What it is? Polyps in the gallbladder are the formations of a benign nature that occur on its internal mucosa.
The shape of the polyps is round or oval. Some entities may have a foot.
Usually there are single polyps. Excessive growth of formations is called polyposis.
According to statistics, the disease is more often fixed in women older than 30 years.
To date, the exact reasons for the formation of polyps are not identified. Predisposing factors of the disease include:
- cholesterol hypersecretion;
- metabolic disease;
- eating mostly fatty, fried foods;
- genetic predisposition;
- history of liver diseases: hepatitis, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, etc.
Pathogenesis of the disease
The gallbladder is a hollow organ whose walls are composed of several layers, one of which is muscular. Due to its functioning, the bladder contracts and evacuates the bile into the lumen of the duodenum so that further digestion takes place. Promotes the formation of cholesterol polyps congestion of bile.
They arise for many reasons. The most important of them are: violation of the diet, stress, etc. As a result, the concentration of bile changes. It stagnates, becomes thick. The altered composition of bile leads to abnormalities in the wall of the organ.
Against the background of changes in the wall of the gallbladder, stones begin to form, which lead to an inflammatory process. In turn, inflammation contributes to the formation of true polyps. Just as they often are located on a thin leg.
Symptoms of polyps in the gallbladder
Basically, the disease (with a small number of polyps and their small size) is accompanied by an asymptomatic course. The growth of polyps is characterized by the appearance of symptoms characteristic of cholecystitis and dyskinesias. Very often, they are randomly determined by ultrasound.
Symptoms of the disease are manifested in large polyps, which violate the evacuation of bile and lead to dyskinesia.
The disease is characterized by the following symptoms: pain in the right hypochondrium, severity, nausea after eating, etc. A little later, dyskinesia turns into cholelithiasis. It is with these symptoms that the patient often turns to a specialist.
The above symptoms are characteristic of many diseases of the gallbladder and ducts. That is why the doctor prescribes an ultrasound method. With its help, a polyp is defined as a small formation adjacent to the inner membrane of the bladder.
Another reliable instrumental method is endoscopic ultrasonography, in which the patient swallows the sensor, as with FGDS. The sensor allows you to more accurately know the smallest structure of the body. It produces high quality images.
Treatment of polyps in the gallbladder
Therapists, a gastroenterologist and a surgeon deal with the treatment of the disease.
Polyps are a health hazard because they are prone to degeneration into a malignant tumor. Tactics of treatment depends on the following factors:
- severity of symptoms of the disease;
- polyp size;
- polyp growth rate. The growth of a polyp by 2 mm more per year is considered fast. A provoking factor in the growth of education is pregnancy.
That is why, after finding a polyp in the gallbladder more than 1 cm in size with a tendency to grow, the doctor prepares the patient for a planned surgery (cholecystectomy), during which the polyp is removed along with the gallbladder.
Small polyps that do not manifest themselves with clinical symptoms are monitored using an ultrasound method once a year. Special control is exercised over the polyps sitting on the leg. When they are examined every six months.
With polyps, as well as after cholecystectomy, it is important to observe a special gentle diet. Excluded products containing coarse fiber, cholesterol, essential oils, spices. Products must be consumed in a twisted, finely chopped form. Food should be ingested often up to 6 times a day and in small portions in the form of heat. Per day is recommended to use at least 1.5 liters of water.
Treatment of polyps in the gall bladder folk remedies
Traditional medicine offers proven recipes used to treat a disease in non-admitted cases. It is important to remember that all traditional methods must be approved by a doctor.
- 1) Bear bile should be taken for 6 months, 2 capsules per day. The drug dilutes bile, reduces its stagnation and the occurrence of cholesterol deposits;
- 2) Celandine in the amount of 25 grams is poured with 0.5 liters of boiling water. An hour later, the broth must be filtered and drink 50 ml on an empty stomach 3 times a day. The general course of treatment is 1 month with a break of 10 days, you can drink the broth again;
- 3) Old raincoat mushrooms in the amount of 15 pieces should be crushed and mixed with 100 ml of vodka. After 7 days, the tincture will be ready. Mushrooms are filtered and mixed with butter weighing 500g. To the obtained product add 50 g of honey, mix everything thoroughly. The tool is used every time after eating food;
- 4) After the mushroom mixture is recommended to extend the treatment of aloe. Mix is prepared and applied, as well as with mushrooms, only 10 aloe leaves are added instead. It is recommended to drink hot tea;
- 5) Effective with polyps collection of the following herbs: watch three-leaf, immortelle flowers, peppermint, coriander.
Any course of treatment must be completed with a control ultrasound.
Which doctor to contact for treatment?
If, after reading the article, you assume that you have symptoms characteristic of this disease, then you should consult a gastroenterologist for advice.