Every person wants to have a beautiful smile. The main condition for this is healthy teeth. For some, they are good by nature, and some have to visit the doctor often to maintain their health. One of the problems that can deprive us of a beautiful smile is periodontal disease. Treatment of folk remedies is very popular. Next, consider what popular remedies for periodontal disease the most famous.
What does periodontal disease
Periodontal disease refers to dental diseases. It differs from periodontitis in that it is not accompanied by an acute inflammatory process. The danger of the disease is the destruction of the tissue around the tooth. The process is rather slow and, due to the absence of the inflammatory process, may not be disturbed for a long time. But the process of destruction will proceed. Appearance will deteriorate markedly. Over time, cosmetic defects will cause discomfort and complicate the condition of the dentition.
In the absence of the necessary treatment, the bony tissues of the jaw are affected, which, as a rule, leads to the loss of teeth.
The disease often develops in mature and old age, but is also found in young people. The sooner the therapy is started, the more chances to keep the teeth.
Many recognize that the treatment of diseases such as periodontal disease, treatment of folk remedies is the most effective.
Causes of periodontal disease
A few words about what can cause the development of the disease:
- Neglect of personal hygiene.
- Poor dental care.
- Lack of vitamins C, P.
- Increased load as a result of tooth extraction.
- Malfunctions of the endocrine glands.
- Excess blood sugar levels.
- The use of certain drugs.
- Insufficient amount of vitamins and trace elements in the diet.
- Lack of fruits, herbs, vegetables in the diet.
An important role is played by several factors:
- Frequent stress.
- Long-term smoking and drinking.
- Reduced immunity on the background of serious diseases.
If at least one of the above points suits you, you automatically fall into the risk group of those who can get sick with periodontal disease. Or maybe the disease is already slowly progressing? Consider her symptoms.
Signs of periodontal disease
It is impossible to call the disease completely asymptomatic. Every day, brushing your teeth, you should carefully examine the oral cavity. Symptoms of incipient periodontal disease are:
- The appearance of blood when brushing your teeth even with a soft brush.
- Very light gum color.
- The appearance of itching and burning in the gums.
- The presence of weak pain.
- Increased sensitivity of the gums.
- The appearance of blood in the use of hard food.
- Swelling of the gums.
- An unpleasant odor appears from the mouth.
- An abundant bacterial plaque is observed on the teeth.
- Gums go down, as a result, the roots of the teeth become bare.
- Poor tooth resistance.
- Between the teeth the gaps become longer.
- Offset teeth.
The process of periodontal disease development occurs in several stages:
- Early stage. Virtually no visible changes. But they have already begun inside due to lack of proper care or lack of trace elements. You can list a number of reasons.
- In the second stage, the teeth begin to shift, become sensitive, the gums fall. Visibly deteriorating appearance of the teeth.
If you do not conduct therapeutic interventions, serious consequences appear after 10 years or more. In the early stages of the disease, effective folk remedies for periodontal disease can help. But first about what the doctor can offer us.
Modern methods of therapy
At the sight of any violations, you must consult a doctor. Now there are the following methods for the treatment of periodontal disease:
- The use of medicines, gels to improve blood circulation.
- Physiotherapy procedures.
- Electrophoresis course.
- UV treatment.
- Ultrasound treatment.
- Surgical intervention has the following objectives: acceleration of the regenerative processes and plastic gum tissue.
In the initial stages, the doctor may advise resorting to the help of folk remedies for periodontal disease.
The effectiveness of popular recipes
Before you begin treatment with folk remedies, you should consult with your doctor. He can suggest how to cure periodontal disease with folk remedies and which recipes in your case will be more effective.
It is worth noting the advantages of traditional medicine in the treatment of periodontal disease:
- No difficulty in applying.
- Components are inexpensive.
- Lack of chemical ingredients.
- The therapeutic effect is not worse than that of synthetic drugs.
The only disadvantage in folk recipes is the possible intolerance of the components. But It is worth noting, there are so many recipes that you can pick up anyone. And many people start periodontal disease treatment with folk remedies. The most effective is hard to choose from a variety of recipes. But we will consider them.
Folk remedies for periodontal disease of the teeth primarily include recipes for rinsing the mouth. It is efficient and simple.
Here are some recipes:
- It is necessary to take calendula flowers at the rate of 1 tbsp. l 250 ml of water. Pour boiling water, strain after 20 minutes of infusion and use for rinsing the mouth. Use the solution in the form of heat.
- A decoction of oak bark is used in freshly prepared form after it cools. Rinse the procedure to repeat every hour.
After the full rinsing course has been completed, the condition of the gums will improve. But it is recommended to use not only rinsing. The approach should be comprehensive with periodontal disease. Treatment with folk remedies is the most effective if medical applications are used in combination with rinses.
Several recipes for how to treat periodontal disease with folk remedies using gum applications:
- Moisten a sterile napkin with tincture of propolis and apply to the gums overnight.
- Cut the aloe leaf lengthways and apply pulp to the gums also at night.
- Very good results when using lingonberry juice. They are moistened with a cotton swab and applied to the gums during the day. The swab must be replaced every 3 hours.
- Plant golden mustache effective in the fight against periodontal disease. Incise the sheet and attach to the gums for a while before bedtime.
- Good stops bleeding gums oil rosehip. Berries need to chop and pour olive oil. After 15 days the solution is ready. Used in the form of applications for 30-40 minutes.
