Papazol belongs to the order of antispasmodics. It has a hypotensive and arterodilating action. It is a combination medicine that contains papaverine and bendazole.
Papaverine is a phosphodiesterase and creatine phosphokinase blocker within vascular smooth muscle cells. It helps to reduce the calcium content inside the cells, the accumulation of cyclic AMP and the emergence of vazolidarny effect.
Papazol is used for the treatment of diseases involving spasms of blood vessels and smooth muscles (zolecistitis, pancreatitis, ulcers) and high blood pressure.
The combined drug has antispasmodic, hypotensive, vasodilating action.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Papazol in pharmacies? The average price is at 15 rubles.
Release form and composition
Flat, cylinder-shaped white or white-gray tablets with splashes. Papazol is produced in banks of 10, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50 and 60 pieces and in cardboard packages, with or without 10 cells. UBF band – in cardboard packs of 10, 20, 30, 50 pieces, in packs with or without cells.
Each tablet contains 2 active active ingredients – Dibazol in the form of Bendazole hydrochloride and Papaverine hydrochloride, 0.03 g each. As auxiliary components are potato starch, calcium stearate, lactose monohydrate.
According to the instructions to Papazol, the effect of the drug due to its constituent components:
- Bendazole is a myotropic antispasmodic with vasodilating and hypotensive action. Also, this substance stimulates the function of the spinal cord, has a moderate immune stimulating effect.
- Papaverine – antispasmodic with hypotensive action. This substance also reduces the tone of blood vessels, relaxes smooth muscles of internal organs (in particular, the gastrointestinal tract, urinary and respiratory systems). When taken in large doses, papaverine slows down intracardiac conduction, reduces the excitability of the heart muscle, has a sedative effect.
Indications for use
Considering the described properties of active substances, Papazol is used for:
- Labile hypertension (elevated pressure);
- Peripheral paralysis of the facial nerve;
- Residual effects after suffering poliomyelitis;
- Moderately pronounced spasms of the peripheral arteries and vessels of the brain;
- Spasms of smooth muscles of internal organs,
There are certain conditions under which the use of tablets Band is prohibited. Contraindications include the following conditions:
- violation of the patency of the bronchi;
- liver or kidney failure;
- age under 1 year;
- allergic to the components of the drug.
Doctors also note that Papazol is not recommended for children under twelve years of age or for people with low blood pressure, as this can lead to weakness and poor health. Ignoring these facts, you can break the effect of the “Band” action and bring yourself not harm, but harm.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, the drug should be taken carefully under the close supervision of a physician.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that adult patients drink 1 tablet of Papazol 2 or 3 times a day 2 hours before a meal or two hours after it.
The duration of the course of treatment depends on the individual characteristics of the patient and the nature of the course of the disease. As a rule, reviews of Papazole confirm this, it ranges from 2 to 4 weeks (in adults).
The dosage of the drug and the duration of treatment in children are determined by the attending physician.
During the period of drug treatment, the intake of alcoholic beverages should be excluded.
During treatment with a drug, patients may develop side effects:
- Increased sweating;
- On the part of the central nervous system – dizziness, drowsiness, lethargy, weakness;
- Allergic reactions – skin rash, urticaria, flushing of the face;
- On the part of the digestive tract – nausea, constipation, abdominal distension, lack of appetite, sometimes vomiting, dry mouth, changes in the activity of hepatic transaminases;
- From the side of the cardiovascular system – a violation of the heart rhythm, a violation of the conductivity of the heart muscle, a decrease in the contractile function of the myocardium, tachycardia.
The use of Papazola has virtually no effect on the central nervous system, but its excessive dosage can produce a sedative effect.
Such signs as evidence of an overdose with Papazol may include:
- Visual impairment.
- Sensation of heat and sweating.
- Dizziness and nausea.
Treatment: removal of the drug, gastric lavage with activated carbon, the use of saline laxatives. Symptomatic therapy. There is no specific antidote.
The drug is prescribed with caution in case of low intestinal motility, traumatic brain injury, hypothyroidism, prostatic hypertrophy and adrenal insufficiency.
When using the drug must take into account the interaction with other drugs:
- Papazol weakens the effect of anticholinesterase drugs on smooth muscles (galantamine, prozerin, physiostigmine).
- Adsorbents, astringent and enveloping drugs reduce the absorption of the drug in the gastrointestinal tract.
- With the simultaneous use of the drug with antispasmodics, sedative drugs, diuretics, tricyclic antidepressants, procainamide, reserpine, quinidine may increase the severity of the hypotensive effect.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Papazol:
- Tamara. I like the band. Old drug. Verified. Reduces pressure gently but effectively. Acts on a par with now popular Enap. I would clarify that the band helps me better than Enap. No side effects were observed. It’s just that it’s cheap, the doctors don’t issue it.
- Artem. Yes, Papazol really gently reduces the increased pressure due to nervous stress, overwork and
The drug is available and unique in its composition. But in the pharmacy you can find analogues of Papazol, having a similar pharmacological effect:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug is usable for 5 years from the date of issue.
The optimum temperature for storage is below 25 ° C.