treatment of joints and spine
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Flat feet
- Heel spur
Psoriatic Arthritis | Psoriasis treatment
Exercise and arthritis http: //
Local therapy: the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory creams, ointments or gels; intra-articular or periarticular glucocorticosterteids.
Causes of Psoriatic Arthropathy
There is no specific test confirming psoriatic arthritis, therefore, the doctor will evaluate all the symptoms and prescribe examinations to rule out other possible causes of the disease, which can cause similar complaints, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis are chronic diseases, over the years they tend to progress and take a protracted nature, however, there may be periods of “calm” (remission) when the symptoms disappear and the condition returns to normal, alternating with periods of exacerbation. As a rule, deterioration (improvement) of the skin and joints occurs simultaneously.
Exclusion of stressful situations, nervous overvoltages, you may have to change jobs or even move to another place of residence.
The patient should independently knead the joints daily as much as possible. It is necessary to engage not only the affected areas, but the whole body.
Psoriasis is mainly manifested in the skin, but not every form is limited only by this. Because it is important to conduct timely methods of laboratory and radiological diagnosis in order to ensure the normal functioning of the internal organs.
Sharp pain when moving;
Drugs that are widely used in hypertensive illness can also affect the normal functioning of the skeletal system, such as vasocorlyl, egilok, atenolol, and others.
For moderate pain in the joints, simple pain relievers (paracetamol) are used, and if they are insufficient, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed.
The surgeon’s help is rarely used, only in cases where conventional treatment does not give a good result and does not alleviate the symptoms.
X-ray examination. Allows you to distinguish changes characteristic of psoriatic arthritis and not found in other diseases.
Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis
– a skin disease in which plaques form on it, consisting of dense areas covered with dry cornified layers of skin cells. Arthritis causes pain and stiffness of the joints. Both diseases belong to the autoimmune group, that is, they appear when the immune system, which normally protects the body from harmful agents, such as bacteria and viruses, mistakenly begins to attack healthy cells and tissues. An abnormal immune response causes inflammation of the joints and excessive production of skin cells.
The main manifestations of psoriatic arthritis:
Smoking and alcohol are well-known enemies of a healthy lifestyle, but this is especially noticeable when bone tissue suffers from arthritis. The use of alcohol and tobacco provokes the development of many disorders in the work of the internal organs, and in the presence of any pathology, it aggravates it. Alcohol reduces the resistance of an already weakened organism, and nicotine gums clog up blood vessels and inhibit trophic and wired function. As a result, thrombosis, oxygen deficiency, failure of a vital organ.
Prevention of Psoriatic Arthritis
The main symptoms that the specialist will pay attention to are:
- From the side of other organs, the disease is more often manifested in the tissues of the eye, namely iritis, ulcers in the area of the mouth and on the whole body. There are also especially severe malignant forms, which occur predominantly in men. In such cases, the skin manifestations are accompanied by fever, general intoxication of the body, inflammation of the myocardium and organs of the urogenital system. Not rarely accompanied by polyneuritis.
- Fingers can take the form of sausages.
- The following hypothesis of the cause of psoriatic arthritis can be identified infectious diseases of a chronic nature, which are accompanied by prolonged inflammatory process. This contributes to a significant reduction in immunity and the joining of pathologies of the joints.
- Psoriatic arthritis is a disease that develops against the background of the dermatological pathology of psoriasis. This affects the joints, both large and fingers and toes. Often the pathological process also affects the spine, which can result in complete paralysis for the patient. Because it is important to know what the initial manifestations of psoriatic arthritis, diagnostic methods and treatment options.
- Currently, great attention in the treatment of arthritis is paid to drugs that are able to eliminate not only pain, but also prevent, slow down or reverse the development of pathological processes occurring in the joints with arthritis. Such drugs are called chondroprotectors, that is, drugs that protect cartilage. They are able to stimulate the synthesis of the main substance of cartilage and at the same time inhibit the production of an enzyme that destroys cartilage. Thus, chondroprotectors enhance restorative and suppress destructive processes in cartilage. When they are prescribed, pain is often significantly reduced, the range of movement increases, the function of the joints is restored. Chondroprotectors are well tolerated and very rarely cause side effects.
The good news about psoriatic arthritis is that you can do a lot on your own to keep yourself in good shape. These activities will help to significantly alleviate the symptoms without causing side effects:
Analysis of synovial fluid. From a large joint, usually the knee, with a needle, you can remove a small amount of synovial fluid and examine its composition in the laboratory. If uric acid is found in it, most likely it indicates that you have gout, not psoriatic arthritis.