- Can help ordinary beets. It is rubbed on a grate and applied from the outside of the gums. Applique better to do at night. If you take a course in 15 days, you can forget for bleeding gums.
You can not bypass the folk remedies for periodontal disease of teeth based on garlic:
- Make the next liquid. Garlic is crushed and sent to unrefined olive oil. The mixture should be kept in a sealed container in the sun for 10 days. After that, the liquid is filtered, and it is used. Moisten turunds and put in the cavity of periodontal pockets for 40 minutes.
Effective folk techniques
To get rid of periodontal disease using not only rinsing and application. Also considered effective is the treatment of periodontal disease at home using folk remedies using gum massage. This method normalizes blood circulation, relieves pain, eliminates bleeding.
For massage you can use:
- Sea buckthorn oil.
- Eucalyptus oil.
- Fir oil with sea buckthorn.
- Oil of lemon, orange, mint.
- Honey with fine salt.
- Hydrogen peroxide in proportion: 50 ml of water – 20-30 drops.
- Sea salt.
- First you need to brush your teeth and rinse.
- Hands should be clean.
- Start with strokes, and they end.
- Movement should be rhythmic, with no strong pressure on the gums.
- You should start with a healthy area and gradually move to the painful areas.
- Perform a circular motion, then move to a spiral.
- Movement should be in the direction of the lymph flow.
- Use squeezing movement, as if squeezing the contents of stagnant pockets.
- Compression massage is done with two fingers, squeezing the gums simultaneously from the inside and the outside. No more than 7 seconds of exposure.
- The massage should last no more than 5-10 minutes.
Proper massage using the tools that we have indicated above, will increase blood flow, cleanse periodontal pockets, eliminate congestion.
You can also massage the gums with a toothbrush, pre-apply to it some kind of healing compound or oil.
A few more folk remedies for periodontal disease in adults:
- After brushing your teeth at night, you can treat the gums with birch tar.
- Phytoncidal agent for the reproduction of microbes. Grind the onion into mush and add a leaf of aloe, mix. Then chew on your mouth for several minutes, but do not swallow.
- Plantain leaves are well established. The sheet is washed and chewed for 5-7 minutes. Do not swallow. The procedure is desirable to repeat several times a day.
It is easy to prepare a medical toothpaste at home. Such treatment of periodontal disease folk remedies reviews leaves only good.
- In the toothpaste add chopped calamus root. At the rate of 0.5 g of root at a time.
- Means for cleaning the teeth can be prepared as follows. Use 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. soda, 3 tbsp. l birch ash. Dilute with the required amount of water to the desired consistency. Use instead of pasta.
Not always enough for a disease such as periodontal disease, treatment of folk remedies. The most effective means will not be effective if you do not follow the rules of nutrition.
Rules of nutrition with periodontal disease
As you know, one of the reasons for the development of periodontal disease is a lack of vitamins and trace elements in the diet. Therefore, you can list a number of products that are necessary for periodontal health:
- Sauerkraut. Used in the treatment of periodontal disease.
- Sea fish.
- Spring Green.
- Fermented milk non-fatty products.
- Kohlrabi cabbage
Next, we list products that contribute to the formation of plaque and the destruction of periodontal teeth:
- Milk chocolate.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Fatty dishes.
- Sour foods.
- Sweet products.
It is necessary to adhere to a balanced diet with a high content of fiber. If you have signs of periodontal disease, you should not go to the products subjected to heat treatment, as well as liquid porridge. Do not reduce the chewing load at an early stage of the disease. Otherwise, you will give even more chances of illness.
Prevention of periodontal disease
Treatment of periodontal disease is a very long process. As a rule, the disease can be stopped, but it is very difficult to restore the previous condition of the teeth and gums.
- Regularly, every six months, visit the dentist.
- To maintain hygiene and brush your teeth. Regularly use a rinse with herbal extracts, a quality toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Eat right and rational.
- Minimize the use of sweets, carbohydrates, baking.
- Stop smoking.
- Treat chronic diseases.
- Do not allow the development of caries.
- Take vitamins with calcium and phosphorus.
By following these simple rules, you can save teeth for years to come.
Reviews of traditional methods of treatment
Probably each of us tried at least once the popular method in the treatment of toothache. Many people believe that the treatment of periodontal disease folk remedies are the most effective. Feedback is usually only positive. Herbs relieve swelling and strengthen gums. You can eliminate bleeding gums.
One has only to remember some rules of treatment:
- Do not use herbs that cause allergic reactions.
- Before use, check for tolerability.
- Massage of the gums should not be carried out at the time of exacerbation of the disease with exacerbated inflammatory process.
- Use only warm solutions for rinsing so as not to burn the mucous membrane.
- Constantly resort to preventive measures for periodontal disease of the teeth.
No need to use traditional medicine recipes as a panacea. They are effective only in the early stages of the disease. Very complex and dangerous dental diseases such as periodontal disease and periodontitis. Treatment with folk remedies in this case can only relieve exacerbations of the disease or its symptoms. But the main treatment should appoint a specialist who chooses drugs based on the severity of the condition.
If you follow oral hygiene and regularly visit the dentist for an examination, then you can not be afraid that periodontal disease or any other dental disease will develop. A smile will always be beautiful and snow-white, and you will never be disturbed by a toothache.