycin. In pharmacies, it is sold under the original trade name Monural, and with pyelonephritis this drug is used less frequently and is usually prescribed to treat cystitis. But it is worth noting its powerful and fast antimicrobial action throughout the urinary system. Monural is a fairly effective cure for pyelonephritis, which can be prescribed in the complex treatment of the disease.
Uroseptics with pyelonephritis are one of the main groups of drugs, along with antibiotics, they affect the urinary tract. Practically all antibiotics can be attributed to this group, since they pass through the kidneys and are excreted in the urine, but the best uro-septic tank will be the one that maximally retains the antibacterial activity when excreted through the urinary tract.
Herbal medicines are also used in the complex treatment of kidney inflammation.. These may be independent medicinal herbs (bearberry, lingonberry, birch buds, etc.), multi-component charges (urological collection), or drugs based on various herbs. Phytolysin works quite effectively with pyelonephritis, the drug is a vegetable-based paste that is diluted with water and ingested. Phytolysin contains extracts of birch leaf, horsetail grass, parsley root, knotweed grass, etc. The preparation has an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, diuretic and antispasmodic effect.
To date, there are many different medical treatments for pyelonephritis. But only a doctor will be able to pick them up correctly, therefore, if there are signs of an inflammatory process in the kidneys or back pain, consult a specialist.