Forms of arthritis in psoriasis
It is not entirely clear why the immune system attacks healthy tissue, but it is assumed that heredity and the environment play a certain role. Many people with psoriatic arthritis have close relatives (parents, brothers, sisters) with psoriasis, and researchers have found specific genetic markers associated with this disease. If you have someone from close relatives suffering from psoriatic arthritis, this does not mean that this disease will develop in you, it only means that you have a predisposition to this disease. Physical injury or infectious (viral) disease can trigger the development of psoriatic arthritis in people with hereditary predisposition.
- The joints are hot to the touch.
- Preventive measures are not just rules, but already the lifestyle of a patient with psoriasis, since the disease is not curable, and this will have to be fought for the whole life. And for the sake of his own good, he will have to give up many familiar things in order to save his life and improve its quality.
- The main measure for the prevention of arthritis in psoriasis is constant monitoring by a specialist, moderate exercise and proper nutrition.
- Bone resorption at the site of inflammation of the small joint (osteolysis);
- Especially often the pain manifests itself in the earlier time after waking up, which is described as “morning stiffness”, as well as during prolonged physical work. Movement at this time is significantly reduced, it is impossible to make a fist, pipe to keep ordinary objects.
Diagnosis: X-ray value
The hereditary factor also plays an important role. Scientists have proved the fact of the influence of the disease in the parents on the possibility of pathology in the child, but only if both parents were ill. Therefore, it is not necessary to fully confirm the cause of arthropathy in psoriasis, as a result of genetics, but as a risk factor, it is the place to be.
The disease objectively combines both manifestations of psoriasis and arthritis. In the big picture, this is a terrible affliction that affects physical and psychological health.
Surgical treatment (arthroplasty), which is used only for the most advanced forms of arthritis.
Radiodiagnosis is necessary, as in the picture you can see the specific manifestations of psoriatic arthritis:
- Vasily Zhukov
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR).
- Psoriasis The presence of psoriasis is one of the most important risk factors for psoriatic arthritis. People who have psoriatic lesions of the nails are particularly susceptible to the development of psoriatic arthritis;
Treatment of psoriatic arthritis
Specific lesion of the joints in psoriatic arthritis.
- Article rating: (
- The tendency to arthritis can be hidden for a long time, so you need to pay attention to the joints no less than the skin. Hypothermia, stressful situations, traumatic injuries can provoke the development of pathology. From this it follows that you need to take care of yourself, especially in winter, avoid hypothermia and drafts.
- The deposition of calcium in the bones of the spine;
- A specialist can easily make a diagnosis only for external manifestations of psoriasis, as well as in the case of close relatives. Also, for the purpose of diagnosis, they resort to radiography and analysis for rheumatoid factor.
Despite a large number of theories, a single reason is still unknown, and therefore the treatment is given to the pipe and almost always to no avail.
The causes of this disease can be many factors that boil down to one thing – a weak immune system, against which all pathological processes begin.
Prevention of Psoriatic Arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis is a chronic, progressive joint disease associated with psoriasis.
Rheumatoid factor (RF). RF is an antibody, that is, a protein that is produced by the immune system, often present in the blood in rheumatoid arthritis. In psoriatic arthritis, it is not found, so they are prescribed to distinguish these diseases.
Hereditary predisposition For many people with psoriatic arthritis, close relatives also suffer from this disease;
There are five main types of psoriatic arthritis that can manifest over time in the same person:
The basic principles of arthritis prevention:
- When the symptoms are already beginning to manifest they do not need to be ignored, since at the early stage, with the right treatment, development can be stopped and thus the grave consequences can be avoided.
- Defeat of intervertebral discs.
- The form of the disease also plays a role in diagnosing and initiating rational treatment. Symptoms of various forms can differ, both intensity, and external manifestations. In total there are 5 forms – the defeat of only small joints, the defeat of several symmetrical joints, the defeat of the spine or pelvic bones, the characteristic psoriatic arthritis, severe manifestation of arthritis.
- Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis
- The risk factors are the same, both for women and men, in general, psoriasis is sick about 4% of the total population, and this is an impressive indicator ahead of schedule. What provokes the development of arthritis on the background of psoriasis?
Same as yesterday. Contact an allergist-immunologist
Prevention of psoriatic arthritis is not developed, due to the lack of knowledge about its cause. Conducted so-called. secondary prevention (i.e., prevention of the deterioration of the condition of patients after the onset of the disease), aimed at preserving the functional ability of the joints and slowing the rate of progression of psoriatic arthritis.
There is no specific treatment for psoriatic arthritis, and the main task is to reduce inflammation in the affected joints in order to prevent pain and loss of function.Age Although psoriatic arthritis can develop in everyone, adults from 30 to 50 are especially susceptible;Joint pain on one side of the body. This is one of the mild forms of psoriatic arthritis, the so-called asymmetric psoriatic arthritis, which affects the joints on one side of the body or different joints on each side of the body, including the hip, knee, ankle and wrist. Less than 5 joints are usually involved, they become painful and reddened. If asymmetric arthritis affects the hands and feet, the inflammation and swelling of the tendons can cause a characteristic thickening of the fingers (dactylitis), and they become similar to a small sausage (“sausage” fingers).Votes, average:A trip to a nutritionist, a fitness trainer will allow you to establish a healthy schedule of physical activity and nutrition.
Treatment of psoriatic arthritis is complex and includes the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs, basic anti-inflammatory drugs, biological agents. In addition to medication, a complex of gymnastic exercises and spa treatment is prescribed. Physical education is an exercise on the shoulders, on the elbow joints, for the hands, for the knees and for the rest of the small and large joints.
Pathological process in several small joints – this form is most often found, about 75% of all cases. In this case, the disease spreads to the interphalangeal joints of the fingers. Clinically, this is manifested by swelling of the hands, they gradually deform, shorten or increase in volume.
The joints are primarily affected, which means that the first signs will be pain in their area, baking, discomfort while walking, and swelling. Manifestations can be different, as a place of localization, and force. In one patient, the bone tissue of the spine may suffer, in another there is increased bone fragility or diseases of the small joints on the fingers.
Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis
Scientists agree that the causes of most dermatological pathologies are malfunction of the nervous system or impaired mental health of the patient. Among medical professionals, psoriasis is called psychosomatic pathology.
- Arthritis treatment should be aimed at reducing the manifestations of the disease, at restoring the metabolism in the articular cartilage (that is, preventing further destruction of cartilage) and maximally preserving the function of the affected joints. Treatment of arthritis involves the elimination of the main cause of arthritis or the treatment of the disease causing arthritis. Based on this, depending on the nature of arthritis, the treatment of arthritis should be comprehensive, long and systematic. It should include both methods of influence on the restorative processes in the cartilage tissue, and on the organism as a whole, using non-pharmacological, pharmacological and surgical methods of treating arthritis.
Drugs used to treat psoriatic arthritis:
Paul In general, both men and women suffer the same way, symmetric arthritis is more common in women, and spondylitis and lesions of the distal interphalangeal joints occur in men.
- Bilateral, or symmetric pain in the joints. Usually, symmetric psoriatic arthritis affects 5 or more joints symmetrically, that is, on both sides of the body. This form of arthritis is more common in women, and psoriasis associated with arthritis is more severe.
- Good nutrition, diet that is suitable for the treatment of arthritis and psoriasis;
- Nonsteroidal preparations for relieving inflammation can significantly reduce the inflammatory process, thereby reducing pain, and returning mobility. Such drugs include metindol, diclofenac.
- Pathological process in symmetrical joints – occurs in 10-20% of all cases. Inflammation occurs simultaneously in several joints, often symmetrical.
In most cases, it affects precisely the small joints on the hands, interphalangeal areas of the fingers. The nature of the onset of the lesion, depending on the etiological factor, may be acute or develop gradually, which happens most often.
Causes of Psoriatic Arthritis
Chronic overstrain can trigger the onset of the disease.The same, than and psoriasis in general, everything, everything … The result is still the same. Go
Heredity and environment
Non-pharmacological treatments for arthritis include:
Factors that increase the risk of psoriatic arthritis:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),
- Psoriatic arthritis can be painful and damage the joints, even with treatment. Some types of psoriatic arthritis can create additional difficulties, for example:
- Pain in the small joints of the hands. Psoriatic arthritis, affecting the smallest joints of the hands and feet, located near the nails (distal interphalangeal joints), is a rare form and occurs mainly in men. Nails also often become characteristic of psoriasis: they thicken, change color, and pits appear in them.
- Out of 5) Loading. Go
Complications of psoriatic arthritis
Physical activity, regular walks in the fresh air;
- Hormonal drugs aimed at relieving inflammation are prednisone, beclomethasone, diclofenac. Used to reduce the inflammatory process, as well as prescribed in parallel with other drugs to enhance the effect.
- Inflammation of the pelvic bones and spine – can be observed quite rarely, about 8% of all cases, but it is very difficult. At the same time, pain in the spine does not allow the patient to calmly move, to sit or lie down is also hard. In parallel, other pathologies of the skeletal system may join, because differential diagnosis is carried out with osteochondrosis, osteomyelitis, hernia, and others. Small joints can also be drawn into the process at the same time.
- The insidiousness of the pathology is that arthritis in psoriasis can develop even imperceptibly for the patient himself, and only in a stressful situation can it be felt. The patient does not complain of pain, there is only a small discomfort, to which he does not pay attention against the background of the underlying disease.
Diagnosis and examination of psoriatic arthritis
A tendency to the disease may not manifest for several years, but minor disturbances in the nervous regulation, stressful situations, chronic overstrain can directly trigger the onset of the disease. Fear can also cause development, but because doctors emphasize that people prone to dermatological disorders should isolate themselves from the frantic pace of modern life, get rid of stress and enjoy the present day. But ignoring these principles leads to irreparable, namely the incurable pathology develops.
Treatment of psoriatic arthritis
Back pain This form of psoriatic arthritis, called spondylitis, can cause inflammation of the spine, as well as stiffness and inflammation of the cervical, lumbar spine, and joints between the spine and the pelvis (sacroilial joints). Inflammation may occur at the sites of attachment of the ligaments to the spine. With the progression of the disease movement becomes painful and difficult.
Psoriatic arthritis is a form of arthritis that affects people with psoriasis (a complex skin disease). For many, psoriasis first develops and later arthritis, inflammation of the joints, joins. But sometimes arthritis precedes psoriasis.
- Prolonged and regular sleep;
- Treatment with basic drugs against inflammation – the drug methotrexate, cyclosporin A, sulfasalazin. They have a therapeutic effect for one or one and a half months.
- The typical form for psoriasis is interphalangeal parts of the hands.
Swelling in the area of the affected joints;
The addition of one disease to another and leads to such consequences as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, which complicates the life of the patient with constant pain, deformation changes of the joints, impaired metabolic processes in the body.
Lifestyle with psoriatic arthritis
Therapeutic gymnastics, which should be carried out in a sitting, lying or in the water (that is, without static loads) and should not cause increased pain in the joints. Exercises on bent knees and squats are completely excluded. Recommended swimming lessons.
Psoriatic arthritis! What is the treatment today!
Pain in the foot. Another condition associated with psoriatic arthritis is enthesopathy, the occurrence of pain and inflammation at the attachment of tendons and ligaments to the bones, the Achilles tendon and the plantar part of the foot (plantar fasciitis) are most often affected.Destructive arthritis. A small percentage of people with psoriatic arthritis have a severe form — mutilating arthritis. Over the years, this form of arthritis destroys the small bones of the hands, especially the fingers, leading to permanent deformity and dysfunction.Joint pain, stiffness and swelling are the main symptoms of psoriatic arthritis. Any joints are affected, including the small joints of the hands and the spine. The development of the disease is unpredictable: from moderate manifestations to pronounced changes in the joints. The course of psoriasis, like psoriatic arthritis, is undulating, and exacerbations can be followed by periods of complete absence of complaints.Wearing shoes in size, comfortable, without heels;Treatment with biological agents can reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of complications, and reduce the severity of symptoms.The latter most severe form occurs in 5% of all cases, pathological changes occur in small joints, their instability arises, and movement is severely restricted. This can lead to disability.Localized redness of the skin;In addition to nerve surges, traumatic joint damage can also provoke arthritis due to psoriasis. A bad fall, even with full external health, can cause slow arthritis. At first, only one joint is affected, which was injured, but due to the chronic process in the body, other joints are gradually drawn into the process.Methotrexate,Physiotherapy treatment: thermal procedures, ultrasound, magnetic therapy, laser therapy, acupuncture, hydrotherapy, massage, electric pulse muscle stimulation. Any physiotherapeutic procedures are carried out in the absence of contraindications.All prepapaty is prescribed only by a doctor, taking into account the course of the disease, the risk of side effects and the presence of concomitant diseases.Pain in the back and neck. Some people develop inflammation in the intervertebral joints (spondylitis) and the joints between the vertebrae and the pelvis.
If you have psoriasis, be sure to tell the doctor about joining joint pain. Psoriatic arthritis can begin suddenly or gradually, but in any case, this disease can seriously damage the joints if it is left without treatment.
Today, treatment consists of reducing the severity of the disease and preventing damage to the joints. Despite the fact that there are no drugs that completely cure psoriatic arthritis, without treatment and regular exercise, the course of this disease can be very difficult.
Constant weight control, if necessary, make a diet correction;
In parallel, medication drugs prescribed treatment gymnastics, which allows you to slow down the aging of the joints. It can be said this is the main part of the treatment of psoriatic arthritis.
Radiodiagnosis of psoriatic arthritis
Fever with other manifestations of inflammation;Some drugs for the treatment of psoriasis and other pathologies may provoke the development of arthritis. So, long-term use of antibiotics inhibits normal microflora, and this further affects the robot joints. Also, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs often lead to some disorders, along with diclofenac, ibuprofen, naproxen, and others.Infliximab (Infliximab)Getting rid of bad habits: quitting smoking, excessive consumption of coffee drinks.